Advice-- Da Buddha vs. Vapolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

picklebarrel

I've been looking to buy a new vape and after reading through tons of threads here I think it's come down to these two. I did have an interest in the PD but I don't want to wait that long and, while i haven't tried a PD, I think I'd prefer glass.

From what I can tell, DBV is a well-respected vape and tons of people have it. I've only read a few complaints. I think my only hangup is that some of it is assembled in China. I get the impression that even with this, the DBV has a clean vapor path.

A clean vapor path is a primary concern of mine, which led me to the all glass design of the Vapolution. I like that it is made in America, but I haven't seen as many reviews. I'd like to buy an American made product, but if the quality of the Vapolution doesn't compete with the DBV, then I don't have a problem getting the DBV. Any advice or other vaporizer suggestions would be a great help.

picklebarrel,

Rico420

I like the way you look for a vape. Its how i would go about it. If you don't have any ills against the PD other than the Wait time, i would recommend getting a woodeez. Its virtually the same tech as a PD but you can get one right now from the manufacturer on ebay. PD, Woodeez and the Aromazap/Myrtlezap are pretty much the same IMHO. Woodeez is Rohs, and basically a PD without the led. I even got mine for ~$30 off because i sent him an offer witch he didn't accept but countered and i still got a killer deal. Got it a week later, and haven't had any major issues with it, besides a defective AC adapter that I'm sure is not a common experience and will be replaced free of charge. Nonetheless i already have a perfectly suitable AC adapter that works from my MFLB PA, & i bought a 13.5V adapter anyway to get a little more heat. Vapolutions are cheap, in a good way and i can say i almost bought one, but saw a sense of resilience in the log style vapes that i get with my MFLB. Basically its built to last and not gonna break any time soon. Vs glass, glass and more glass with the Vapolution. Not to say that's a detriment, but in my situation it works very well. Also consider getting a MFLB, i just love all the different ways i can hit that mofo, native, stem, bag, bubbler with my 14mm gong adapter, bong, steamroller, etc. Along with the variable temp and always ready PA, you are sure to find the sweet spot with a little experimenting if you choose to go with the box. The best milkiest vapor hits i ever got was from my mflb and a small gong bubbler. If you check the MFLB thread you can SEE what i mean :lol:

Rico420,

weedemon

enthusiast
is the ssv out of reach for you? just wondering why the dbv over the ssv?

never used a vapolution, but someday i'd like to try it.

weedemon,

max

Out to lunch
From what I can tell, DBV is a well-respected vape and tons of people have it. I've only read a few complaints. I think my only hangup is that some of it is assembled in China.
If you actively avoid buying products made in China you must have a tough time buying all kinds of consumer products. And most products these days not made in China are produced in a similar country with equally low labor costs. Just because 7th Floor, due to high demand and common sense economics, has the DBV mostly assembled in China, doesn't mean it's inferior in quality to the SSV or older DBVs that were made 100% in the US. And I feel safe in saying that the DBV's temp control, throughout its production history, has easily been more reliable than that of the 'made in the US' Vapolution.

Although I slightly prefer the SSV, I've used the DBV quite a bit, and a few years ago the Vapolution was my main direct draw vape. While it's hard to beat the Vapo's all glass (w/ AIW bowl)vapor path, the path in the DBV is restricted to the heater cover and whip, and the sealed heating element is as good as it gets with ceramic, producing no oxidation. DBV is going to be much easier to load, and will produce bigger hits. While I really enjoyed hitting the Vapo with the glass AIW bowl, loading it was sometimes a pain, and when the PD came out I readily switched to that model, since hit size was similar and it was easier to use. The Vapo is still a good choice though, especially if an all glass path is a priority. It also has portability going for it, with the 12V design and optional battery pack.

max,

picklebarrel

I do attempt to avoid products made in countries with lower labor costs, but it's more of a workers' rights thing, not really about quality. I own products made all over that have been good to me, including the machine I am typing on now. The SSV is a bit out of my price range, but I will consider it if it is worth it. Once again, my primary concern is a clean and worry-free vapor path.

picklebarrel,

Nycdeisel

You can get a *blemished SSV from Higher Elevations on Ebay, which is actually owned by 7th Floor, so its completely legit, they even come with the warranties and everything! (everything but the case, which they sell separately.

Also the PD has no LED, only the Zap man gives you an option of having a light or not. most people dont like it as it attracts more attention to it and is one more thing that can wear out over time.

plastic tubing usually isnt included in a clean vapor path either, I dont use my DBV anymore cause I can always taste the tubing, even with only a few inches of it! the LSV is 7th Floors solution to this, but might be a bit out of your range at about the same price as a new SSV!

Nycdeisel,

max

Out to lunch
my primary concern is a clean and worry-free vapor path.
It doesn't get better than the Vapo, IF you get the AIW bowl. The bowl is angled and about 8" long-plenty long enough for cooling the vapor. I've seen the new 2.0 version going for $130 w/free shipping on eBay. Hard to beat at that price.

max,

picklebarrel

Thanks for the help guys. Finally decided on the DBV after reading tons of threads. I'm generally an indecisive person so I'm glad the process is over!

picklebarrel,
I think you made the right decision, I far prefer my DBV to my vapolution for a number of reasons. The taste of the vapolution might be slightly superior, but almost all other aspects make me prefer the DBV, particularly vapor density.

charliedontsurf,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom