All glass pathway - pocket sized vapes with fast extraction times?

backtothevape

Im looking for a discrete vape to take out the house

I thought id found it with the argo.. but then i read its a session vape and takes 30minutes to finish a bowl? thats so long i cant imagine doing that.

im used to the vapexhale cloud evo and dynavap. - fast extraction times.

is there a portable vape with an all glass pathway that clears bowls in less than 10hits or so?
thanks

backtothevape,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Haven’t used it in a long while but the Argo has menu options for, I think, 5 and 10 minute sessions, plenty of time to fully extract the stem.

The ultraportable size is one of its biggest draws. It’s not the mightiest vape for sure but it’s craftier than most. Flavor’s great too.

But once you go on-demand, it’s hard to go back.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I think @Shit Snacks covered most of the convection options at a variety of price points (the stempod si isn’t all glass tho, the original might be if you can find it?), but I’d have to agree with @Jill NYC that while the arizer vapes are session vapes and very different from a dynavap it will be closer to 5-10 (depending on bowl size) on average. It’s intended use is “I’m going to chill for a few minutes and sip on this bowl, not take a quick blast and come back to it later.”

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I think @Shit Snacks covered most of the convection options at a variety of price points (the stempod si isn’t all glass tho, the original might be if you can find it?), but I’d have to agree with @Jill NYC that while the arizer vapes are session vapes and very different from a dynavap it will be closer to 5-10 (depending on bowl size) on average. It’s intended use is “I’m going to chill for a few minutes and sip on this bowl, not take a quick blast and come back to it later.”
Well we're not in a device thread and you specifically asked about fast extraction times so allow me to indulge myself by saying fuck the Argo and all the slow-ass Arizer offerings with their puny heaters.

I'm not interested in rebuildable coils and when I used to watch clips of the stempod it seemed like the inventor was making clouds by scorching and hot spots, which I can't abide as a Splinter/Red Panda maven. I haven't used one so maybe someone has a dialed in Stempod and can show us super even abv from first hit to last, who knows.

And finally, yeah: Tinymight all day. They never go on sale and the $258 price takes a minute to accept. It's just a game changing design and the versatility of the convection heater and handy regulation dial is pretty hard to beat. Get a wpa for j-hook use at home: the short stem cooling unit robs significant flavor, though I still use it every time for vaping out.
PXL_20210724_212026457~2.jpg

arb

Semi shaved ape
Well we're not in a device thread and you specifically asked about fast extraction times so allow me to indulge myself by saying fuck the Argo and all the slow-ass Arizer offerings with their puny heaters.

I'm not interested in rebuildable coils and when I used to watch clips of the stempod it seemed like the inventor was making clouds by scorching and hot spots, which I can't abide as a Splinter/Red Panda maven. I haven't used one so maybe someone has a dialed in Stempod and can show us super even abv from first hit to last, who knows.

And finally, yeah: Tinymight all day. They never go on sale and the $258 price takes a minute to accept. It's just a game changing design and the versatility of the convection heater and handy regulation dial is pretty hard to beat. Get a wpa for j-hook use at home: the short stem cooling unit robs significant flavor, though I still use it every time for vaping out.
View attachment 10965
I can show you that if you would like me to.
Basket screens be suckin ass but I have some very bowl forward adapters if joint loads aren't your thing.
👍🏿

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I can show you that if you would like me to.
Basket screens be suckin ass but I have some very bowl forward adapters if joint loads aren't your thing.
👍🏿
Ah, so you're saying you get more even results from joint packing? Did you come to the stempod with coil building experience from ecig attys? I recall the inventor putting juice on his herb in some clips (though to be fair I've seen Ryan do that with his Splinters many times). I wondered if the niche for the stempod was nic juice crossover folks.

If the stempod can't roast evenly without distancing the weed from the heater then joint packed abv isn't something I need to see. It seems the more forgiving use case, would you agree? I mean I'm glad there's an easy way to get good results, it's just that I prefer a 510 that can safely hit and maintain a precise temp in TC without me only using one way as an accommodation if that makes sense

arb

Semi shaved ape
Ah, so you're saying you get more even results from joint packing? Did you come to the stempod with coil building experience from ecig attys? I recall the inventor putting juice on his herb in some clips (though to be fair I've seen Ryan do that with his Splinters many times). I wondered if the niche for the stempod was nic juice crossover folks.

