AirVape Legacy Pro

seedy53

I have always complained about this because I am on my fourth ALP...they are all being used by my family...ALL of the doors except the SE version has door problems. I am wondering if the LIFE LONG warranty applies to this? My SE is perfect...it also has better air flow. I also have asked about this...but, was told that the SE is the same as the reg. ALP. Nope. Not mine! LOL...I am using my SE strictly now. It is amazing. I carry it with me everywhere...

PS When you first get the ALP its perfect. Nice and sturdy...eventually getting wobbly and sometimes not closing correctly. So, that is NORMAL? Nope. Do not believe this. My SE is perfect...same design?
i still after a year and a half have no problem with the og door. isn't that strange? i never hold my door unsupported and i do treat my unit with loving respect. i do not know what to say but gary with airvape should be able to help and answer questions about the hinge door situation, we i think he could. lol

seedy53,
Reactions: Okla68

Dr. G

Old Resident
@Dr. G how is the new bag I recommended working out for you?
It certainly is working splendidly...my son took it! It is a very good product. I am using the Airvape one...and its on sale too...I saw yesterday it was $10 cheaper with the bundle...but, yes...I forgot to thank you. I am sorry. I have not been feeling too great lately and not on very often here...but, thank you kindly.

Dubber

Yes, I have the dosing caps + the tool in my cart.

Also tried removing the tool from the cart, coupon still isn't working.. :(
Are these even the new ones? The picture looks like the old ones … I‘m also waiting for the bundle or a code :)

Dubber,
Reactions: peep

Dubber

Since they just got back in stock, I'm assuming they are the new ones.

Just hoping they won't run out before the code (and/or bundle) works..
Ah, good to know, thanks!
I hope so too! I have no problem with the threaded ones, but I want more capsules anyway, so I‘m waiting patiently for the new ones 😁

seedy53

I hope so too! I have no problem with the threaded ones, but I want more of them, so I‘m waiting patiently 😁
i have 6 pk only one ever used all threads work but it's not for me. might sell them

seedy53,

stocky

I hope so too! I have no problem with the threaded ones, but I want more capsules anyway, so I‘m waiting patiently for the new ones 😁
I javnt tried the dosing caps yet mine arrive today but is there any difference in performance using them over the screen trick? Does it really cut down on all the mess and goo as well?

floribud

Btw I just ordered the Airbubbles with the 50% off code. I was offered $10 off or 33% off at checkout for the loading tool and also for the smell-proof bag. So the loading tool/bubble "build your own" bundle comes out to $35 for FC members vs. $50 for the general public bundle.

Finessseee

I javnt tried the dosing caps yet mine arrive today but is there any difference in performance using them over the screen trick? Does it really cut down on all the mess and goo as well?
This is my question as well. I’ve held off purchasing the Legacy Pro due to maintenance / cleaning issues.. people say get the V2 dosing caps to avoid this, but I don’t want it to inhibit performance. Wondering if the stainless screen hack is better, worse, or the same as using the dosing caps in terms of performance and keeping the device clean?

Finessseee,
Reactions: seedy53

JustAnotherCritic

This is my question as well. I’ve held off purchasing the Legacy Pro due to maintenance / cleaning issues.. people say get the V2 dosing caps to avoid this, but I don’t want it to inhibit performance. Wondering if the stainless screen hack is better, worse, or the same as using the dosing caps in terms of performance and keeping the device clean?

I don't find the capsules impact performance at all other than reducing the amount you can load into the vape. And they cut down on cleaning by a lot.

I actually find that since using the capsules I don't need to physically clean the corner bends. If I notice it getting clogged all I have to do it warm it up by emptying the bowl and getting it to temp, open the door so I get less resistance, and draw hard. It pulls the warm oil out of that corner bend into the glass tube, where you can scrape it up and put it in your next capsules mixed with the weed.

When I was using a screen instead of the capsules I couldn't do that as little particles would gum it up and prevent it from flowing as easily, so I really prefer the capsules. I'm excited to get my V2 capsules.

Dr. G

Old Resident
Get well soon!
That is very kind of you...thank you very much. I hope all of you are enjoying your ALP as much as I do...it is a life saver for me. I carry it everywhere...and if you are on the go the battery packs they sell are awesome. You just lay the unit right on top like a phone...and it charges the unit. I usually just change the battery...but, if I just need a quick charge...the battery pack is a must...anyway Adobewan...thank you. You are very kind.

stocky

Got my caps in and been enjoying them. Performance is the same and has been easy to switch out. Very happy. Now I just need something for this WPA. I didn't know the new silicon WPA doesn't completely go down over the stem :/

floribud

I've had 2 Legacys and 2 Legacy Pros. Both Legacys died and also the magnets on the doors fell off. But I can say Airvape followed through on their warranty and took care of me.

