Angus and Mighty comparison

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

As terps vaporizer at lower temps than other cannabinoids, I see why low temperature gets purer, more flavorful hits. But what scientific or rational explanation do we have for why one method of providing heat provides more numerous flavorful hits than any other? I just can't convince myself that's reasonable. Help

Yeah I thought it was self-evident, the bulb is more of a glass heat source, than most competitors that have ceramic and metal heating elements...? Materials basically
Full circle

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

GoldenBud

Yeah I thought it was self-evident, the bulb is more of a glass heat source, than most competitors that have ceramic and metal heating elements...? Materials basically
yeah the glass weighs more than the coil, and is like 2x more inert to oxygen

GoldenBud,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Full circle
Have you tried a halogen vape? There are a few, but the easiest to get is the Highlighter. I have two and they provide excellent flavor. Have not tried a halogen portable, but I assume the principle would be the same.

Flavor is subjective in people, but it is detectable and measurable. It's also the thing that brought me to vaping in the first place.

I think rather than convincing yourself with some materials analysis, get your hands on a halogen vape. 😃

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Have you tried a halogen vape? There are a few, but the easiest to get is the Highlighter. I have two and they provide excellent flavor. Have not tried a halogen portable, but I assume the principle would be the same.

Flavor is subjective in people, but it is detectable and measurable. It's also the thing that brought me to vaping in the first place.

I think rather than convincing yourself with some materials analysis, get your hands on a halogen vape. 😃
I've spent more money on vapes than Ive wanted to this year. It's great anecdotal experience but some of us wanted a better explanation than "just try it!"

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I've spent more money on vapes than Ive wanted to this year. It's great anecdotal experience but some of us wanted a better explanation than "just try it!"
That is fair but at then end of the day you either believe glass preserves more flavor or you don't. Or you try it after you feel comfortable buying or borrowing a vape.

Obviously this forum leans toward buying devices, but if you don't want to do that you gotta rely on the experience and reviews from those who have actually tried the device.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

Real science may never come on this, but a (subjective) consensus will, and it will likely be like all the others: reasonably true. We mostly haven't relied on published analyses to enjoy our other vapes....

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

That is fair but at then end of the day you either believe glass preserves more flavor or you don't. Or you try it after you feel comfortable buying it borrowing a vape.

Obviously this forum leans toward buying devices, but if you don't want to do that you gotta rely on the experience and reviews from those who have actually tried the device.
Again I thought that's what the discussion was...
I have glass devices, ceramic and metal too. I know I can taste the difference I was hoping someone has some insight as to why. Something better than "you just don't understand to you try". Seems dismissive

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I guess I don't understand what kind of why you are looking for, scientific nonsense with big words?? Look up glass cookware

And yeah comparing to a session conduction device, I would say aside from the materials, the predominantly convection heating would be the other factor along with good temperature settings

coolbreeze

I know I can taste the difference I was hoping someone has some insight as to why.
That is a good question, and I also wonder if it's only that the surface of the heater (bulb) is glass. The effects signature of my halogen vape seems more like my kanthal-coil heated vape or a specific torch conduction vape then any of the others. The explanation for that has got to be interesting since they're very different kinds of devices.

Last edited:

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

I guess I don't understand what kind of why you are looking for, scientific nonsense with big words?? Look up glass cookware

And yeah comparing to a session conduction device, I would say aside from the materials, the predominantly convection heating would be the other factor along with good temperature settings
I thought maybe the halogen itself was doing some heating not just the radiant heat from the glass bulb. Isn't the light just wasted energy at that point?

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Since I don’t own one I’d these devices, I can only comment on my opinion, the actual vapor path and materials used may have the biggest effect on the perceived flavor difference. Would have to see a BLIND taste test, between a halogen bulb device and a Stainless Steel coil, before I was convinced there is a real world difference. Just because the heat heat source is a GLASS envelope, doesn’t sway me….

RustyOldNail,

Shit Snacks

I thought maybe the halogen itself was doing some heating not just the radiant heat from the glass bulb. Isn't the light just wasted energy at that point?

