Advice desperately needed..

stonercreek

For abit over a year i smoked bong tokes, joints, pipes and blunts on the daily and at first everything was going fine and i felt healthy until one day i got bronchitis and ever since that point i couldnt even smoke a small bowl or take 1 puff from a joint without breaking out into such a wheezing fit that i could barely breath.. Not only that, but every night i was waking up not being able to breath and hacking up yellow, brown and eventually bloody mucus. I took a break for an entire month and i got the Atmos Jump convection vaporizer. Ive felt much better since using it but after about a week of using it i feel as though it makes my throat very sore and it still makes me wheeze heavily and hack out mucus (although now its white and only slighly yellow at times) can someone please tell me whats wrong with me? Should i get checked to see if maybe i have asthma? Or should i invest in a more high quality vaporizer? Ps: it heats up to 392 F.

stonercreek,

Tiny88

Deluxe420
I am no doctor, but those symptoms sounds like you have a sinus and chest infection. I use to get them all the time.

I used to get those kinda infections but Ive been prescribed tons of anti biotics by the doctor and i can assure you that im pretty healthy there.

Sorry to say but, if you are hacking up yellow chunks, you have an infection. When were you on antibiotics? Sinus and chest infections can come back.

Last edited:

stonercreek

I am no doctor, but those symptoms sounds like you have a sinus and chest infection. I use to get them all the time.
I used to get those kinda infections but Ive been prescribed tons of anti biotics by the doctor and i can assure you that im pretty healthy there.

stonercreek,

stonercreek

Sorry to say but, if you are hacking up yellow chunks, you have an infection. When were you on antibiotics? Sinus and chest infections can come back.
Well after my 1 month break my mucus has been mostly white.. Its the wheezing and tight chest that worries me

stonercreek,

C No Ego

Im gonna meet with my doctor this week and check to see if i have asthma because it seems as though i may
believe it or not the doctors of old prescribed cannabis cigarettes as asthma cigarettes! LOL... seriously though, cannabis is a very potent bronchodiolater... do you have access to non inhaled methods of cannabis absorption like tinctures, oils, salves, edibles, etc?... thc is more the airway dilator and not so much cbd... this is just advise and not to stop you from a doctor visit.. maybe some eucalyptus oil inhaled in steam would be of benefit to you now as well or mentholated fragrance... to expel that mucus safely

sativasam

NO SMOKING
Fuckcombustion members are not a substitute for professional health practitioners. Go and get professional advice from your doctor regarding your health issue. And stop what are doing that aggravates the problems you are having immediately.

Your body is trying to tell you something. Listen to it.

If you must get high then make edibles. And as always, be careful with dosage if eating as it's a different animal all together.

Vaping does irritate the lungs somewhat. From what I understand vaping temporarily paralyses the alveoli. But I'm no scientist! I would say that the temperature you gave is for the upper end of the temperatures used for a vaporiser where the vapour is harsher tasting and more irritable. I rarely use my vape above 180-190c (10-20 degrees lower than the temp you gave) for this reason. That said I have never heard of complaints such as yours from vaping, so I doubt this issue is about temperature.

I have some questions @stonercreek -

1) What form of cannabis are you using?

2)What country are you in?

As in the UK we have a history of cannabis that has been adulterated, from 'hashish' made from henna and bin bags, to cannabis bud smothered in everything from reflective glass beads to sugar.

Again, please book an appointment with your doctor right away; and stop what is causing you these problems.

stonercreek

Fuckcombustion members are not a substitute for professional health practitioners. Go and get professional advice from your doctor regarding your health issue. And stop what are doing that aggravates the problems you are having immediately.

Your body is trying to tell you something. Listen to it.

If you must get high then make edibles. And as always, be careful with dosage if eating as it's a different animal all together.

