Acquire more herb than you can use?

Pyr0

Stoned Roses
lol, UK telly sucks on the whole :p all my fave shows are American.

[edit] The UK has had a few decent shows in the past (especially comedies), but I honestly can't think of anything on UK television recently that I've really enjoyed watching

Last edited:

kellya86

Herb gardener...
But it's ok caus it's about the only thing USA does better. We will let them have that.

kellya86,
Reactions: Pyr0

bella

I work my way through 1/2 oz bags at a time and buy directly from a grower/friend. It's good quality, cheap & plentiful. No choice of strains, though. Living in a prohibition country can make it difficult - in my younger days there were often 'dry' times or only poor quality herb available. I am grateful that i no longer have to worry about my supply.

@Pyr0 uk telly's okay. I love the royle family!

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@bella, thanks for putting us back on track.
Iv always been obsessed with dry times. For the last 10 years iv always made sure I have between an Oz and a quarter. This allowed me some flexibility on when I picked up. I found I'd I waited till I needed to reload, the draw at the time may be shit and I'd be stuck with that. So I wait until something nice turn up then buy in bulk.
Anyway all that shit is behind me now. I'm officially a self sufficient cultivator, and iv never been happier. Not having to worry about draw, makes draw so much better. Weed is supposed to remove stress, not caus it.

bella

For me, it is a real luxury to be able to to get bag after bag without any worries. I remember the days of driving around for hours trying to score and dry weeks (always around xmas). I even have a key to my friend's place so i can grab a bag if they're not home (aaaah....luxury).

It can be hard to get on in australia if you don't have good contacts. Dealing tends to be between friends or friends of friends. Supply can be inconsistent and run dry regularly.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
But what if your friend dissappears or something out of your control happens. Then it's all gone again. This is why i always try to keep half oz hidden, just in case of a zombie apocalypse, I'll know iv still got something to vape while the world falls apart around me.
Seriously though the only thing that puts my mind at rest is knowing I have the tools and knowledge to produce my own. When I started cultivation I was a smoker that went through an Oz a month ( gram a day ). So I grew enough to feed that. So from 3 plants got 7 oz. Grew in 4 months + 3 month cure = my 7 oz. But now started vaping 6 weeks ago I've realiased my consumption has gone down loads. I'm now only consuming half oz a month maximum ( 0.4 a day ). So iv only planted 2 seeds this time. As I have aquired more herb than I can use. Thread title.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
I don't hate. Love south park. Was gonna list things American I like, but I'm struggling. I do love south park.
And pepsi. And Metallica. But that is it.

psychonaut

Company Rep
Company Rep
I used to have a consistant supply from a work friend in my younger days, I suspect he or his friend knew a grower. It was basically mids, with the occasional dank batch here and there, but it was always 50 a quarter. Then I moved and knew a lot less hookups so I began to hoard. I still hoard in a legal state, but it's mostly for at home options. The nearest dispensary is about 60 miles away so my trips also have to be lucrative. I think my current supply is 4 grams of shatter and 1.5oz. Plenty to last me several months.

If I was a city person and had dispensaries in the neighborhood, I probably wouldn't have more than a quarter of flowers at any given point.

kellya86

Herb gardener...
When you Americans get to buy buds from medical dispeseries, does it have a use by date. Or shelf life. Maybe a stupid question. How long can you hoard weed for?

Hashtag46&2

Trichome Technician
When you Americans get to buy buds from medical dispeseries, does it have a use by date. Or shelf life. Maybe a stupid question. How long can you hoard weed for?
No sir, if there are use by dates ... It is a profiteering method.

After the chop, with a proper cure of at least 90 days, the weed will continue to get a little better up until about 9 months- a full year.

At this point, slow degradation of THC converts to CBN... Which means less psychoactive properties and more sedative properties.

IMO/E flowers are at their prime at about 6 months after harvesting. (Proper cure is essential) or your flowers that once smelled and tasted amazing will now smell and taste of hay or grass.

This is the primary reason many dispensaries and unscrupulous growers chop down their plants, dry it for week or less and it's packed for distribution, they either don't know how to cure properly or they simply don't care.

I too never ever allow my supply to get any lower than 2-3 oz, you never know what is going to happen.. I actually used to start a bit of panicking at about 4 oz

But since I started Vaping, I'm not nearly as worried, in fact I got approximately 2&1/2 oz now..... And this is the lowest I've had since 2013.

I've given away at least 2 oz this past month to my friend with back problems, dude works from 7am to near midnight 6 days a week.

He always always tries to compensate, but damn it, you're my damn friend brother, no way am I charging anyone that is suffering from any condition for something that I love to do.

The passion I have for this plant, and having witnessed the relief it brings to myself and others in pain, is payment enough for me.

:huh: +:leaf:= :razz:

bella

@kellya86 a good friend of mine always has at least 10 bags (1/2 oz bags) stashed away. We have decided that when the zombie apocalypse arrives we will climb onto his roof and vape away until the world ends (well, i'll vape and he will combust). It's all sorted :tup:

I also know a few other growers (friends and extended family). I hate running out and haven't done so for about 15 years now. I used to always have a bit of a stash but don't really bother anymore.

Oh, actually, i do have a couple of oz of leafy gear stashed away! I forgot about it :doh:. I use it to sandwich my resin pieces.
So, i do have more herb than i can use....:nod:

@Hashtag46&2 i would never charge a friend in need either. It's good to be able to help out a mate if you can.

bella

@CarolKing regardless of how the world ends, i plan to be on a roof somewhere watching it unfold while i vape away, lol. :science:

For me, running out would be merely annoying but for medical users, it would be awful and possibly even dangerous, i imagine. If i were a medical user i would always have an extra bag stashed away. It must be dreadful for medical users in prohibition areas who have to worry about their supply.

Btw, my state is about to announce that mj will be legally available for some medical uses. It's still going to be quite limited, but it's a start. Well done to the victorian government :clap:. Hopefully, the rest of australia will follow...

1DMF

Old School Cheesy Quaver
Well done to the victorian government
If only they were more Victorian, during her reign, even Opium / Heroin was legal as well as dope.

It wasn't until the 1920's that drugs started to get banned.

Current UK legislation was imposed via the 1971 Misuse of Drugs Act :( - the year I was born :bang:

We have flower power and the hippies to blame for current situation, not the Victorians!
:leaf::love::peace::leaf::love::peace::leaf::love::peace::leaf::love::peace::leaf::love::peace::leaf::love::peace::leaf:

bella

Good news: medical cannabis to be legalised, for limited use, in victoria, australia.
Bad news: government is growing the supply which will be available in 2017 and not in any form that can be smoked.

We victorians will still have to acquire more herb than we can use... (see what i did there, lol)

kellya86

Herb gardener...
@bella it's a big step in the right direction. You should be happy that your government is doing something and is not as arrogant and narrow minded as uk politicians..
It's a start and I'm sure thing will only get better for you now.

If I could live anywhere in the world I would pick Australia or Canada.

Your country don't take no shit. UK bends over and takes it. In aus your all to happy to let a boat load of immigrants die instead of housing and supporting them. And look at the space you have. UK is overcrowded and we still let everyone in. To scared of being called racist to stand up for ourselves.

kellya86,
Top Bottom