Alpine 2020/2021 - Induction Heater

thunderstealer1337

Um they tried to sell the problematic issues to puffitup. Puffitup posted it up on entx had like 100 units for sale, I showed them a few comments of what ppl were experiencing, told them I am actually in process of getting refund (never took ownership of it - you can call me whatever you want for refusing it). They then pull the listing, said the unit they were playing with stopped functioning within 4 hrs and will not be selling these at all. Lol, I feel bad for 2nd hand users buying off entx and getting a fire hazard

TommyDee

Vaporitor
I just sold mine on the exchange. It has a solid history and I have no reservations about this unit. I gave it a good workout and it always performed as expected when charging and with regard to battery performance. Even the BMS low voltage cutoff was right on 9V. And now it will get another transportation test. I'm okay with passing this along.

Puffitup just avoided a business nightmare. I fully appreciate their decision to back out with that in their face. No questions asked. Dodged a bullet!

So indeed, know what you are buying and who you are buying from. Know what you are selling. If this thing craps out with the new owner, I have to own up. How many sellers will do that? If it craps out at USPS, Randall will hear about it. It is packed in all the original packaging. It's going through its paces in spades.

It's also looking like Alpine 2020 will be a limited time collector's edition before long. I predict that in a year, these will have a new awakening. The 7-fin of IH - Who knows. A simple going-through can restore whatever confidence one would need for this heater. It is not insurmountable to fix these things. I still love the style. Hooked me immediately. I'm glad to have experience with one. So thanks, Randell, for -my- experience. I'm gonna love it when others start tweaking theirs. I still have ideas and I'd share those.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Uh oh....

My wife and kids were out of town visiting her bro for New Year's Eve and while "home alone feeling sorry for myself" (not really, enjoying my "alone time" with Rocky, happily buzzed on live resin and Jameson is more like it.... buuuttt ssshhhhhhh!), I seemed to have gone on a little bit of a spending spree. This was the biggest single purchase by far:

SourceVapes
SourceBuy1-1.jpg

I need an IH and they sent out a code ("WAVE4") for 40% off the sale price... Let's see if they fixed the issues. Supposed to ship 1/15...

I have super low expectations.

Mowjo

Going to give the 2021 a shot. Wave4 code is still working.

I love my koil Boi heater with the separate battery unit but at this price and look it was hard to pass up. BiL liked the dynavap I lent him so I might let him keep it and use whichever heater I end up not using.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Sorry, I was busy running around earlier and thought a quick mad smiley might do it...!

Nope, not a word and not surprised either. This IS SourceVapes we're talking about after-all... First of all, now it's like not even 8AM there, I don't think (?).... but beyond that, who schedules a big release for A fuckin SATURDAY? You know who? SOURCEVAPES, that's who! They probably don't even work today. Worst vape co, business, front, what-have-you, I've ever had the displeasure of dealing with. EVER. Including DHGate, and I'm actually relatively easy to please, too, and really enjoy figuring shit out and how to make it provide, whatever it is....

already disappointed and it ain't even 10AM... THANKS! (Source, not u)

EDIT: Yep, off a day, it's the 16th... SORRY!

NOW I'M EVEN ANGRIER.

They were always super shady to begin with... now with that new "leader" installed.....?? FUCK ME

Can you even imagine what it must be like to work there... swimming in the overt negativity for 8 hours....? ugh.

Last edited:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Have they hit your account up for payment.

You tell me....

My Account​

Order History​

OrderDatePayment StatusFulfillment StatusTotal
SC-XXXXXDecember 31, 2020PaidUnfulfilled$ 100.22
SC-XXXXXNovember 24, 2017PaidFulfilled$ 170.29

Like I said going in, not surprised one IOTA.

They aren't taking up any more space in my head today, that's for damn sure... fruitless.

I'll post updates as they're received...

DingoGlittering

Uh oh....

My wife and kids were out of town visiting her bro for New Year's Eve and while "home alone feeling sorry for myself" (not really, enjoying my "alone time" with Rocky, happily buzzed on live resin and Jameson is more like it.... buuuttt ssshhhhhhh!), I seemed to have gone on a little bit of a spending spree. This was the biggest single purchase by far:

SourceVapes
View attachment 4950

I need an IH and they sent out a code ("WAVE4") for 40% off the sale price... Let's see if they fixed the issues. Supposed to ship 1/15...

I have super low expectations.
Well, shit. In my inebriated state, I ordered one of these last night as well. I guess their marketing is working, no idea how I even found it. Didn't even realize it was just a pre-order, although it did still say shipping in January 2021. Considering there are 11 days left in January and they still haven't left the factory, not sure how they plan to make that happen...

Just caught up on the thread and immediately regret preordering this questionable device. Has anyone actually received a 2021 unit yet or have any idea if they will be good? This is my first induction heater so if anyone has any other recommendations (portable preferred but not needed) please let me know.

SK

GTAVaper

I haven't been on FC for a long while now but I too found the discount on the new 2021 Alpine IH from an email from SourceVapes (still on their mailing list from the Source Orb days) and treated myself to a new toy. It looked so pretty that it caught my eye and I started looking into IH for the VapCap and realized that this would definitely put the VapCap back into the rotation again.

But before ordering I did all the research on FC (which is my reason for my most recent visit back to FC) and also all the Reddits out there (including the 2021 updates Reddit) to see what this little unit was about. There were some bad reviews for those that got sloppily glued tops but I was happy to see that the new unit has screws which will also make it much easier to swap out for a new battery a couple years down the road.

The old magnet issue would have driven my OCD up the wall I think so it is nice that they have addressed this and made the magnet even bigger than the last one ...and made sure it is a diametric magnet that will center the VapCap.

I got the 2019 VapCap M when it came out and I really enjoyed it and the vapour production it was capable of at the time ...as well as the smaller load basket ...but the torching and rolling the Vapcap in the fingers at the same time got pretty old pretty quickly.

Especially since I have a Supreme V3 which can easily do the same sized loads and much bigger loads as well and since I usually only vape at home if I am going to break out the BigShot torch then I would rather use the Supreme than the Vapcap. It's called the Supreme for a reason!

But with a new IH heater it puts a whole new spin on the VapCap experience and will make it a much nicer chilling on the couch unit with the IH sitting on the coffee table to go hit every once in a while ...maybe sit the VapCap in a j-hook and Sherlock Holmes it while watching Netflix.

Not really worried about the ship date (can't be worse than my Grasshopper experience) and looking forward to getting the Alpine whenever it arrives ...and hoping that with the new update that everything works well.

The VapCap works amazing in producing great vapour and now with the new IH on its way I will finally be using it again and appreciating it the way it should be.

Noah42

I wonder if this product will be affected by the vape mail ban?
It is my understanding that the ban takes effect 90(or is it 120) days after the bill was signed, which was back at the end of December.. they better get busy

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
It's not exactly a vape :cool: but who knows.
I think people are freakin out too much. Maybe they will ban vaporizer stems, torch lighters for vapcaps , adapters,water filters... These are boogie man tales, but they are born out of lack of strict definition,which is on the law makers.

Last edited:
Abysmal Vapor,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
It shipped Tuesday and should be in my hands by dinnertime Thursday (hopefully a little sooner)... :science:

Anyone have one yet? Reports?

Top Bottom