Vaping does irritate the lungs somewhat. From what I understand vaping temporarily paralyses the alveoli. But I'm no scientist! I would say that the temperature you gave is for the upper end of the temperatures used for a vaporiser where the vapour is harsher tasting and more irritable. I rarely use my vape above 180-190c (10-20 degrees lower than the temp you gave) for this reason. That said I have never heard of complaints such as yours from vaping, so I doubt this issue is about temperature.

I have some questions @stonercreek -

1) What form of cannabis are you using?

2)What country are you in?

As in the UK we have a history of cannabis that has been adulterated, from 'hashish' made from henna and bin bags, to cannabis bud smothered in everything from reflective glass beads to sugar.

Again, please book an appointment with your doctor right away; and stop what is causing you these problems.
First of all thanks so much for putting so much effort and care into that message it means a ton coming from a complete stranger! I get my bud from the local medical dispensary (Canada) and i can assurs you the bud is top notch quality. Im using mostly hybrids, strains such as gorilla glue, blue dream, trainwreck etc.. Ive booked an appointment for next monday and my doctor is gonna check me out and im certainly going to pose my concerns for the possibility of having asthma. If this is the case, finding a vaporizer that has the option of a lower temperature as well as a mouthpiece that can connect to a bubbler or bong might be something that id be willing to try out.

sativasam

NO SMOKING
First of all thanks so much for putting so much effort and care into that message it means a ton coming from a complete stranger! I get my bud from the local medical dispensary (Canada) and i can assurs you the bud is top notch quality. Im using mostly hybrids, strains such as gorilla glue, blue dream, trainwreck etc.. Ive booked an appointment for next monday and my doctor is gonna check me out and im certainly going to pose my concerns for the possibility of having asthma. If this is the case, finding a vaporizer that has the option of a lower temperature as well as a mouthpiece that can connect to a bubbler or bong might be something that id be willing to try out.

The details in your original post are quite scary, and wheezing is never a good sign. My Dad has always wheezed and has COPD. I used to wheeze from my years of smoking, even when I was not smoking and sitting down. Thankfully I don't wheeze anymore as I dropped smoking for vaping and now run often. I now have an an asthma inhaler/pump for sports asthma, as I once had an asthma attack when running, and so use a prevention inhaler before I run.

There are two types of Asthma Inhaler, those used for 'prevention' and those used for 'attacks'. If you do have asthma, vaping could worsen the symptoms yes. Your doctor could prescribe you an asthma inhaler for asthma attacks; but if you are using an asthma inhaler either for prevention of a self induced asthma attack via vaping, or to treat self induced asthma attacks via vaping, it seems a bit over the top if you ask me. Like an abuse of the asthma medicine, forcing your body to deal with things that it is clearly telling you it is not happy with. Using drugs to cover up the side effects from other drugs.

Don't mean to preach but just my opinion. Hope your health improves.

EDIT: @stonercreek - this new thread may be of interest http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/can-vaporizing-cannibis-cause-bronchitis.25235/#post-1175027

Last edited:
sativasam,
Reactions: C No Ego

cgod

Very weird seeing this thread, i am currently hacking up yellow phlegm and getting into a coughing fit, doctors say i have a chest infection and im now on anti biotics :(

cgod,

shredder

Your condition sounds a lot like mine. I have asthma. I agree with the advice about seeing a doctor and getting checked out. You might find out what, if anything triggers asthma, if that's what you have.

When I'm having problems I just take cannacaps to medicate with mj. And when I feel like vaping I stick to low temp vaping, and mostly use water pipes.

My asthma is triggered by allergies. I take suppliments to help with my allergies, pm me if you want details.

And finally I've found I do better with vaping concentrates over herb. I can feel my throat closing up at times hitting herb, even at low temps. But remember this is me, and I have asthma. You might have something else. It's important that you get checked out then go from there.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
I have chronic bronchitis and although it hasn't bothered me in a few years the remedy which helps me alot is organic apple cider vinegar in water with honey. Definitely stop vaping and try edibles or tinctures.

Top Bottom