If the stempod can't roast evenly without distancing the weed from the heater then joint packed abv isn't something I need to see. It seems the more forgiving use case, would you agree? I mean I'm glad there's an easy way to get good results, it's just that I prefer a 510 that can safely hit and maintain a precise temp in TC without me only using one way as an accommodation if that makes sense
I never wound a coil until I got a stempod and never used a mod or e-juice.
Took some practice and a lot of experimenting with wires but I found what I was looking for.
I can get even one hit extraction with a basket screen now also.
I just don't care for the small load size as the hits seem wispy to me comparatively.
I like a Alpha gong with the stempod through water it kind of replicates a basket but is a larger load and it fits the stempod perfectly.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I never wound a coil until I got a stempod and never used a mod or e-juice.
Took some practice and a lot of experimenting with wires but I found what I was looking for.
I can get even one hit extraction with a basket screen now also.
I just don't care for the small load size as the hits seem wispy to me comparatively.
I like a Alpha gong with the stempod through water it kind of replicates a basket but is a larger load and it fits the stempod perfectly.
That's cool you were able to build something that works so well!

"Some practice and a lot of experimenting" with fashioning your own coil still sounds like a bad value proposition to me. Like I'd rather they put less effort into the fancy wooden box it comes in and instead design the heater so it roasts evenly without being replaced by the user several times.

Still appreciate you sharing your experience. Do you own a Tinymight by any chance? I feel like it's only fair to get back to pocket-sized solutions for the OP

gordontreeman

That's cool you were able to build something that works so well!

"Some practice and a lot of experimenting" with fashioning your own coil still sounds like a bad value proposition to me. Like I'd rather they put less effort into the fancy wooden box it comes in and instead design the heater so it roasts evenly without being replaced by the user several times.

Still appreciate you sharing your experience. Do you own a Tinymight by any chance? I feel like it's only fair to get back to pocket-sized solutions for the OP
Sorry, is this all in regards to the stempod si? Again, its not an all glass vapor path (the body is silicone) so its maybe not relevant here but a couple of points that I think could be clarified as I've also looked into the Stempod as something that could take a beating (the only glass is the stem, and conceivably you could buy a DDave water wand or a wooden option if you wanted to remove that as a point of failure).

First, unless I'm missing something it doesn't come in a fancy wooden box, just a normal cardboard/foam affair. They do sell a wooden stash to carry everything but the mod-- are you perhaps confusing this for their normal packaging? Its not included with the Stempod by default in any case.

Second, you definitely don't have to build your own coils. You can go to any smoke/vape shop that carries e cig parts and source whatever kind of coils you want, or buy them online. The advantage of building your own is ostensibly that its easy and that for the price of a handful of pre-built coils you can buy a roll of the appropriate gauge steel and essentially be set for life. My understanding is also that if you go SS you can also set up temp control on the Stempod, and their blog mentions the possibility of using AF, Tubo, or surmyevic firmware.

Finally, not sure if there's a definite answer here, but on the notion that joint packs are easier to evenly roast than a basket screen wouldn't that depend how much you pack in the joint? This is something that has been discussed in the Tetra P80 thread some, and most users believe that the joint packs are harder to roast evenly, but there isn't much comment on how much was used (the equivalent of a basket screen packed in the joint vs half the joint vs the full joint would be wildly different amounts). In my usage I've found that both can provide an even roast with minimal hotspotting depending on the temp you use. Once you go way up there in temps its been my experience that it doesn't matter how you pack it, the exposed surface of the flower that is making first contact with the blast of hot air is going to be roasted darker than everything else, but if you accept that the rest of the avb still ends up being pretty even when dumped onto a paper towel (I recently posted some photos in the TP80 thread if you care to look through the last page or two).

All that said, I've taken some superficial looks at the stempod si for the durability reasons I mentioned, so I'd be interested in photos of your avb and info on making your own coils @arb. Lots of folks say its super easy, just curious if that checks out or its former ecig users who were already making their own coils thinking its nbd as they wind their 100th coil :lol:.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Sorry, is this all in regards to the stempod si? Again, its not an all glass vapor path (the body is silicone) so its maybe not relevant here but a couple of points that I think could be clarified as I've also looked into the Stempod as something that could take a beating (the only glass is the stem, and conceivably you could buy a DDave water wand or a wooden option if you wanted to remove that as a point of failure).

First, unless I'm missing something it doesn't come in a fancy wooden box, just a normal cardboard/foam affair. They do sell a wooden stash to carry everything but the mod-- are you perhaps confusing this for their normal packaging? Its not included with the Stempod by default in any case.

Second, you definitely don't have to build your own coils. You can go to any smoke/vape shop that carries e cig parts and source whatever kind of coils you want, or buy them online. The advantage of building your own is ostensibly that its easy and that for the price of a handful of pre-built coils you can buy a roll of the appropriate gauge steel and essentially be set for life. My understanding is also that if you go SS you can also set up temp control on the Stempod, and their blog mentions the possibility of using AF, Tubo, or surmyevic firmware.

