Advice on smoking equipment

Tomfool86

I've had pretty bad luck with gear since I started using concentrates a few months back. What are some good quality portable options that I don't have to keep buying atomizers for?

Tomfool86,

Tranquility

For concentrates, the general recommendation for portables I've seen tend towards a mod and a Hercules, Saionara or Divine Tribes vape. All, after some use, will require some more investment. The Sai has you switch the coil between some choices and the DT has the ceramic doughnut as the main replaceable part. (I am uncertain of what parts usually are replaced on the Herc.)

Tranquility,

waxdab23

There are actually no parts or coils to replace on the W9 Hercules.

All parts can be disassembled and cleaned back to new.

Only time you need to replace a part is if you lose one. I've lost my retaining nut down the sink once before.

waxdab23,

Tomfool86

There are actually no parts or coils to replace on the W9 Hercules.

All parts can be disassembled and cleaned back to new.

Only time you need to replace a part is if you lose one. I've lost my retaining nut down the sink once before.

I was actually planning on getting one. I loved my okeanos bubbler when it worked but I had such a horrible time with 3 straight atomizers in a row I was kinda turned off of w8 tech. Thanks for the reply tho! Anything else you can think of?

Tomfool86,

waxdab23

I was actually planning on getting one. I loved my okeanos bubbler when it worked but I had such a horrible time with 3 straight atomizers in a row I was kinda turned off of w8 tech. Thanks for the reply tho! Anything else you can think of?

Nothing that doesn't need replacements but I like all of the wax devices in my signature. I use all of them.

I'm still learning about e-nails and plan to purchase a Liger setup for home use but I don't have experience yet.

waxdab23,
Reactions: OldOyler

Baron23

Lots of stuff out there...all different. Sticking to the idea (right or wrong) that you are looking for a portable and NOT get into the whole enail/dab rig arena then I would offer up the following, at least at a start:

1. Linx Hynos Zero - great pen. NOT a big ripper except it does pretty good on the highest of four temps, but a beautiful and beautifully made sipper. It does have a ceramic donut atomizer and ALL atomizers will have to be replaced eventually if used very much.

https://linxvapor.com/products/hypnos-zero

2. Mentioned above was Divine Tribes. I like Matt and Divine Tribes but I am going to offer something here to you from another retailer that is the same thing but for some reason he's selling them VERY cheaply. That is New Vape (in Boyton Beach, FL...really good guys) and their Velvet Hammer. The VH is just an Eleaf 30W TC box mod with the same Chinese made ceramic atomizer with donut heaters. Atmos sells the same thing as the Kiln and are asking $450 for just the atomizer. From New Vape, $30 for both the box mod and the atty. Also, additional atomizers are selling for $10 each, so why bother to get a RDA type? Just not worth the effort in my book but many like to tinker more that I.

Hope this is helpful. There is then the entire world of herb vapes that do concentrates pretty well like the EVO but this is a very broad subject and if you are interested in that route, come back and I'm sure we will offer up some more names but IMO only, herb vapes used for concentrates make some level of compromise and I personally don't really mix them up much (ah...except for the odd herb/wax sandwich type of load).

Good luck.

Baron23,

Tomfool86

Baron23......Nice thanks. I think I'll order one of the eleaf mods and velvet hammers.
Waxdab23.....one of them in your signature is the alpha centuri. Any idea on why I can't seem to get one of those attys to work long enough to use a gram? I love the flavor and hit size of my okeanos but I can't seem to keep an atomizer going.

Tomfool86,

Baron23

I love the flavor and hit size of my okeanos but I can't seem to keep an atomizer going.

How much power are you driving through these atomizers?

With your Velvet Hammer (same atty as DT 2.5 AFAIK), you may want to use the temp control mode on your Eleaf or keep your power level down to about 12-13 watts max.

Baron23,

waxdab23

Baron23......Nice thanks. I think I'll order one of the eleaf mods and velvet hammers.
Waxdab23.....one of them in your signature is the alpha centuri. Any idea on why I can't seem to get one of those attys to work long enough to use a gram? I love the flavor and hit size of my okeanos but I can't seem to keep an atomizer going.

Could you describe how you used the coils? Device, Settings, Load Material and Amount, Pulsing Technique, Cleaning, etc.

My AC coils last a pretty long time. They work in Temperature Control which I believe adds to their life. But even without TC, with proper usage, they last for dozens of grams.

waxdab23,

Tomfool86

Well I'm pretty sure what the issue was. I un did one to see what was going on and the leads were ripped out of the end and twirled as if you were trying to connect the 2!?!? I wish I had taken a pic but I had goo all over my hands and didnt. That attys never worked. I pulled the bottom pin out a little bit on one that I knew had worked before and the 1st lead you see is secure where it's supposed to be. So idk. I'm using them on a cuboid mini 80w. I never get near that. Usually 8-12 watts. Or set it to tc and 10-12 watts, 400-500 degrees depending on material consistentcy.

Tomfool86,

Tomfool86

I think I'll take the other one apart and see if I can repaire it. I couldn't in the other one bc the twirling ate up all the slack in the lead leaving it short. After these 3 bad ones I'm really not in the mood to buy any more with out at least trying to fix them. Seems like all we can get in maine is poor quality vape gear if any at all. Oh well, maybe with legalization that will improve.

Tomfool86,

waxdab23

I wonder if the leads were all twisted dude to possibly over-tightening? I've never experienced that.

waxdab23,

Tomfool86

I have no idea. These were the first time I'd ever bought any coils except for my cannastick dab mod. W9 is highly recommended by everyone I asked. I don't know what could have happened. When I called the smoke shop they told me I ruined them with the bubbler leaking on them.....

Tomfool86,
Top Bottom