advice for a stolen (black) DBV

djonkoman

I don't know exactly how your parties are and if it's feasable, but maybe next time try to let everyone out and say goodbye? I would imagine a DBV is a pretty big thing to haul out of there, so it should be noticable of someone tries to walk out with it...

or keep it somewhere close to you/in sight(personally I even remember who has my grinder if others use it, not that I'm suspicious but I just like to know where all my stuff is and it's also partly subconscieus, also never lost a lighter to others, I only lose lighters by myself sometimes)

djonkoman,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I really think that Vicki has hit on something for you with the PA for your LB. It will be a cheap fix that you will be happy you made. It gives the LB a whole new "life." Then, when you can afford it again, you can invest in another vape of your choice.

I'm sorry you had to have the "right of passage" that many have in life. I've had things stolen from me on several occasions (long ago, thankfully). Usually, it involved too much trust on my part. I've since learned to be careful of my things and myself. You were on the right track putting your DBV away for the night; you just didn't put it "away" in the right place. ;)

IMO, parties like the one you described stop happening after a point in life. You get to the point where you don't want "strangers" partying in your house. But, since you are still in that stage of life, be more careful where you put your valuables. Find a drawer or a closet that can be locked.

momofthegoons,

weedemon

enthusiast
for sure dude I have been robbed. i had a 250 dollar bong stolen from my kitchen once. that was a sad day.

another time my scale, but someone took it off the dirtbag and gave it back to me. :) that was nice of him eh?

sorryu to hear about your loss thouh man :( very sad :(there is a used ssv for sale for 175 on here though. apparently 9.5/10 condition wise :p

weedemon,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
djonkoman said:
I don't know exactly how your parties are and if it's feasable, but maybe next time try to let everyone out and say goodbye? I would imagine a DBV is a pretty big thing to haul out of there, so it should be noticable of someone tries to walk out with it...

or keep it somewhere close to you/in sight(personally I even remember who has my grinder if others use it, not that I'm suspicious but I just like to know where all my stuff is and it's also partly subconscieus, also never lost a lighter to others, I only lose lighters by myself sometimes)

ya. i was trying to have just as good of a time as the other people. so that pretty much included not paying too much attention to my stuff after it was put away. i do not know how they could have done it...people were smoking ciggys in the stairway...so maybe on their way out, they put it out in the stairway a few floors up or down from my own floor...& when they left, they just picked it up & went home?

i have no idea if thats what happened...but it would have been risky because someone in the hallway could have seen the person walking around with it...i really have no idea, though. most people could look at the DBV & have no idea what it is & never question it...

it was too hard to pay attention to when & who left. the nintendo wii was on (i got like over 1000 games on a hard drive for it - great party system) so when people left, they kind of just walked up to me & said goodbye...cuz sometimes, it was my turn on the game or whatever...

ive definitely lost lighters and stuff before but now i do not even carry those anymore!

youre right though...i should have put it somewhere it right next to me. never thought this would happen, though!

anyways, thank you for taking time to read this & respond! i really appreciate it.

akwardsauce,

akwardsauce

momofthegoons said:
I really think that Vicki has hit on something for you with the PA for your LB. It will be a cheap fix that you will be happy you made. It gives the LB a whole new "life." Then, when you can afford it again, you can invest in another vape of your choice.

I'm sorry you had to have the "right of passage" that many have in life. I've had things stolen from me on several occasions (long ago, thankfully). Usually, it involved too much trust on my part. I've since learned to be careful of my things and myself. You were on the right track putting your DBV away for the night; you just didn't put it "away" in the right place. ;)

IMO, parties like the one you described stop happening after a point in life. You get to the point where you don't want "strangers" partying in your house. But, since you are still in that stage of life, be more careful where you put your valuables. Find a drawer or a closet that can be locked.

this "right of passage" is something that has happened to me many times before (often about stuff that wasnt as important as this for me). ive had cds stolen and random stuff like that in my life for sure (even a laptop once when my apartment was broken into...called the cops and filed a report for that one). but this was probably the first major "heist" from right under my nose.

ya, the thing about strangers is they can either be cool people or shady. you never know. part of me briefly thought about asking my friends not invite them over (but that thought quickly went away for some reason).

today was weird, (maybe it was making this thread & listening to what all of you guys had to say) but im feeling a little bit better about it - maybe "better" isnt the word. im coming to terms & accepting with the fact that its gone & i probably will never get it back.

maybe my problem is that i am too impatient & i want it (or a substitute) right NOW. black friday is coming up down the road, then the winter holidays (our family doesnt really "celebrate" xmas cuz were not christians, so i dont buy that many gifts during that time as im sure that you guys do, which "saves" me some money) so maybe i can consider it another xmas gift to myself...maybe if i stay patient, i may even find it listed back up on craigslist...who knows? but i realize that life is long so there will be plenty of time to wait for a good deal...

does anyone happen to know the lowest price for 7th floor stuff with the FC discounts (i havent even started looking for brand new models yet)?
do you guys know if there will be any black friday sales for it?
i also found a few DBVs in the for sale section...which could be an option...

