Amateur Astronomy

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
C1-FBD364-CBDE-4-A18-AAD0-B498-A684-F0-D3.webp
I’m talking visual observing or Astrophotography.

I started off in 2014 with a small 4” Orion mak. I now own a 10” Explore Scientific Dob. I’ve tried astrophotography many times using my dob but have concluded I need a eq platform if I ever want real success.

I got a very early version of ES’s collapsible dob (00008!) serial number , it came in the mail with a boatload of problems. Fucking infested with metal shavings, quite awful but I’ve done some work and modifications and now she’s my baby. I’m sure the newer models have had all my issues addressed.

Does anyone here enjoy observing? What’s your setup? I live in New England and often take my setup up around Maine and New Hampshire. I love vaping hemp and just getting lost in the windows to space. (Yes I buy CBD bud quite often) I find if I get high during observing I just get spaced out and sleepy.

Just curious, maybe we can start a long thread on observations and logs idk, show me what you got!

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
There are some folks that bring and setup some impressive computerized telescopes at flying events. Fucking amazing when you get to look in real time at another planet! I love this stuff and would love to eventually get a setup if I have the right spot for it.

FlyingLow,
Reactions: Shrike

Shrike

Flower Potted, Maxed, & Rio'd.
Been to a few Star parties...have loved astronomy my whole life. Used to go to the Hayden Planetarium all the time as a kid.

Life took me on tangents away from the stars...but, would like to get into astrophotography at a future date.

Your Dobsonian looks great! Do you still use the Maksutov, or did it find a new owner?

Great thread...hope it grows. :nod::tup:

Shrike,

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING?!
Been to a few Star parties...have loved astronomy my whole life. Used to go to the Hayden Planetarium all the time as a kid.

Life took me on tangents away from the stars...but, would like to get into astrophotography at a future date.

Your Dobsonian looks great! Do you still use the Maksutov, or did it find a new owner?

Great thread...hope it grows. :nod::tup:
I did sell it a couple year ago unfortunately, it was a very basic setup tho not something great for photography. They have some computerized maks on the market, quite expensive but worth it.

I personally wanna get a small refractor and put it on an eq mount. You should check out Williams Optics in the future, they make some beautiful scope for DSOs and such.

HunkaHunkaBucketFuckit,
Reactions: Shrike
Top Bottom