advice for trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello:

I saw a similar thread from a while ago but the OP never followed up.

I have to travel soon and want to take a portable with me for goodies there.

I want something easy to clean with good delivery. Clouds are nice but not a huge deal if the medication works.

Have owned the Pax and the Inhalater XP. The Pax is awesome but not smart to travel with, cleaning it is horrible in my opinion. The Inhalater XP is really nice with the capsules but I have had a few break on me for no reason so at the moment I cannot trust it for my trip.

I have considered the

- Thermovape Cera

Pros: This one seems really nice though basic. Looks like it produces nice clouds (I keep mentioning my non-priority!) and also looks like it is a breeze to clean. For me an added benefit is that where I'm going they have oils so I could also get that capsule.

Cons: gets too hot? not good for sharing with my buddy? hard to use? Charging/batteries suck?

- Davinci Ascent

Pros: glass-on-glass, consistent temperature readout, stem looks easy to clean, seems like it produces nice clouds and medicates well.

Cons: not entirely sure how easy it is to clean the bowl.

Anyways, I think the OP ended up getting Thermovape's first effort but never reported back.

Do you guys have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

el_floripondio,

Ray Ray

I had a similar post...but I did follow up ;)

So what exactly are you seeking advice for? It seems as if you're looking for the perfect vape to take with you? Are you traveling to a place where it's legal?

If you're going to be medicating in public, I'd take the most stealthiest, for obvious reasons.

I had a similar post...but I did follow up ;)

So what exactly are you seeking advice for? It seems as if you're looking for the perfect vape to take with you? Are you traveling to a place where it's legal?

If you're going to be medicating in public, I'd take the most stealthiest, for obvious reasons.

Thanks, and you're right, unless I specify a little further then my quest is no different than anybody looking for the perfect vape!

I am traveling to a place where it is legal. I would like to be able to clean it and bring it back. I guess being able to clean it is a huge priority for me and I'll admit that it is a priority as much for traveling as for regular day to day use. That really makes me lean towards the Cera.

What did you pick?

el_floripondio,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Have you considered a Solo? Much cheaper and a solid, proven portable. It's easy to clean, too. Provides very good vapor and is very popular around these parts.

:peace:

Have you considered a Solo? Much cheaper and a solid, proven portable. It's easy to clean, too. Provides very good vapor and is very popular around these parts.

:peace:

Thanks yeah I will take a look at it. I do take points off for stealth fail but taste looks good.

el_floripondio,

1GreatToke

Yeah i've never used a solo but i have held one and played around with it, honestly i was both impressed and disappointing at the same time, the readout and setting seems like it would be a bit of a pain, the build quality is good and it feels solid but the stem drove me crazy without even using it, a wiggly stem is such a turn off. (if you know what i mean :cool:)

1GreatToke,

exit

Thanks yeah I will take a look at it. I do take points off for stealth fail but taste looks good.

Believe it or not I think my Solo is stealthier than my Inh XP or NO2 was.

The reason is the glass stem which seems like it makes a lot more of a problem is actually a godsend in this area. Not only does it make great flavor (because glass) but all you need to do is empty the stem, wrap it up so it doesn't smell, and you're set. I have a bowl bag from my combusting days that traps the smell in but I've also used a tshirt many a times with great results (no smell)

All the other units have the battery and weed stored in the same one device so when you're done with your session your unit still smells.

I know this because I have emptied my vapes right before entering where I'm supposed to be. The Solo is the only one I have a 100% success rate being able to empty and pack up my stuff and not be detected by smell. I'm talking like being in one room, emptying and wrapping up the stem, even carrying the Solo in my hand into the next room. Or wrapped up my stem as people were getting into my car and they had no idea, with the Solo out in the open, rubber cap off, see what im getting at? THat's real stealth

When you compare it to any vape where the used weed stays in the unit I don't see how any of them can be stealthier. Even if you empty it out it still reeks a little bit and anyone who knows the smell will know. Again this has never happened once with my solo.

I started rambling and talking a lot more than I intended but my point is the Solo is actually probably the stealthiest device I've ever used.

If you get a loose connection for the stem and it bothers you then you just unscrew the top part and press down to push the teflon ring back in place, that's all you need to do to get a snug fit again.

Believe it or not I think my Solo is stealthier than my Inh XP or NO2 was.

The reason is the glass stem which seems like it makes a lot more of a problem is actually a godsend in this area. Not only does it make great flavor (because glass) but all you need to do is empty the stem, wrap it up so it doesn't smell, and you're set. I have a bowl bag from my combusting days that traps the smell in but I've also used a tshirt many a times with great results (no smell)

All the other units have the battery and weed stored in the same one device so when you're done with your session your unit still smells.

I know this because I have emptied my vapes right before entering where I'm supposed to be. The Solo is the only one I have a 100% success rate being able to empty and pack up my stuff and not be detected by smell. I'm talking like being in one room, emptying and wrapping up the stem, even carrying the Solo in my hand into the next room. Or wrapped up my stem as people were getting into my car and they had no idea, with the Solo out in the open, rubber cap off, see what im getting at? THat's real stealth

When you compare it to any vape where the used weed stays in the unit I don't see how any of them can be stealthier. Even if you empty it out it still reeks a little bit and anyone who knows the smell will know. Again this has never happened once with my solo.

