Angus and Mighty comparison

Vapeurshop in France also @1800

I bought from them before (my Anvil) and it took a while for them to get stock, but they were always quick to bring me up to date
when I got impatient

Cheers for that mate!

If anyone needs a direct link:

Says it will be available around the 15th of November.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Early adopting can be fun, to try something new, play with and test out, potentially be first on the next great thing, but also I feel a certain sense of duty to my FC family since I have built up a respectable amount of experience here, always feels good to help others out especially with new sought after devices (even moreso when they are hard to obtain) that use exciting new technology... Rationalizing my next unnecessary purchase for the Angus sure, but still true feelings lol
Exactly! And you are someone that I absolutely look to and trust with opinion and reviews, because you are willing to play, test, try, and yes, buy various vapes. You have answered the call, and you lead us onward in our vape journeys. Thank you, @Shit Snacks . You are one of the amazing people on here that make this hobby so rewarding.
I'm waiting a bit on this one, mostly because I've bought a few vapes lately, and I want to spend more time with them. There have been times I've adopted early, and times I've waited, and while I see the merits of both, the times I've had a device from the initial release have given me a certain type of additional attachment from watching it out in the world, and there is the benefit of being able to be in a conversation about it with experience rather than speculation.

MrBaked.co

They are longer and thinner. Neither will work in the other brand's vapes. Which is a shame, as it's currently not possible to order more YLLVAPE dosing capsules and the Angus only comes with two.
Ah that's a shame you can't get anymore yet.
I knew they wouldn't fit. I just wondered If they held more or less weed.

Smaller would be my preference.

MrBaked.co,

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
They are longer and thinner. Neither will work in the other brand's vapes. Which is a shame, as it's currently not possible to order more YLLVAPE dosing capsules and the Angus only comes with two.

They're available in the UK

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Got my hands on a mighty+ and here's what I got as far as a comparison WITH THE OLD MOUTHPIECE on the angus.

The mighty is easier. In nearly every way. It feels more solid and it's crazy efficient. Just like I remember. The mighty+ is not as harsh as the mighty was for me which is neat. So, despite the quicker flavor loss, I'm finding every session with the mighty+ to be very satisfying. The angus is less satisfying. I'm not sure why. It could be the bowl size or the lack of conduction. They both get me there but the mighty is seemingly more reliable so far. These are just first impressions though.

Texus

Got my hands on a mighty+ and here's what I got as far as a comparison WITH THE OLD MOUTHPIECE on the angus.

The mighty is easier. In nearly every way. It feels more solid and it's crazy efficient. Just like I remember. The mighty+ is not as harsh as the mighty was for me which is neat. So, despite the quicker flavor loss, I'm finding every session with the mighty+ to be very satisfying. The angus is less satisfying. I'm not sure why. It could be the bowl size or the lack of conduction. They both get me there but the mighty is seemingly more reliable so far. These are just first impressions though.
Look forward to your thoughts with another mouthpiece. CU on Angus seems to be regarded as weak link. I love mine with the Ole Stubby as WPA and FW7 cooling stem.

And I am curious about more specifics of how Mighty is easier. Honestly in terms of user ergonomics loading and cleaning I've regarded the two as nearly identical. Very interested in your thoughts there.

Thanks for weighing in. Great to get more direct comparisons on this thread.

Texus,

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
The mighty+ bowl is smaller if you only fill up to the bottom of the funnel (the white part). And it's a bit easier to brush because it is wider.

The design of the mighty CU is easier to q-tip than the angus, though that could be due to practice moreso than the design.

I like the vapor of the mighty+ more. It doesn't taste as good as the angus but it feels more satisfying imo especially breathing it out. Not that the could is bigger but it feels weightier. It's hard to describe.

The way it charges is lovely. No changing out batteries every time it dies. I just plug it in when I'm not using it.

The wider bowl is easier to load.

I like the mighty temp system with the numbers and 3 boost modes. It's very nice for a longer session.

The mighty doesn't get nearly as warm in the hand. Maybe I'll change my mind with this one once I move to CO haha.

I think the mighty feels a little more rugged, likely because of the buttons and the lack of a rattle. They both survivor drop tests

The angus tastes better, tastes better for longer, hits harder at max temp and is probably more efficient due to the higher temp.

Despite all of that I tons the mighty more satisfying. Maybe it's the conduction.

Regardless it's only been a few days. In a bit I'll have a real opinion

Last edited:

Likun

Would be great to hear an update on the comparison!
I'm just in the same place rn deciding whether I should give the Angus a try. Mighty I bought a year ago was a steal at 120 € and that's the only reason I bought it.
But I've learned to like it especially for sessions and taking it outdoor.
I HATE cleaning it though. And battery life also isn't the best. Hard to share with my partner being outside for a when.

Would the Angus do better considering those criteria?