Finally, not sure if there's a definite answer here, but on the notion that joint packs are easier to evenly roast than a basket screen wouldn't that depend how much you pack in the joint? This is something that has been discussed in the Tetra P80 thread some, and most users believe that the joint packs are harder to roast evenly, but there isn't much comment on how much was used (the equivalent of a basket screen packed in the joint vs half the joint vs the full joint would be wildly different amounts). In my usage I've found that both can provide an even roast with minimal hotspotting depending on the temp you use. Once you go way up there in temps its been my experience that it doesn't matter how you pack it, the exposed surface of the flower that is making first contact with the blast of hot air is going to be roasted darker than everything else, but if you accept that the rest of the avb still ends up being pretty even when dumped onto a paper towel (I recently posted some photos in the TP80 thread if you care to look through the last page or two).

All that said, I've taken some superficial looks at the stempod si for the durability reasons I mentioned, so I'd be interested in photos of your avb and info on making your own coils @arb. Lots of folks say its super easy, just curious if that checks out or its former ecig users who were already making their own coils thinking its nbd as they wind their 100th coil :lol:.

I think it is an all glass vapor path, the silicone is literally just the outer shell? Like wood it's not the vapor path for splinter etc unless you use a wooden stem... Air path could be a different thing, tiny bit of fresh air touches the wood, so probably the silicone... (I think someone mentioned FW7, which does not have an all glass vapor path, there is ceramic in the pathway as well as the actual oven chamber, and airpath has wood)

gordontreeman

I think it is an all glass vapor path, the silicone is literally just the outer shell? Like wood it's not the vapor path for splinter etc unless you use a wooden stem... Air path could be a different thing, tiny bit of fresh air touches the wood, so probably the silicone... (I think someone mentioned FW7, which does not have an all glass vapor path, there is ceramic in the pathway as well as the actual oven chamber, and airpath has wood)
Are you guys referring to the OG stempod? I think that maintained an all SS (coils and the base of the heater, I forget the proper terminology in box mod vape terms) and glass airpath. The Si looks to be a silicone shell with no insulating glass or SS, so as they mention in their FAQ "The StemPod Si contains the same grades of Stainless Steel around the heat path, and the Glass Stem is cushioned in a high temperature silicone taper."

If OP is able and willing to source an OG that would change all of this, but you'd have to find a used one somewhere as they are unavailable on MPL website.

edit: just reread your post @Shit Snacks and I see that you're breaking apart the air vs vapor path, which is fair. The vapor path for the Si would be all glass (barring crumbs of material falling out of a basket screen and into the silicone body).

Shit Snacks

Are you guys referring to the OG stempod? I think that maintained an all SS (coils and the base of the heater, I forget the proper terminology in box mod vape terms) and glass airpath. The Si looks to be a silicone shell with no insulating glass or SS, so as they mention in their FAQ "The StemPod Si contains the same grades of Stainless Steel around the heat path, and the Glass Stem is cushioned in a high temperature silicone taper."

If OP is able and willing to source an OG that would change all of this, but you'd have to find a used one somewhere as they are unavailable on MPL website.

edit: just reread your post @Shit Snacks and I see that you're breaking apart the air vs vapor path, which is fair. The vapor path for the Si would be all glass (barring crumbs of material falling out of a basket screen and into the silicone body).

Yes my dude, exactly, there is a distinction between vapor path and air path, big benefit of glass stem based pure convection is the all glass vapor path! Air path is less important what the material is, as long as it is kept cool and inert... I had no idea the original StemPod was no longer available, makes sense to just stick with the silicone

gordontreeman

I had no idea the original StemPod was no longer available, makes sense to just stick with the silicone
Less certain I'd agree with this bit! I know that with silicone cook/bake ware the silicone can retain odors (I've always used a paste of water and baking soda to remove anything lingering, e.g. dishes where I use lots of garlic, never know when you'll run into a vampire). I guess in this case your flower is already in the glass, though, so you'd never have the opportunity for vapor to build up an odor/impart flavor to the silicone body.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Less certain I'd agree with this bit! I know that with silicone cook/bake ware the silicone can retain odors (I've always used a paste of water and baking soda to remove anything lingering, e.g. dishes where I use lots of garlic, never know when you'll run into a vampire). I guess in this case your flower is already in the glass, though, so you'd never have the opportunity for vapor to build up an odor/impart flavor to the silicone body.

Don't get me wrong, I agree with you, but I also think silicone can be neutralized enough, in this use case in particular, that it wouldn't be noticeable really, and I think there are flaws with the metal design as it would get hot and be much more expensive to produce... That's what I meant by MPL's decision to only offer the Si makes sense :D

Top Bottom