Active carbon filter for hash vaporiser bong

Piecho

Hey,
Trying now the dynavap setup with a bubbler and additional active carbon filter for hash vaporisation. No difference at the taste, vapour is not that resiny as without the carbon. I would be probably continue testing it, unless you guys will give me some papers saying its a waste or a health risk. Just wonder if any of you tried it before.

Piecho,

Tellus

Human (H. sapiens x H. neanderthalensis)
Hey piecho
That is interesting, are the reasons for using active carbon that it's cleaner and healthier for your lungs? Oh and do you use more hash with the filter?
I don't have a bubbler, would have tried if I did

Tellus,

Piecho

So far no different when comes to effects.
Water stop tiny carbon particles, but you can give a try using filters that are made for tobacco/cannabis smoking with additional activated carbon. If you do want to skip the water filtering itself.

I would see after some time how fast glass covers with the resin itself. I use iso with salt to clean it, and it was cleaned before the experiment.

Piecho,

rizlafreak

two dog star
Hey, it's something I was thinking about ussing activated carbon too, but more with dry herb vaping. since i found a lot of residue in the mouthpiece of my waterfilter... that looks like it's just dusty plant material, and I wonder if active charcoal could prevent inhaling these super small particels.
I think, that's what makes one cough and can't be healthy for the lungs.

another thing I would try is, if activated charcoal dust in the water would help filtration. the particles stick together, so that's why clean water does not filter as good as used with many little particles in it, thats at least my experience. and since activated carbon is extra sticky, it should in theory have some positive effect.

Last edited:
rizlafreak,

Piecho

I did just search for activated carbon and found this thread. Ok...
So I am happy to leave report after some time of use.

I do not notice difference in the effects. The taste is slightly different than water or empty glass. Vapour is less thick, less "resiny" in consistency. Before sometimes I had feeling on my tongue and teeth of thin resin layer. Weird, but we still talk about using dynavap with good guality hashish.

You can see similar difference in the glass dirt stain. Is now less yellow/brownish, more in grey area. There is still a layer, but getting slower in my initial tests.

Plus my filter is very primitive and was more proof of concept. Now when I will have another opportunity I will try activated carbon in the form of coconut shell parts. Perlite is not perfect when comes to the fitting, plus when getting wet can moist and create mess.

Top Bottom