Huh? Yes of course the bulb is hot, when you inhale fresh air through around it that will be heating the air, it has the glass balls above the bulb to retain the heat and disperse it well, so that is convection I'm not sure what you mean by not heating and only producing radiant heat, there is always radiant heat as well? I also don't know what you mean by the light is wasted energy, we are using it in this case aren't we?? I think it would be a waste to keep it on long without use, since it is session style, that lines up well and there is no reason to have it on without use...

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

Huh? Yes of course the bulb is hot, when you inhale fresh air through around it that will be heating the air, it has the glass balls above the bulb to retain the heat and disperse it well, so that is convection I'm not sure what you mean by not heating and only producing radiant heat, there is always radiant heat as well? I also don't know what you mean by the light is wasted energy, we are using it in this case aren't we?? I think it would be a waste to keep it on long without use, since it is session style, that lines up well and there is no reason to have it on without use...
If it's just the heat from glass than why didn't they use a more efficient heat source for the glass heater?

Dr. Lucien Sanchez,

Shit Snacks

If it's just the heat from glass than why didn't they use a more efficient heat source for the glass heater?

I can't tell you why they made the design choices they did, but halogen heats up quicker than another heating element that then has to heat up glass or ceramic etc... They wanted to do something unique and innovative with halogen predominantly as the goal it seems? Maybe it started as developing a vape separately and they decided halogen would be the best, but I feel like the two ideas became intertwined...?

Dr. Lucien Sanchez

I can't tell you why they made the design choices they did, but halogen heats up quicker than another heating element that then has to heat up glass or ceramic etc... They wanted to do something unique and innovative with halogen predominantly as the goal it seems? Maybe it started as developing a vape separately and they decided halogen would be the best, but I feel like the two ideas became intertwined...?
That kinda just brings me around to the idea of why the Angus has better flavor, like where this started. Bulb get hot great answer

RedZep

That is fair but at then end of the day you either believe glass preserves more flavor or you don't. Or you try it after you feel comfortable buying or borrowing a vape.

This. Trying to convince FC users to not be early adopters is missing the point. We are the early testers. We are the hardcore 1% of the market. The geeks. If I didn't want to early adopt something, I certainly wouldn't try to convince other FC members to do the same. I would rather be excited to hear their early reviews etc.

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

World wide? In europe I can only find it the UK that is a no go for EU imports. Anyone knows of a EU based shop having the Angus?
Vapeurshop in France also @1800

I bought from them before (my Anvil) and it took a while for them to get stock, but they were always quick to bring me up to date
when I got impatient

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I would rather be excited to hear their early reviews etc.

Agreed, I wasn’t first on the line for the first vaccine, however I do honor and respect those that for whatever reason did.
But I recognize that for me is still selfish, and I try to consider when I can, a newbie vaper. That person may not have the budget if buying his first or second vape device, and in those cases, I recommend not to become an early adopter. Most of use have and still case the “ghost”. I love new tech, sometimes even a small move forward is good, as for sometime now, it’s been a long period of tiny rehash, rebrand etc.

And for this product, I applaud the first adopters. For a newbie or smaller budget, I’d research the tried and true, then when you can afford VAS, buy something you like in a V1. :)

Shit Snacks

Early adopting can be fun, to try something new, play with and test out, potentially be first on the next great thing, but also I feel a certain sense of duty to my FC family since I have built up a respectable amount of experience here, always feels good to help others out especially with new sought after devices (even moreso when they are hard to obtain) that use exciting new technology... Rationalizing my next unnecessary purchase for the Angus sure, but still true feelings lol

Last edited:

BL4ZE

Early adopting can be fun, to try something new, play with and test out, potentially be first on the next great thing, but also I feel a certain sense of duty to my FC family since I have built up a respectable amount of experience here, always feels good to help others out especially with new sought after devices (even more so when they are hard to obtain) that use exciting new technology... Rationalizing my next unnecessary purchase for the Angus sure, but still true feelings lol

Shit, I don't even really need a new vape. My next purchase was going to be a Bowle but here I am probably going to buy one tomorrow because "it's fun"

Top Bottom