Likun,

RedZep

I'm just in the same place rn deciding whether I should give the Angus a try. Mighty I bought a year ago was a steal at 120 € and that's the only reason I bought it.
I HATE cleaning it though. And battery life also isn't the best. Hard to share with my partner being outside for a when.

If you already have Mighty then you should buy a vape that does different things. Maybe something on demand like a TM2. Buying mighty and Angus is like wearing a normal watch and a smart watch on the same wrist. Just redundant.

Likun

If you already have Mighty then you should buy a vape that does different things. Maybe something on demand like a TM2. Buying mighty and Angus is like wearing a normal watch and a smart watch on the same wrist. Just redundant.
Thanks for the reply.
I do own/have tried various other vapes including TM2 and some more.
But actually atm I'm really looking for something simple, sturdy, session style with constant delivery just like the mighty does for me BUT without the cleaning hassle and short battery life. And if possible without plastic and aluminium components...

I haven't been following the vape game for like 3 years and just stumbled across the Angus which looked very promising, that's how I found this thread :)

Likun,

Pukka

Own OG versions of both. Use a VGoodiEZ's glass spikey mouthpiece on the Mighty along with a glass gong. Use Molicel's (matched) in the Angus along with switching between a spike and ball mouthpiece and the plain one. No capsules used with either.

The Mighty is basically idiot-proof (no offense meant, I certainly can be an idiot at times) with one, imo, big flaw. The "Bickle Tickle". Worse than cleaning, which for me got easier by using Dr Bonners, a toothbrush and hottest water your tap makes. Not all the time but when it's there it sucks rotten eggs. Other than that, the Mighty is, well, the Mighty. Not a bad thing, imo. It can gets you seriously lit, easily.

Angus, oth, is easier to clean. I use the watertool adapter pretty much all the time with an 18mm wide unobtainium spike stem. I can simply toss the parts in the ultrasonic cleaner. As for taste, no question, hands down Angus. Better flavors longer. Slightly shorter sessions, which imo = better flavor.

Right now I'm on Angus kick so the Mighty's on the shelf.

If you do decide to go ahead with your purchase make sure to get the newest version with the revised battery caps and rubies rather than glass.

Pukka,
Reactions: Likun

RedZep

Thanks for the reply.
But actually atm I'm really looking for something simple, sturdy, session style with constant delivery just like the mighty does for me BUT without the cleaning hassle and short battery life. And if possible without plastic and aluminium components...

I haven't been following the vape game for like 3 years and just stumbled across the Angus which looked very promising, that's how I found this thread :)
Yeah sorry I reread your comment. Seems you want a no fuss portable session vape. I guess it probably is between the two.

I didn't like my Angus and sent it back. However I've since owned a mighty plus and didn't like that either.

They are both not easy to clean. Angus better but not by much. The battery on the mighty lasted longer for me. But that was a brand new mighty plus. Yours might have some battery degradation. Angus has advantage of swappable batteries so you can have spares charged up.

You can also wait 10 days for the new Storz and Bickle vape announcement. Rumors it might be a vape that uses pucks, so could be crappy. But it could be something that improves on the mighty.

RedZep,

TigoleBitties

Big and Bouncy
Thanks for the reply.

Can't speak to the Angus but I might suggest you try one of the new class of portable ball vapes (very convection biased). Thermal Accumulator, Stunner or wait for the upcoming Tempest.

They are great session style vapes imo and they have no problem with constant delivery (I own a Stunner). No plastic or aluminum either but stainless steel and titanium so they're as rugged as it gets and super easy to clean. Also no battery problems if you use a torch but I personally prefer induction heaters (I own the iSpire Wand) and depending on the model these can last for minimum double digit uses.

:2c:

RedZep

Can't speak to the Angus but I might suggest you try one of the new class of portable ball vapes (very convection biased). Thermal Accumulator, Stunner or wait for the upcoming Tempest.

They are great session style vapes imo and they have no problem with constant delivery (I own a Stunner). No plastic or aluminum either but stainless steel and titanium so they're as rugged as it gets and super easy to clean. Also no battery problems if you use a torch but I personally prefer induction heaters (I own the iSpire Wand) and depending on the model these can last for minimum double digit uses.

:2c:
I'm currently also of the opinion that portable ball vape + wand is currently the best portable offering. I'm at a point where portable electronic session vapes annoy me more than affect me. The feeble effects aren't worth sitting there for 10 minutes sucking out thin vapour. Only session vape that hit the spot for me was a Volcano Hybrid in whip mode.

I guess it depends where you are at. For many mighty/Angus will be fine

kokolokokolokon

@Likun like tigole and redzep told you, maybe a butane ballvape, or wait for the tempest (which seems a win-win, um hyped af); wait for the mew S&B device (but im sure it wont have a removable battery since they like to have certified devices..and you can’t with a removable battery); and i will add you can wait for the angus plus, which will have better battery life and will be easier to clean.

If you already have various vapes to use i would wait till winter. To see what is going to release

kokolokokolokon,
Top Bottom