AIR MAX With 18650 batt??

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Can someone tell me if I can use 18650 batteries in the arizer air max? It uses 26650 Batts...
Captura-de-ecr-2022-11-25-141858.jpg

With these adapters wicht are supposed to be used in flashlights...
As I have many VTC6 and Molicel p26, I wonder if they work on airmax? Of course they will last less than the original battery, but I always have these batteries charged with me, so...
I think it will work, but I wanted your opinion.

@Shit Snacks ;)
@RustyOldNail ;)

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
I’ve never seen an adapter for 26650, I have a bunch of 18650 to 21700 plastic adapters that are sometimes included with 21700 mods.
But as only the width is in question, seems as long as it fits, should work fine.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
I’ve never seen an adapter for 26650, I have a bunch of 18650 to 21700 plastic adapters that are sometimes included with 21700 mods.
But as only the width is in question, seems as long as it fits, should work fine.
What worries me are the battery capacities, but if they serve the powerful TM I think they also serve the air max

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
What worries me are the battery capacities, but if they serve the powerful TM I think they also serve the air max

I’ve never liked the huge size of 26650 batteries, I looked at that device, and might have bought it, if they used 21700.
While the 26650’s have more mAh’s, they were never very popular, and hard to find ones made by the known major manufacturers. Hence, I’ve seen reports, that many of those types of batteries were overrated in both amps and mAh capacity. Seems easy enough to test, as you already have the 18650’s, and the adapter I assume is cheap, or you made your own. I would think a Molicel P28a, will give you plenty of amps, but you could also compare to any of your higher capacity 18650’s, like a VTC6, and see what works best in that particular device.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Yeah I have no clue, and I'm not even sure I was aware the Air Max did not take 18650s or at the very least 21700s! Please let us know if it works out if you try it... I don't think I could justify spending the money on the AM yet though it of course is appealing being supposedly the best yet Arizer portable, I'm not sure I would even enjoy one of those now even if it is this one the top of the line... If I did get one like this, I would probably just use the battery it came with recharging, instead of swapping other batteries, since I don't expect I would be using it that heavily per se? But if it can work with 18650 and an adapter that'd be great!

Shit Snacks,

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Yeah I have no clue, and I'm not even sure I was aware the Air Max did not take 18650s or at the very least 21700s! Please let us know if it works out if you try it... I don't think I could justify spending the money on the AM yet though it of course is appealing being supposedly the best yet Arizer portable, I'm not sure I would even enjoy one of those now even if it is this one the top of the line... If I did get one like this, I would probably just use the battery it came with recharging, instead of swapping other batteries, since I don't expect I would be using it that heavily per se? But if it can work with 18650 and an adapter that'd be great!
Yes, you're right, it probably won't be used very intensively and the original battery should be more than enough. In any case, as it is a type of battery that is not very widespread, it is good to have an alternative to using the 18650.
And then I read or saw somewhere that you can't charge the Air Max with usb c to usb c cables... only with usb-a to usb-c.:ugh:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
And then I read or saw somewhere that you can't charge the Air Max with usb c to usb c cables... only with usb-a to usb-c

I hate that unnecessary limitations, like the whole point of having USB-C is for the full compatibility and quick charging, if it doesn't have that, why the hell do it at all lol

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: dzoinp
Top Bottom