I got my first ALP with the first shipment (May 2022), and I've used it damn near every day since I got it. I haven't had one problem. The resin buildup hasn't been a problem, just keep some 99.9% ISO, a wire brush, a spray bottle for the ISO, and some qtips. I spend about 10 minutes "deep" cleaning mine, maybe about once a month.

As for keeping the bowl clean, just empty it while its hot, and if you forgot, heat it up, shake it out and give it once over with a q-tip. Pretty much all vapes get dirty, it's just the cost of working with ground flower. Having said that, I'm sure that dosing caps will work fine to keep it clean, but you'll still need ISO and maybe some qtips if you want to clean out your dosing caps once in a while....

seedy53

My friend Lee, tabletop bongs, bought and received and now uses the Chamber Brick Builder for his Alp SE. It makes a weed puck that fits the ALP perfectly and he says it like a dose cap without the metal.
anyway i just ordered one from Etsy.com.
i know, it says, it fits the mighty too.
so i'm not worried.
i think this may be better than caps, he swears by it.
no more mess

Brick Builder Chamber Packer - Storz and Bickel Mighty, Crafty,​

$15.42 no frieght , just tax in your state added.
sept 8th delivery, estimate

StringTheorista

I understand the more surface area science, but it's all in a heat chamber, it's all going to get heated regardless of how fine or not. What I am experiencing is just a huge flavor boost when it's not really ground, however. The high is just as strong, and the bowls last just as long. I guess if it's just me, then I'm another vape nutter lost down some weird rabbit hole again.
I think you've right, and it has to do with how many trichomes get knocked off when you grind. Whoever suggested the flower mill to you was right, IMO. I've been using one for a couple years and it doesn't shred the flower like a regular grinder, and kief doesn't really collect in it like a grinder. It seems to leave the trichomes mostly still attached to the milled flower. You might be very happy with a mill. The mini has a fairly coarse grind, just a hair finer than the coarse plate on the premium mill. (Mini on the left, coarse plate for premium on the right). I liked my premium so much I got a mini to dedicate to CBD flower, and retired my Santa Cruz Shredder.
IMG-8301.jpg

Last edited:

floribud

My friend Lee, tabletop bongs, bought and received and now uses the Chamber Brick Builder for his Alp SE. It makes a weed puck that fits the ALP perfectly and he says it like a dose cap without the metal.
anyway i just ordered one from Etsy.com.
i know, it says, it fits the mighty too.
so i'm not worried.
i think this may be better than caps, he swears by it.
no more mess

Brick Builder Chamber Packer - Storz and Bickel Mighty, Crafty,​

$15.42 no frieght , just tax in your state added.
sept 8th delivery, estimate
So the S&B Brick Builder bricks fit the Legacy Pro? Also you'll use a lot more weed that way, but if you have a surplus, then why not give it a shot.

floribud,
Reactions: seedy53

Sue Narmy

I think you've right, and it has to do with how many trichomes get knocked off when you grind. Whoever suggested the flower mill to you was right, IMO. I've been using one for a couple years and it doesn't shred the flower like a regular grinder, and kief doesn't really collect in it like a grinder. It seems to leave the trichomes mostly still attached to the milled flower. You might be very happy with a mill. The mini has a fairly coarse grind, just a hair finer than the coarse plate on the premium mill. (Mini on the left, coarse plate for premium on the right). I liked my premium so much I got a mini to dedicate to CBD flower, and retired my Santa Cruz Shredder.
IMG-8301.jpg
I do the same thing. Premium mill with the coarse plate and the smaller one for CBD 🙂

seedy53

So the S&B Brick Builder bricks fit the Legacy Pro? Also you'll use a lot more weed that way, but if you have a surplus, then why not give it a shot.
get tired of loading sometimes i want a big bowl and have multi session.
but i hope i can use it to make 1/2 size small amt bowls with it too

seedy53,
Reactions: Dr. G

Crescendo

Ok so I've used the original caps since release and received the V2 caps yesterday.

Improvements for V2.

1. Bigger bowl, I'd say 15 to 25 % bigger.
2. Bigger holes = better air flow
3. Snap on

Also received the new silicone bong adaptor. Bought a nice US Tube bong and man oh man does that thing hit like a dream. I was able to move so much vapor I almost had a panic attack thinking I inhaled too much. Hitting this with a bong takes it to another level for sure.

Top Bottom