alt glass

Status
Not open for further replies.

u bwade wunner

So I paid a visit to Alt today in Riverside,about an hour west of LA.They have some amazing glass. there including some nice scientific pieces i looked at from sovereignty,mobius and vertigo.

I shared with them what FC is all about,our passion for all things vapor and how the community is designing vapor specific glass pieces with Planetvape,Leviathon,Glass blowers direct and others.

The store manager sure was a nice guy, He welcomed a faraway visitor and allowed me to take a few shots.I managed to escape without a purchase but a re-visit could be an option next week when I return to LA:)

I took a few photos to give you guys an idea of what Alt is all about.

img0041rl.jpg

img0011xq.jpg

img0024dc.jpg

img0004vdv.jpg

img0014zg.jpg

img0033fa.jpg

img0036fa.jpg

img0030cw.jpg

img0020ib.jpg

img0033fa.jpg

img0021sn.jpg

img0016my.jpg

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I enjoy visiting ALT. I've noticed that so many of the pieces there are "errl"-centric, though. I think it is more of a reflection of the times than anything else, but I'd still like to see more vapor-friendly pieces. We are in the minority these days here at FC. I hope we're not a dying breed. I fear the day that all glass pieces are made with DI joints. :uhoh:

It's a great shop for sure, and I recommend to anyone a visit. They still have a great selection, but much of it is dedicated to the insane dishes and dabbers and domes.
:peace:

u bwade wunner

A Light-Sabre Bong? I WANT:lol:

I have no idea how it works but it was maybe 3 foot long

some serious heady pieces too and others including a lawn mower,no doubt that came about after a very long night:D Alt agreed that a lot of the heady pieces are more about art and less about function.
They also mentioned the kind creations double/triple oil drum pieces are very popular and mobius too.I got to look at the syn showerhead and its Wow so beautifully designed. next stop will be the Cave further north I think in a few days.

u bwade wunner,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Eh... I think dabs are a completely different method separate from vaping. I don't even really know why they're so closely related. Melting is not vaporizing.

Vaporizing a dying breed? Quite the contrary. I see more and more vapor products showing up in shops and the co-op I belong to, is opening up a storefront that is going to focus heavily on vapes and related merchandise.

Plus, combusting flower, will NEVER go away.

As for dabs, personally... I don't have a pressing need. I've vaped oil and hash, other than flower. I'm fine with that.

BigDaddyVapor,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
When I first walked into ALT, the dreadlocked dude behind the counter asked "are you looking for smoke or oil pieces?". I responded "neither. just vapor!!" and he looked at me kinda funny. :uhoh:

I'm just sayin'....
:peace:

Stu,

KeepItLit

my first vapor tube for dabbing was bought from ALT, and it's ALT brand. havent had any problems with it since!

KeepItLit,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
Eh... I think dabs are a completely different method separate from vaping. I don't even really know why they're so closely related. Melting is not vaporizing.

Putting essential oils on a hot surface to create heat/energy transfer makes the oil reach his flash temp. and vape away...How is that different from vaping?????

FLskwat,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
What's the temp difference between vaping and combusting/burning the oil/hash? I don't do dabs, so I don't know. But without temp control, I don't see how the statement can be made, its the same as vaping? You're heating a metal, glass, quartz object to glow red hot? Eh... I'm not convinced and not interested enough to look up an answer. It doesn't appeal to me, in the least bit. Something I might try if offered, something I wouldn't ever pursue.

EDIT: Well, I suppose I could be wrong, in thinking about it... its the same concept as the Eclipse Vape. Though, that makes me question the Eclipse. So I'm back where I started. Without some precision in temp control...

BigDaddyVapor,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
1/ where's your temp control on your MF, and multiple vapes?
2/ the oil goes on the hot surface, by heat transfer it reaches its correct flashing point and disappears in a concentrated mist... Vapor!
3/ yes if you drop your oil on a red glowing surface (400 c• on the IR gun) THEN and only then, the heat transfer will be so brutal that there will be some sub combustion of the flav. And terps. = burnt oil flavor and coughing!

Gammy

Gammy's getting upset!
I'm pretty sure dabbing is combusting, unless the dab is water ;)

Gammy,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
a dab is vaping, with or without water. try tossing bubble hash on the nail, now thats combusting.

ilovebOObs,
Reactions: Puffers

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
1/ where's your temp control on your MF, and multiple vapes?
2/ the oil goes on the hot surface, by heat transfer it reaches its correct flashing point and disappears in a concentrated mist... Vapor!
3/ yes if you drop your oil on a red glowing surface (400 c• on the IR gun) THEN and only then, the heat transfer will be so brutal that there will be some sub combustion of the flav. And terps. = burnt oil flavor and coughing!

The temp control on those vapes was built into the units by the manufacturer, or with the temp control on the units or power supplies. You should know that as well as anyone. Also, its extremely easy to tell AND immediately correct if you combust with a vape.

Dabs are oil? When I think of oil, I think of something like Gold Coast. I thought it was more a hash?

BigDaddyVapor,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
hash still has plant material. while oils and waxes don't. take some of your oil and put that shit on a nail BDV!!!! insta kick in the balls :lol:

ilovebOObs,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
The temp control on those vapes was built into the units by the manufacturer, or with the temp control on the units or power supplies. You should know that as well as anyone. Also, its extremely easy to tell AND immediately correct if you combust with a vape.
I do not agree sorry BDV, MF (without PA), TV, VG, Omicron, Vaponic...and many vapes have your only lungs and your air draw power as unique temp. control... I do know that as you do too!
Corrections and right temp. point are as easy on a nail with colors of the surface & a little learning curve (like many vapes) as on most of the vapes!
Finally, yes dabs= consumption technique of oil with the heating transfer surface (ti, quartz, boro...)!

FLskwat,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom