AirVape Legacy Pro

RxPlorer

There's lots of animosity

cary elwes GIF

Okla68

I guess I haven't read where anyone that is currently using the DC's Dosent want them Improved. I use all of mine, but, it is a tedious process. If they can be Improved, I'm All for it...Hopefully at No Replacement Cost or at least a Large Discount to the FC Test users. And YES, I feel we were unknowingly(to us) used as such...on Purpose..?, seems to have turned out that way(IMO, for what thats worth). Ill continue to use them as is(as someone else said "we'll see in 6 months").

Sue Narmy

@kapows It takes over 2 hours to make up 4 sets of capsules because the threading is absolutely terrible.
The capsules are well made and easy to fill but when it comes to screwing the caps on it does my head in because the threading misaligns all the time.

I know some people don’t agree with me but in my opinion the capsules work really well.
I’m getting plenty of vapour and the AVB has an even toasting so I’m happy with that.

I have Fibromyalgia and I also have arthritis in most of my joints so spending hours fiddling with the threading makes my hands hurt a lot more.
I also have anxiety and because it takes me so long to screw the bloody caps on, I’m dreading re filling them.

I absolutely love love, love the vaporizer and the capsules perform really well (In my opinion) but the threading is a big let down.

I know others have said they would rather have the capsules made out of mesh and no screw threading but I like the design of the capsules as they are solid.
For me, the threading needs to be sorted out then I would be over the moon.

Aryeah

Vape Man
I don't have any dexterity issues I know of, but the capsules are hard to deal with if you do not use the stir stick or something else to unscrew the cap. I have been using the can opener mini screwdriver on a swiss army knife. it works pretty well. I have used the Angus caps and the way those were built, the screw off top is ridged so you can get a better grip on the tops.

Maybe the next version of the caps could be ridged as well to get a better grip for opening.

Sprocket

Have a bit of a problem here.

I normally do a finer grind and can get 3-5 pretty good hits good off one dc, each with pretty good vapor production, running the oven between 370f - 434f. Today however I decided to change things up a bit and filled up my capsules with a course grind. But alas, no matter what I try, I can only get one hit off it. A solid one, but only one.

At this point I've gone through 4 dc's trying various temps and whatnot but no matter what I do I can only ever get one hit. And worst of all I'm way less high than normal 😞

Sprocket,

stinkbud

I have figured out a way to load the caps that works for me. I have them all open and I grind all my bud finely in advance. It helps if you have a tall enough pile of ground up bud. I use a vapcap stash case I got on Etsy to store my ground bud and it works great for this. Basically just smush the open empty caps into the ground bud. One or two smushes fills the cap. I fill them all and then I use the poking tool inside the ALP as a screwdriver in the slot on the cap lid to close it more easily. I can fill them all in five to ten minutes.

seedy53

I have figured out a way to load the caps that works for me. I have them all open and I grind all my bud finely in advance. It helps if you have a tall enough pile of ground up bud. I use a vapcap stash case I got on Etsy to store my ground bud and it works great for this. Basically just smush the open empty caps into the ground bud. One or two smushes fills the cap. I fill them all and then I use the poking tool inside the ALP as a screwdriver in the slot on the cap lid to close it more easily. I can fill them all in five to ten minutes.
fine grind?, no, too restrictive 4 me.
so you fill by smushing weed into cap and then drop loaded bottom cap into the oven, then screw the caps on tops by alp tool without anything holding the bottom of caps? would love to see that process start to finish on a video, plse.

seedy53,

stinkbud

fine grind?, no, too restrictive 4 me.
so you fill by smushing weed into cap and then drop loaded bottom cap into the oven, then screw the caps on tops by alp tool without anything holding the bottom of caps? would love to see that process start to finish on a video, plse.
No, I have to hold the bottom while screwing the cap in. Then I save the filled, closed cap for later in the case that the caps arrived in.

If you ever smoked weed with a one-hitter/dugout combo it's kinda the same way to load it.

stinkbud,
Reactions: seedy53

greenpager

I am sorry I confused you with someone else who gave a positive review but said it takes them 20mins to load one set
The post is still there though
That post was mine, typed with dexterity that belies my age lol. I still don't quite get what takes so very long, though the suggestion that I multiply 20min by # of sets strikes me as sensible. Regardless, my curiosity is not borne of animosity - I mean no snark.

I have followed your suggestions. The key is this: I have no opinion - positive or negative - on crosshatch mesh and/or shorter threads (sure, I guess, why not). It doesn't follow, however, that I should refrain from recounting my own positive experience with the air bubbles thus far.

After the wait, I am happy, grateful and largely satisfied with the product. You see much room for improvement. Yay, you. I would suggest that reasonable minds (and whatever fingers might be attached) may differ on this point. I do not express my happiness to devalue, belittle or minimize your disappointment. Neither should anyone expect that comments expressing disappointment, including suggested improvements, somehow negate my experience. Some here might harbor animosity, but don't look at me. Additional experiences, good and bad, can only enrich the field of information available to the same company that responded to a need for capsules that was so obvious from the many different types of feedback.

I like the (non-defective) capsules. Why should any other user be offended by this statement? I don't deny the experiences reported by other users here. Why on earth would I personalize such a thing? I shouldn't ... unless/until anyone claims to speak for me or otherwise "shush" me. I don't shush well. I'ma do me.

Do you. The merits of your suggestions neither stand nor fall on my agreement/approval/
conformity of experience. I'm good with that and so should you be. Carp on. YMMV #allgood

P.S. The earlier post describes my loading methods, wherein I set uncovered capsules in paper tray and fill with folded business card (or Roffu funnel) before replacing lids just well enough to remove capsules from tray. Ngl, these take longer to fill than my capsules from HR or Xmax. Just doesn't bother me as much some others. Best tip so far is the reminder that lid need not be reattached tightly for capsule to do its thing. Thanks, @Backpack !

Last edited:

seedy53

i would not concern myself as to what people say about your or my comments.
truly, in the scheme of things, it does not even rate.
say what you will and damn the consequences.
being civil is good but we all have our moments. lol

Sprocket

Have a bit of a problem here.

I normally do a finer grind and can get 3-5 pretty good hits good off one dc, each with pretty good vapor production, running the oven between 370f - 434f. Today however I decided to change things up a bit and filled up my capsules with a course grind. But alas, no matter what I try, I can only get one hit off it. A solid one, but only one.

At this point I've gone through 4 dc's trying various temps and whatnot but no matter what I do I can only ever get one hit. And worst of all I'm way less high than normal 😞
I just haden't realized how much it had gunked up. Cleaned it and it's working as expected again.

Palm meet face.

Okla68

i would not concern myself as to what people say about your or my comments.
truly, in the scheme of things, it does not even rate.
say what you will and damn the consequences.
being civil is good but we all have our moments. lol
If and when WOKEISM takes over this place is when Im History.
Harp On...everyone's experience is different and Valued !
Are they Tedious to use, YES, am I going to Continue to use them, YES. If they make Improvements, Ill want to try those also...
FYI, It takes me about 5 minutes to open, reload and close a DC. The Lack of Cleanup vastly outweighs the preparation time !!!

RxPlorer

Cleaned and reloaded one set -
10 minutes, some futzing with a sticky thread. Got to admit there were some tense moments, but I like the challenge of detail work :)

Performance wise, I'm officially Happy, and ready to shelve my Fog Pro as an emergency backup! My temp range is 350-420 and I find that with the air bubbles, that range actually seems true instead of running at least 20f too hot. So that problem sort of solved itself. I'm getting 6+ good hits (often more like 10) when temp stepping 350, 380, 410 or 420 but some notes about how I optimized:

Device:

- no microdose disc
- no airpath screens
- no mouthpiece, most of the time
- dimpled cooling path from vgoodiez

Capsule:

- I mix kief or hash with flower, always. This is key to my satisfaction with the volume and performance. After all, the plant material is by design a perfect medium for even trichome distribution, convective turbulence, and oil absorption/sublimation. I want to microdose by taking a draw at a time. I want to come back to a single cap repeatedly before swapping. All needs are met by premixing fresh flower with kief or loose hash.

- medium/fine grind (fine plate in the Flower Mill), Slightly packed. Leaves enough airflow for convection, with enough density for some conduction and trapping those kief granules.

- top the load with a stainless screen, directly under the capsule lid. Keeps the airpath and ALP lid as clean as possible, keeps the kief where it should be, in the capsule.

Usage:

- Session mode. Even though I use it as on demand. Don't bother holding that button down; and give a little time for heat to saturate between draws

- Slow/medium draw speed. No more than 10 seconds in length, rebreathe or end with MTL. Why? Absorption. Don't draw a ton just to blow it all out, let the medicine work. Learned this with the vapman - visible vapor is sort of meaningless, effects matter. Don't get bent over this, I still get heavy clouds when trying.

- Turn off the device (3 clicks) about 6 seconds before the end of my last draw of the session. Allows for excess heat to vent off to cool down the load, or the capsule if it's ready for a swap.

At this point I'm fine if we don't see any improvements to the air bubbles, I thank AirVape for making a product that works so dang well for me. But I'll be first in line for a better thread or increased capacity.

Cheers

Last edited:

Archive

I think the capsules shouldn't have threads at all.

The threading is annoying. A loose fit lid would be better. I initially thought I might be able to flip the lid to do that (it looks like it can be reversed without threads but it isn't bored out enough to do it).

They work nicely and I've been keeping a set loaded, but one of mine is already cross threaded and screwed up. They're just so finicky. Sticky stuff plus tiny precise threads :).

On the plus side. That means I have a spare lid. When I don't feel like fiddling with the capsules I've been tossing that lid on top of a fully loaded oven without the capsule. The lid works like a mighty screen, and it keeps the whole device cleaner.

I suspect long term the capsules I bought will be useless, but I'll probably be using a capsule lid forever because it works great :).

Orvaxxx

Will we be getting the dosing capsules in the EU store anytime or are they still at customs?
Haven’t used mine in awhile since I got it for on the go and it is not easy too load.

Pukka

for the wireless charger, since I am an apple guy, I have been using the MagSafe charger I use to charge my phone. works fine.
I'm using a TOZO NO: 1 and the matching USB-C brick and matching 50w rated (") cable from Amazon. 30 odd usd. Also works well with my LG phone.

Pukka,

TheK

Hello! Any Canadians know where I can buy the WPA for the Pro? I badly need one, I cannot justify the $25 shipping just for it. :(

TheK,
If and when WOKEISM takes over this place is when Im History.
Harp On...everyone's experience is different and Valued !
Are they Tedious to use, YES, am I going to Continue to use them, YES. If they make Improvements, Ill want to try those also...
FYI, It takes me about 5 minutes to open, reload and close a DC. The Lack of Cleanup vastly outweighs the preparation time !!!
Inserting your take on "wokeism" out of nowhere on a sub about vaping. I'm hear to learn about a vape. If I wanted to read a cranky old guys rant about the state of world I'd be on Facebook.

Top Bottom