I started rambling and talking a lot more than I intended but my point is the Solo is actually probably the stealthiest device I've ever used.

If you get a loose connection for the stem and it bothers you then you just unscrew the top part and press down to push the teflon ring back in place, that's all you need to do to get a snug fit again.

hahaha.... thanks man.. awesome post... also had me laughing because if you switch the vape model to any of the ones I've owned then you're also describing me trying to be stealthy..

You're case for the Solo is pretty compelling. You're probably right that in terms of after-the-act stealth the glass mechanism is the best.

I have similar stealth stories with my Pax. I have to say, I used to really push my luck and hit that thing in ridiculously packed public places with no problem. Even a movie theatre! Or the office! I do think it is probably stinkier to carry around but the fact that it fits directly in my hand makes it really stealthy. A lot of it is attitude too... carry on as natural... nothing to see here.....sometimes people would look at me weird while I brought up the Pax to my mouth for a draw and I'd just look back like ''so what yeah i have oral fixation with black phallic objects, nothing illegal here, move along''.

I've had situations where I was in a packed coffee shop and the stupid Pax mouthpiece would get gummy and not stay put so basically I was vaping inside my bag and the smell was wafting everywhere. I had to pretend to be curious and look around amused with a ''where is that smell coming from.. this is exciting.. who could it be'' face...... I also had a similar situation where I was walking hitting my Pax and some authority figure drove by and insisted on giving me a ride and for some reason I could just not turn the stupid Pax off plus I was medicated... it was an awkward ride... freezing outside and with me insisting on opening the window!

Anyways....

I want a portable that fits in my pocket and that I can take apart and boil/clean. I'm seriously considering the Solo but still leaning towards the Cera. I really like that the air path starts after the battery compartment. I don't mind that it takes some expertise to use and I'm curious about being able to try oils where I'm going to.

I've come to realize that in this infant vaporization industry nothing is really reliable... I'm hoping the Cera is more reliable than my late Inhalater XP's though...

butane models like the vaporgenie bat and the lotus looking more attractive for travel.. just a heads up to anybody in a similar situation..

Last edited by a moderator:
el_floripondio,
Reactions: exit

exit

If butane or using a lighter is your thing then go for it. No point in talking you out of it if you like them ;)

That said I prefer electric vapes because I like turning on my Solo, leaving it running until it goes out. Totally effortless and handsfree and proven reliable. What if it's too windy to use a lighter or too cold for butane to ignite?

But it's your vape so you choose what you want!

In my experience Vapir NO2 is EXTREMELY reliable
I have not owned a SOLO for as long but it is ROCK SOLID
Can't speak on the thermovape, sorry.
But I would never depend on my INHALATER XP sad to say.

If butane or using a lighter is your thing then go for it. No point in talking you out of it if you like them ;)

That said I prefer electric vapes because I like turning on my Solo, leaving it running until it goes out. Totally effortless and handsfree and proven reliable. What if it's too windy to use a lighter or too cold for butane to ignite?

But it's your vape so you choose what you want!

In my experience Vapir NO2 is EXTREMELY reliable
I have not owned a SOLO for as long but it is ROCK SOLID
Can't speak on the thermovape, sorry.
But I would never depend on my INHALATER XP sad to say.

Sad to say I cannot depend on the Inhalater XP either... a huge pity.

I don't know if lighter/butane is my thing!! Sounds like it shouldn't be :)

But for car trips, and the fact that it is cheaper.. makes it more attractive for travel.

el_floripondio,

exit

Well if it's gonna be in your car most of the time that changes things.
I think a lot of people who have used the Vapir NO2 consider it a perfect "car vape".
I certainly would. If i didn't give it away to one of my friends I would keep it in the car with a car charger.

I think you should try reading a lot of threads in the portable vapes section. You will probably learn a lot about the quirks of all different kinds of vapes and you'll probably see what suits you the best.

Even the Vapolution 2.0 comes with a car charger and is like 100 new.

Last edited:

hoptimum

butane models like the vaporgenie bat and the lotus looking more attractive for travel.. just a heads up to anybody in a similar situation..

I think flame powered vaporizers are ideal for when you might not be able to use batteries or charge up your electric vaporizer. All you need is your herb, the pipe and a functioning lighter. Not ideal in all situations, but a good primitive solution if you just want the basics.

hoptimum,
mr. impulsive here got a lotus :) he'll report back on quirks when he finds them :) thanks guys!!! really helped

I think flame powered vaporizers are ideal for when you might not be able to use batteries or charge up your electric vaporizer. All you need is your herb, the pipe and a functioning lighter. Not ideal in all situations, but a good primitive solution if you just want the basics.

exactly, for car trips and an experienced vaporizer i think it is the way to go (so it seems for now, we'll see when i use it).

all my high-end portables ended up failing me.. I don't want this to happen on the go so I went the primitive way..

Last edited by a moderator:
el_floripondio,
Reactions: hoptimum
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom