After using a vaporizer for 3 months, I now I have a weird click in my throat when I swallow

Status
Not open for further replies.

pressure

I bought my mighty vaporizer in jan and now in march i have a weird click in my throat when I swallow. My throat now burns when I take a hit.

Im kind of getting scared and put in down. anyone else have throat problems from vaporizer?

I think its because I have been taking huge draws, and there is no resistance.

I am 37 years old and I have been smoking weed since I was 14

pressure,

MinnBobber

My throat now burns when I take a hit.
Have you considered using a cheap bubbler as it can add some moisture to that dry dry vapor, which really helps a lot?

MinnBobber,

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
I bought my mighty vaporizer in jan and now in march i have a weird click in my throat when I swallow. My throat now burns when I take a hit.

Im kind of getting scared and put in down. anyone else have throat problems from vaporizer?

Curious what vape it is and how you are running it.

Sand,

howie105

If you went to a doctor with that complaint one of the first things they would do is look down your throat sadly we can't do even that here online. In your position I would park the vape make an physicians appointment talk to them about your vape use and let them earn their living.

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I've heard folks that were new to vaporizing getting a burned and dry throat. Not very many folks on FC but a few. I'm not a medical professional but you probably need to take a couple of days break from cannabis vaporizing. It should be easier on your throat than smoking cannabis. You probably used too high of heat.

When you get back to vaporizing I suggest using warm water in a water tool and turn down your temp. Drink plenty of water while you are vaporizing plus cannabis dries out your mouth and throat anyway. That's one of the side effects of our fav flower as you probably know.

If it doesn't go away you need to go into your doc.

Edit
There is a thread where this subject was discussed. Do a search.

Last edited:

pressure

If you went to a doctor with that complaint one of the first things they would do is look down your throat sadly we can't do even that here online. In your position I would park the vape make an physicians appointment talk to them about your vape use and let them earn their living.

thats true, but I didnt come here for medical advice.

I came here to ask if anyone else has had these issues with a vape and their throat

pressure,

MinnBobber

its the mighty vape...

I dont understand how this will work? Is it some kind of add on?
regarding Mighty and a water bubbler. You can get a silicone adapter like this which lets you mate it with a glass water piece. Tiny hydratube shown below but glass bubbler another option.
See Cheap Chinese Glass thread for info on bubblers---many $25-$30 pieces.
IMG_7251__33944.1447896247.100.100.JPG

IMG_7272__45404.1447896248.1280.1280.JPG

MinnBobber,
Reactions: Sand

howie105

thats true, but I didnt come here for medical advice.

I came here to ask if anyone else has had these issues with a vape and their throat

Dude I am worried about your health, I have seen other posts where you had concerns with vapes and edibles and now you are suffering from health related problems so yes I am suggesting professional care because things just seem to be getting worse for you.

Sand

Flirting with Combustion

So I can say, anecdotally, and not as medical advice: Since I switched to vaping from combustion I do feel more throat stuff. My lungs feel much better, less tight and more smooth breathing. I had an OG Pax a few years ago and also remember it wasn't the best on my throat. I just ascribed this to the vapor being hotter than the bong smoke I was uesd to inhaling, even if less damaging overall. That's just wild speculation however.
The "clicking" you describe though, I remember something only vaguely similar, and not in myself I know this may not seem relevant, and it may not be! But: I had a friend who had a bad acid trip and felt similar "throat constriction" in his words. It felt like there was a lump in his throat when he swallowed. This persisted for a few months afterward until he fixed it "in a trip" (acid again), and it never came back again. Of course, he may have had spontaneous physical resolution when he "fixed" it (mind you this is a guy I consider to probably have a higher IQ than myself, I don't mean to talk down), but it seemed to me it was probably psychological. I don't have insurance myself at the moment, so I understand if you can't get it checked out. But really, without knowing if there is real irriation/inflammation, what can you expect?
I wish you the best man. Please let us know how this turns out.

Sand,

HomeFree

I doubt vaping has a higher temperature than something which is burning. If it did, your material would be on fire, right? But maybe the bubbler cooled it off some? I had never thought of that before, just assumed smoke is hotter than vapor. Of course smoke has vapor in it too, but I don't understand how smoke could be cooler than vapor.

