Andes Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies

Sallypants

Hey guys! :wave: I am new to FC but wanted to share this with the world right away. I have been doing alot of experimenting with various types of baked good recipes using both fresh and AVB, using different oils and butters with great effects however never been satisfied with the taste until now using this combination of ingredients. It seems that no matter fresh or AVB large amounts or small this does a great job at masking anything. Taste is just as important as potency in my opinion and I have finally found what I think is the most perfect and easy baked good. Everything you need (other than herbs) can be purchased at Wal-mart or most grocery stores. My search is over .... for now anyway -

BRIEF BREAK FROM RECIPE TO GIVE A PRAISE:bowdown: TO COCONUT OIL *if you already know the glory that is coconut oil you may just want to skip my testomny

I personally love coconut oil for cooking. There are a million reasons to love it and from my experience it is the, best smelling, best tasting and most easy to use oil for making infused baked goods. Google how to infuse coconut oil using a crock pot and mason jar and I swear you will never go back to stove top cooking. There is very little mess and only the slight scent of coconuts in your home. If you are concerned about smells with making oil coconut oil in the crock pot with a mason jar solves that issue again google how to do this. Coconut oil is where its at!! Don't mess around with anything else. Trust me.:tup:

So I share with you Andes Mint Chocolate chip cookies with Coconut oil

:science: DISCLAMER- Please do not attempt this recipe or anything in a kitchen if you are under the influence of any mind altering substance. You will be using an oven. BE CAREFUL. Get someone sober to help you if you have issues with being sober. Burns hurt avoid them!!

Makes about 20. Depending on size.
Ingredients:

· 1/2 cup liquid coconut oil(infused)
· 2 eggs
· 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
· 1/2 tsp. salt
· 1 tsp. baking powder
· 1/4 tsp. baking soda
· 1 1/4 tbsp. vanilla
· 1 3/4 cup all purpose flour
· 1 bag mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
· 1 bag Andes Mint Baking Chips

Preparation:

· Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Prepare cookie sheets. I lay out tin foil and then spray it with pam or whatever you like to use to keep things from sticking to pans.

-Open the bags of chocolate chips and sample a few small handfuls of each but don't eat them all especially the mint ones (skip this step if you have control issues or heavy munchies)

· In a large bowl dump in the flour, eggs, brown sugar, salt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, and coconut oil. Mix it well! The better you mix it the better they will taste. I advise using some sort of electric mixer like either a hand mixer or one of those fancy stand up kitchen-aid type mixers. I personally use a crappy cheap electric hand mixer I got for $10 at a Dollar General store.

· Mix in chocolate chips. Use the entire bag of Andes chips and about half the bag of mini chips. I personally toss in a few handfuls of regular milk chocolate chips if I happen to have them around. When you add the chips it might slow the mixer down if you are using a cheap one so be careful and add them slowly.

· Let dough rest in the fridge as long as desired. You can go ahead and bake them right away, but I have found that it is easier to roll the dough into balls when it is cooler and the final cookies seem to taste a little better if all the goodies have time to chill out and blend together before baking.

·Roll dough into large balls. If you roll them about the size of a golf ball this recipe should make about 20. This is good to think about if you want to be sure each cookie has an even dosage. When I make this recipe I lay out wax paper and roll out 20 evenly sized dough balls. I then wrap them up in wax paper so they don't stick together, I place them in a freezer bag and store them in the fridge or freezer and only bake the exact amount of cookies I need when I need them. The reason I do this is because these cookies are REALLY GOOD and I have control issues. If I baked 20 I would eat 20. I suggest doing this because they do store well, unless/want you need all 20 cookies at once. I don't know your life.

- Bake the cookies. Place about 6 dough balls per cookie sheet. Bake 9-14 minutes, or until cookies are browning around edges. Times will vary depending on whether you are using frozen dough or room temp dough you just mixed up. Just keep an eye on them. These cookies taste better and mask herbs best when they are golden brown and crispy, rather than light brown and gooey. I am not suggesting you burn them but don't take them out until edges are dark brown. When they have finished baking lay them out on a cooling rack or a kitchen towel to cool and firm up. You will be tempted to eat them right away but don't because you will burn your mouth. Also these cookies taste best when they are cool and have firmed up.

Thats it!! Enjoy the cookies! :love: They taste great and are even better with some cold milk.

Sallypants,
Reactions: WatTyler

Sallypants

I have also tried regular chocolate chips in this same recipe, and it tastes pretty good if you aren't into mint, but it doesn't seem to mask tastes as well as the mint does. The mint chips cover everything. I am really interested in trying out other types of chips like maybe peanut butter, or butter scotch, and I saw all sorts of new candy bar chips like heath bar. I am currently in a love affair with the mint cookies right now but if I feel like experimenting I will post the results. Please let me know if you guys try this out or have any tips or suggestions. Thanks!

Sallypants,
Top Bottom