analgesic effect of cannabis delayed until the following day(s)?

darbarikanada

I'm wondering if anyone's noticed anything like this:

it seems that on more than a few occasions, I've vaped cannabis and it didn't lower my (chronic back) pain in any particularly noticeable way, but the next day, and sometimes the day after that, even though I didn't vape, the pain was definitely lower. eventually the analgesic effect wears off, reverts to 'baseline'.

does anyone with a good understanding of the endocannabinoid system have any idea how/why this could be occurring? I'd pretty much given up on the idea that cannabis was going to be much help for my issue (nerve compression), but if there's something to what I'm observing, maybe I've been looking in the wrong place, checking in immediately after vaping, instead of the next day or 2.

if I understand the endocannabinoid system, that would suggest that once the cannabinoids are locked onto the receptors, that sets in motion biochemical processes that might take a while to kick in and might not dissipate for a couple days.

(fwiw: if you're a daily driver, this effect - if real - would be 'invisible'; you'd be getting relief, but it would be from vaping a day or 2 before. I'm more interested in hearing from people who don't vape daily, since there'd be enough 'vape-less' days to provide contrast with 'vape days'.)

darbarikanada,
Reactions: CNYC
Top Bottom