American Pickers

vapormonkey

I'm educating myself now for when some young guys who aren't even born yet start looking through barns and finding old contraptions and wondering what they are...I can tell them what it is, what it does and how it works! lol

I'm serious. There should be a vaporizer museum or hall of fame. I've never seen so many brilliant contraptions to basically do the same thing in different ways...really amazing.

Here's tip for you pros. One of the most important factors in mastering the milk vape is herbal moisture content. I can't emphasize that enough. It's VERY important and should be a MAJOR consideration. With many native environments, artificial drying by a heat source prior to milking is a must. Herb must be crumbly dry. Without proper prep, no method wil work right.

vapormonkey,

OO

Technical Skeptical
vapormonkey said:
I'm educating myself now for when some young guys who aren't even born yet start looking through barns and finding old contraptions and wondering what they are...I can tell them what it is, what it does and how it works! lol

I'm serious. There should be a vaporizer museum or hall of fame. I've never seen so many brilliant contraptions to basically do the same thing in different ways...really amazing.

Here's tip for you pros. One of the most important factors in mastering the milk vape is herbal moisture content. I can't emphasize that enough. It's VERY important and should be a MAJOR consideration. With many native environments, artificial drying by a heat source prior to milking is a must. Herb must be crumbly dry. Without proper prep, no method wil work right.
hmm, all the herbs that come my way are sticky and soft and gooey, how should i go about further curing them?
should i stick with the burping technique?

OO,

luchiano

Dry herb is good for milky BUT I don't think it's good for efficient, healthy lungs because when the herb is bone dry it will absorb moisture from it's environment and in this case it will be the lungs which is not a good thing. This is the major reason why a lot of people cough with most weed.

When herbs are moistened good(not wet) they give smooth vapor/smoke and not cough unless the small particulate matter gets through and tickle the throat. You also get more flavor when the herb is well moistened.

Using a boveda pack to moisten your herb is the best way to get this ideal way of milkiness but you should dry your herb first to be able to grind it up into a fine powder or close to it and then moisten with the boveda pack. The 60% version is best for powders. When you vape you will get flavor as well as easiness on the lungs. Even if you don't grind the herb up once you vape the first session a lot of the herb will be drier and you can grind the bowl and getting thicker hits but for a real thick session on the first go round grinding good and using herbs that have been moistened will provide the best tasting hits. The highest milkiness also but that is another subject.

Another thing if you grind up your herb to powder using a coffee grinder or any other electric grinder make sure you put a small amount of rough ground up herb on the screen first to prevent the powder form clogging the screen. Also make sure you don't pack the bowl with the powdered herb because if it's packed to tight it will clump together and impede airflow. Trust me you don't need to pack it tight when using this method. Just lay a nice layer on top of the rough ground herb and inhale away.

luchiano,

lwien

vapormonkey said:

I used to dry my herb out before vaping, but I've found that doing so destroys most of it's taste. It's soooo much tastier to vape herb that is properly cured but fresh. It may take a bit longer to finish the bowl being that one is vaping off the moisture first, but for me, it's a lot more enjoyable.

lwien,

luchiano

OO said:
vapormonkey said:

hmm, all the herbs that come my way are sticky and soft and gooey, how should i go about further curing them?
should i stick with the burping technique?

Just use a dessicate that you find in wal-mart or home depot.

Put the dessicate under a screen and the herb on top of it and cover with aluminum foil or whatever you feel but make sure no air can get in the "chamber".

You can find the screen anywhere that sells cookware.

Something like this:http://www.target.com/gp/detail.html/184-1328246-2479005?asin=B001QA46TE&AFID=Froogle_df&LNM=|B001QA46TE&CPNG=small%20appliances&ci_src=17588969&ci_sku=B001QA46TE&ref=tgt_adv_XSG10001

luchiano,

OO

Technical Skeptical
lwien said:
vapormonkey said:

I used to dry my herb out before vaping, but I've found that doing so destroys most of it's taste. It's soooo much tastier to vape herb that is properly cured but fresh. It may take a bit longer to finish the bowl being that one is vaping off the moisture first, but for me, it's a lot more enjoyable.
maybe i should try not drying it then.

my HA is on the way i can't wait.

most of my herb is 1 week hang cure/ sitting around on a fan face cure (just the plastic mesh that covers the front of a fan, detached from the fan and used like a bowl).

it usually finishes curing if i burp it for 2 weeks.

i love it though, and maybe it's just right for vaping.

OO,

lwien

OO said:
lwien said:
vapormonkey said:

maybe i should try not drying it then.

my HA is on the way i can't wait.

most of my herb is 1 week hang cure/ sitting around on a fan face cure (just the plastic mesh that covers the front of a fan, detached from the fan and used like a bowl).

it usually finishes curing if i burp it for 2 weeks.

i love it though, and maybe it's just right for vaping.

You really do want properly cured up in that vape. For me, I just prefer it not to be bone dry.

lwien,

vapormonkey

^All excellent and valid points. I think it depends a lot on the specific herbs as well. Finding that moisture sweetspot is crucial with what you're vaping. I do the heat gun through a clean glass vriptech water tool with water and ice. I'd like to get the wand but I'm backed off to about 5-10 vrips a day and trying to get down to say 5 vrips every other day. I've been Rocking it very hard for a long long time, time to cool out a bit.

vapormonkey,
Top Bottom