i think patience is the key for me right now...thanks so much, MOM, for the great advice & taking time to reply!

akwardsauce,

akwardsauce

weedemon said:
for sure dude I have been robbed. i had a 250 dollar bong stolen from my kitchen once. that was a sad day.

another time my scale, but someone took it off the dirtbag and gave it back to me. :) that was nice of him eh?

sorryu to hear about your loss thouh man :( very sad :(there is a used ssv for sale for 175 on here though. apparently 9.5/10 condition wise :p

i may have to check that SSV out man! but i think to save my money, i should be patient & something good will pass my way (i mean, it has to eventually, right?)

sorry to hear about your $250 bong, brother...that really blows...its crazy how many of us had the same thing happen to us...are we ALL victims of pretty substantial THEFTS (well, except djonkoman)!?!?!?!? insane...

so i guess you knew the exact person who took your bong? you dont think the person who took it off the thief was the thief themselves, do you? and they gave it back cuz they realized a stolen bong that people are looking for is pretty hard to use (unless you just have it for yourself - which isnt fun)...

so how long was it gone from you for (days, weeks, months...?)? maybe if im as patient as you, the same thing will happen for me. ive waited 1 week & 2 days so far.

thanks for the reply brother!

Modnote: Please try to avoid making back-to-back posts.

akwardsauce,

weedemon

enthusiast
im pretty sure i know exactly who stole my bong. it was an ex roomate who was moving out that same day! he was the biggest stoner of us all too!

about hte scale. well it was a neighbour who loved next door to me, and im pretty sure it was on of his friends who was up visiting me at the time. (he kept telling me at the time, the main thing is it's back now...) lol

weedemon,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
They don't have any 110V versions right now, but normally the blemished DBV's are 130 US$. I asked about FC discounts when I bought a blemished SSV last year, but they said they didn't have one for their ebay store at that time.

A hakko would set you back around 60 bucks if I remember correctly, don't remeber if that's including a heater cover or not. There is a list of items you need with pricing in one of the two DIY threads somewhere.

OhTheAgony,

akwardsauce

OhTheAgony said:
They don't have any 110V versions right now, but normally the blemished DBV's are 130 US$. I asked about FC discounts when I bought a blemished SSV last year, but they said they didn't have one for their ebay store at that time.

A hakko would set you back around 60 bucks if I remember correctly, don't remeber if that's including a heater cover or not. There is a list of items you need with pricing in one of the two DIY threads somewhere.

thanks man. i think i will look for that DIY thread...do you happen to know that if i do convert a hakko, could it be used like a DBV where it just sits there & i have to plug the wand into it...

or would it be like a verdamper, where i would need a bong and have to use the hakko like a lighter or something...where i keep plugging the hakko to my bowl?

id like it to be a stationary unit where i just plug into it (i dont want to have to carry a bong around all the time).

thanks again for your help...off to look at those instructions!

akwardsauce,

OhTheAgony

here for the chicks
No prob man. If you have a bong and a medium sized Ehle bowl (others will work too of course, but I just happen to know this one matches) you could get a standard SSV heater cover and use it like a wand like vape, but I assumed you have a standard GG DBV wand so that's why I threw in the optional microphone stand. It'll hold the Hakko so you can basically use it as your DBV. Although it would totally depend on the stability of the microphone stand if it will be equally, uhm, stable?, as your DBV.

It's all there anyways, tadaa:

DIY Hakko thread

Good luck!

edit: you should also have a look at this one if you don't mind the reading:

Homemade vaporizers thread

OhTheAgony,

akwardsauce

OhTheAgony said:
No prob man. If you have a bong and a medium sized Ehle bowl (others will work too of course, but I just happen to know this one matches) you could get a standard SSV heater cover and use it like a wand like vape, but I assumed you have a standard GG DBV wand so that's why I threw in the optional microphone stand. It'll hold the Hakko so you can basically use it as your DBV. Although it would totally depend on the stability of the microphone stand if it will be equally, uhm, stable?, as your DBV.

It's all there anyways, tadaa:

DIY Hakko thread

Good luck!

edit: you should also have a look at this one if you don't mind the reading:

Homemade vaporizers thread

yes thank you so much...ive actually been reading both of those threads for about 1.5hrs now...

it just seems very technical & i do not have any tools at home that would help (no drills, dremels, or whatever those things are called, etc...)

i REALLY LIKE 2clicker's "hakko vape iron V2". it looks really vague so i think people wouldnt really question it, its pretty much unbranded (except for the "hakko" part, i assume), and i just love how its so simple & effective (i saw his video - super thick clouds).

i really want to ask him to make one for me because the instructions are so spread out & he got different pieces from different websites, etc...it would be more versatile (even though i do not have any fancy glass bongs or equipment - but i run into people with stuff from time-to-time). i tried & couldnt even find that orange piece he has on his even though he posted the website for it (so many products there its so confusing).

im seriously going to email him now. that thing is sweet. if its a reasonable price, i could totally see myself using that with a mic-holder.

thanks again, bro for the info...totally appreciate it!

akwardsauce,
Top Bottom