AK treatments (Actinic Keratoses) for scalp? vs CBD cream??

MinnBobber

I keep putting off treatment for scalp AKs, pre-cancerous areas that are of concern.

- Dermatologist recommended the "field therapy" where special RX ointment(s) are applied to
kill these cells. It's basically external chemotherapy where scalp may turn crusty and red for
up to 4 weeks. Patient applies every day for xx days.

- the other option is blue light therapy ( or red light ) where you go in for out patient session.
Cream is applied and soaks in for 1-3 hours. Then a blue or red light is used to activate the cream
which kills these cells. Again, severe redness/ crusty skin etc.

??? Would CBD cream possibly do the same thing??

Anyone have experience or knowledge of these two treatment options?
Or CBD as an option for AK scalp treatment?

Thanks

MinnBobber,
Reactions: lazylathe

Monsoon

If you're already putting it off anyway, I would just get some cream and start using it now to see if it makes an improvement by your next doctor visit. Rick Simpson supposedly started his his journey by using oil to cure his skin cancer.

It may be better to try to make your own cream so you can load it up with extra CBD and even THC depending on what you have access to. I have to update my thread soon since the lotion recipe linked there is now paywalled. If you have access to CBD isolate I would use as much as you can afford in it. Maybe add some THC distillate and/or shatter/rosin to make it a little more full spectrum.

Vaporware

I’ve been looking into RSO (“Rick Simpson Oil”) lately too. I might just want to believe it’s capable of curing cancer*, but so far I am inclined to believe at least some of the many reports of cancers being halted or even disappearing after using RSO. If you have the time to wait it might be worth a try, but if you’ve got something that could rapidly become a more serious problem you have to at least consider the more standard treatments despite their side effects.

If you are interested in RSO, Rick used Indicas rather than hemp for it and I think his oil is very high in THC, but if you decide to try just CBD please let us know how it goes.

*One of my dogs was diagnosed with lymphoma recently...she’s taking CBD and chemo and it’s helping a lot for now, but unless something like RSO can keep it at bay, after the chemo it will probably come back before too long...so I’m really hoping I can get access to enough real RSO to treat her, as long as it still looks good after more research.

That’s why I really want to believe and can’t exactly be objective about it right now. :(

looney2nz

Research Geek, Mad Scientist
my main issue with RSO is the method of preparation (he's used more than one over the years)
and the danger of preparation. you are correct, it takes time to titrate up the dose.

I do not believe in lay people (non-chemists) using naptha or ether as a solvent.
Ethanol is a great medium, and is relatively easy to purge.
(of course open flames and volatile compounds are a dangerous combination,
do this on an induction plate if you try to make it yourself, with EXCELLENT ventilation!)

That said, It's probably the best choice for topical, vape and oral ingestion when you're fighting cancer.
Simpson doesn't seem to believe in CBD, doesn't like it in his preparation... I'd like to have a CBD dominant RSO, as I think it has value as well. But most of what has been done with RSO has all been THC.
I think you probably lose most of the terpenes :(

There is likely a better way that maintains all the compounds and isn't as dangerous.

Vaporware

There is likely a better way that maintains all the compounds and isn't as dangerous.

Probably, but I don’t know what it would be right now...and on the danger front, I heard he was using iso rather than the options you mentioned, but maybe he did use those before or I’ve been misinformed. There seems to be a significant portion of mythology out there along with the facts, so the facts are harder to identify.

If anyone knows of a better option, I’d like to hear about it!

Vaporware,

MinnBobber

this has drifted into a RSO thread it seems.
Back on topic, has anyone had experience with AK treatments ( scalp ointments or blue light)??

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Vaporware

C No Ego

this has drifted into a RSO thread it seems.
Back on topic, has anyone had experience with AK treatments ( scalp ointments or blue light)??
no direct experience but getting CBD to absorb could be an issue... THC will drive CBD in better... look into essential oils to used with cbd /thc like orange oil, black pepperoil ETC... creating more volatility in the medium will deliver it better via trans dermal absorption... DMSO comes to mind as well...

check out this doctors site on the front page showing scalp issues healed with full spectrum cannabis oil... Bob Melemede http://www.drbobmelamede.com/

Top Bottom