OP should see a physician, and an ENT doc as well if the regular physician sees something out of place. maybe it is something just related to not making as much spittle when under the influence or it might be placebo. or something that is always there but cannabis makes me much more aware of stuff, more in tune with my bodywhich can turn into paranoia.

HomeFree,
Reactions: howie105

pressure

I was thinking there plastics get heated up and im inhaling chemicals.

Somewhere along the lines cancer causing causing chemicals are burning and we inhale them

And not from the weed

I am starting to think these vaporizer are more harm then good.many use Chinese parts with dangerous Chinese chemical that cause cancer

pressure,

Sand

Flirting with Combustion
I was thinking there plastics get heated up and im inhaling chemicals.

Somewhere along the lines cancer causing causing chemicals are burning and we inhale them

I am starting to think these vaporizer are more harm then good
There are vaporizers that don't use plastics (nano comes to mind, but there are very many). I don't have any S&B vapes, but from what I understand they are perceived to take material safety very seriously.

I doubt vaping has a higher temperature than something which is burning. If it did, your material would be on fire, right? But maybe the bubbler cooled it off some? I had never thought of that before, just assumed smoke is hotter than vapor. Of course smoke has vapor in it too, but I don't understand how smoke could be cooler than vapor.

OP should see a physician, and an ENT doc as well if the regular physician sees something out of place. maybe it is something just related to not making as much spittle when under the influence or it might be placebo. or something that is always there but cannabis makes me much more aware of stuff, more in tune with my bodywhich can turn into paranoia.
I perceived dry hits with a short stem from a vape, as being warmer than (very small .02ish) snaps out of a bong. I could have been wrong, and it was just a misperception because of the nature of a bong vs inhaling dry hits close to a heat source, but it felt hotter on the throat.

Sand,
Reactions: howie105

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
It really sounds like too much enthusiasm for vaporizing. Too high of heat and too deep of a draw. Maybe too dry of the cannabis? It's hard for us to say because we weren't in the same room with you.

@pressure i have also read here on FC some of the vaporizing problems that you have had here on FC over the last few months. Everything in moderation IMO.

Good luck and stress free vaporizing I hope comes your way. Good luck also with any health issues.

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
Since you are using a quality vape maybe its your material.
When vaping certain things bother my throat not in medical state so who the fuck nows what I'm vaping. Lol
But I can tell different batches wether it be fertilizer or pesticide it wasnt my vape.
Good Luck. Quick easy fix, quit swallowing. JK

HomeFree

I wouldn't worry about the mighty too much as long as you are sure it is the genuine article. Have you tried vaping at a lower temp? The mighty has a good bit of horsepower. Some vapes probably do have poor materials but a genuine mighty is likely pretty damn safe. Do you think you might be coming down with a cold? Have you tried much different tasting strains with way different balances of the terpenes? Also, smaller loads. Find a way to reduce the size of the load.

You may well be right, maybe irritation due to how powerful it is. I believe more terpenes are in vapor too per gram of material. That might make it seem hotter? I have gotten some pretty giant pulls before which felt like I got kicked in the chest by a mule because it felt so expansive. Also cannabis is an expectorant. That doesn't necessarily mean you are getting poisoned. I'm sure the cooling chamber can take probably double what runs through it as far as temperature, maybe even more.

I still think it would be a good idea to see a doctor and get checked out, at least if you take my advice and give it a while, or just go. Even if it is something silly at least you will not be worried about it any longer. I have gotten a click inhaling or exhaling or both when I used to smoke cigarettes. I can't remember what it was but it had something to do with irritation due to coughing and still smoking. maybe it was just mucus in an inflamed throat making the clicking. Oh, u know what, cottonmouth made it worse now that I think about it. It wasn't anything to worry about for me, but yours may be different. I would do those 3 things though, lower temp, less material, different strain, and someone mentioned using water, that might help to.

I doubt it is something to do with the cooling chamber or whatever it is you are worried about. You can go all glass in the vapor path of many vapes. Put your mighty up in the trade area and I am sure someone will snap it up! :) Too rich for my tastes. I prefer glass too.

Edit: just looked at your posts and you should see a primary doc to get checked out and explain what you are experiencing (everything, your throat, anxieties and other stuff). They may be able to refer you to someone who can help you. Maybe cannabis is not for you.

Last edited:
HomeFree,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom