1. What does SSTB mean? See our glossary of acronyms.
    Dismiss Notice

An E-Cig vape that doesn't leak??!!

Discussion in 'Ask FC' started by Tstat, Apr 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tstat

Tstat Dead Foot Designs Accessory Maker

I really like being able to make my own e-cig juice with concentrates. It's convenient, discreet, etc. I'm on my second device, however and the new one is leaking, too. The first one was a small box type deal and it leaked like a sive. This one is an Endura T20 and it leaks if I lay it on it's side.

I hate the leaking, and the guy at the vape store said they all leak. I can't buy that! I want something that doesn't leak- I don't care if it is super adjustable or anything, just something the doesn't leak!

Anyone have any suggestions?

zor and Jill NYC like this.
  2. Tstat

Well, I guess there may not be one that doesn’t leak, lol!

3. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

I use a Endura T18 and Endura t18ep for e-juice but have fallen back into combusting pyros.
    Sometimes some condensed liquid escapes the mouthpiece but I never had liquid escaping from the glass-chamber.
    Well, one time, but that was silly me wanting to know what happens if you blow in it :D

I like the tight draw on the enduras.
    Did you install the coil correct ?
    where does it leak from ?

4. Tstat

It leaks from where the top part screws into the bottom. And only if I lay it down. I didn't install anything, I just used it right out of the box.

5. Mr.Sifter

Mr.Sifter Well-Known Member

maybe the coil (the cylinder with the cotton and the wires inside) is faulty or not installed correctly.
    Do you have a spare coil?
    they can be bought cheap at fasttech.

Vape the atomizer (glass chamber) empty.
    twist top part off.
    turn it over
    screw the atomizer off.
    insert a new one.
    reassemble

Tstat likes this.
  6. Tstat

Happened to be thumbing through High Times and saw the Rubi. I researched it and I guess it DOESN'T LEAK. Should be arriving any time today.
    I'm prepared!
    [​IMG]

Jill NYC likes this.
  7. picautomaton

picautomaton Member

I would say out of my vape tanks the Kay..fun Prime is like the best. The original costs some bucks but the clone (which I have ☺️) is excellent

Tstat likes this.
  8. Justpassedu

Justpassedu Well-Known Member

I have not had my Rubi leak but in all honesty it sucks with what you are making for it. I actually have the same mix and just don't get great hits out of it. My 1st tank made gurgling noises every hit , my second tank I made just never put out good vapor. I think the carts are not designed for our thc ejuice as i have read around the web and many had the same issue. I'm wishing you luck though , maybe they re-did the tanks , mine are from when it 1st came out. Please post some results .

Vape Donkey 650 and Jill NYC like this.
  9. Tstat

Ugh. My wife busts my balls about how many pens I have bought! We shall see I guess...

Justpassedu likes this.
  10. Tstat

So, it got here this morning. I charged it for an hour, primed the tank, and gave it a shot!

I am happy to report (granted, after only 5 hits) that this thing is ripping for me! Seriously nice clouds if I pull harder and softer vape-type clouds with a short draw. It's cool as shit, too. No gurgle sound, and no leaks- so far ;) I just hope I don't loose that tiny silicone plug, lol.

I'm heading to Block Island for a couple of days of "work" tomorrow, so it will be a good test for it.

Justpassedu likes this.
  11. clukx

clukx Well-Known Member

Kandypens rubi

Justpassedu likes this.
  12. Tstat

Yes.

Justpassedu likes this.
  13. Justpassedu

Nice I am glad you got it and it is working for you. What Ratio of mix/concentrate did you end up using?. I am going to give mine another shot today with concentrate. I have 2 tanks left that are new. I ended up filling one with regular old Eliquid and got the gurgles again. Hoping it is just the cart so well see when I try some potent juice.

14. Tstat

I did the standard 1 gram to 2 mils. I really am digging it. And I can get huge lung busters if I hit it a certain way.

15. Justpassedu

I use Holy Terp Pure mix but what I am going to try is extracting the juice out of a high quality pre-filled cart and putting it in the Rubi later tonight as I like the form factor better . Hopefully it works out .

16. Justpassedu

It’s working amazing , I transferred from a pre made cart to the rubi’s tank. Hits really hard , almost double the output of any of my regular pens and the taste is just amazing . It definitely uses material quicker but I am really happy I gave it a 2nd chance . My new favorite pen , I guess I got a few tanks that just didn’t meet quality control but I am glad I found one that works nice .

clukx, Jill NYC, Tstat and 1 other person like this.
  17. clukx

clukx Well-Known Member

Good I've been using straight distillate in mine but I heat up the glass syringe with a lighter so it's very very thin and runny so its easier to load and also when the oil is hot it soaks into the cotton much better

Support FC, visit our trusted friends and sponsors