abv brownie

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
This is a new one on me! I usually just toss my ground up ABV into the browines when I make them (chips choco/PB/Mint) help to cover the taste. But water curing?

Please do tell us more :)

AGBeer,

lwien

I make firecrakers from the ABV and I can't taste the ABV at all. The taste totally disappears between the Cinnamon Graham crackers and the organic peanut butter.

lwien,

Durden

I am Jack's title
I prefer to use water separation after I've put the material into butter or oil, using the fridge to solidify the butter or coconut oil after letting it all soak. I have some medium to large size glass containers with sealable lids I use and the process is fairly self contained and clean. That being said I don't generally do it much anymore, I've just learned to mask the flavor, usually with cinnamon and other similar spices as already suggested. I have some oil that is made from ABV and stems that I can do a water seperation of and take some pics if people are interested. I have enough ABV to actually do a test run of this as well if people want/care, would be fairly easy to do a comparison.

Speaking of better tasting food tho, I've been working on masking the taste in special ice cream the last few weeks, have a few decent recipes but if anyone has some suggestions I'm all ears :brow:

Durden,

Durden

I am Jack's title
The water soluble stuff still comes out a good amount when its in the oil form, but it may not have the same effect on potency and taste so it's worth checking out. It usually takes 3 water sessions for my coconut oil to stop turning water brown.
When I cook with ABV usually, I use an amount of abv thats a greater volume than the oil Im trying to infuse, and so I end up using the crockpot method which allows for a large volume of water. Though even with this method, the resulting oil has a distinctly different color than fresher material and could benefit from water curing. I took pictures of my oil last week when I was doing some cooking, but sadly the pure samples are gone. ABV batch is in the middle top, Ill have to make a post about the rest this weekend. Right now the abv has been mixed in with what is left of the bottom 2 batches (stems and trim).
DSC00985.jpg

Edit: Wrong picture, but thought I might as well leave it up haha

DSC00966.jpg

Durden,

luchiano

I think water curing is good for smoking and that what it was invented for but when you do it for vaping or eating I don't know if this is a good thing especially for med patients because when you put the bud in water for that long a lot of the good minerals that your body needs to process the cannabis will be extracted and I don't know the long term health effects of eating herb that gives a high or stone but not replenishing what the body loses during the processing of it.

Think of it as vodka as opposed to beer. One has no nutrients and puts a heavy strain on your body and over time tears it down while the other brings some nutrients with it and therefore isn't as bad.

If you want to eat the abv just mix it with your food like salsa(put some avocado in it) or Guacamole. You don't need that much up to 3 grams(to get TOASTED) so the taste won't be that bad especially when you add other spices which you should to enhance the high and health qualities of the meal.

You can also just eat some nuts or seeds and just down the abv with some orange or grape juice and that will make sure you get effects without the taste as well as enhance the high. If you drink any type of fruit juice daily it will enhance your high as well as absorption but those two are real good juices for this.

I just think getting rid of the minerals is not a good thing especially when we need them for our body to process chemicals so I just thought I would give an opinion on this and to give you another idea on how to make abv taste better to eat.

luchiano,

luchiano

combusche said:
can you back up your assertion regarding "a lot of the good minerals that your body needs to process the cannabis will be extracted"? i have never heard of such a thing as cannabis containing 'minerals' which our body needs to process cannabis.

also, your statement regarding vodka and beer is also highly suspect. first of all, the truth of that statement is in question. secondly, even if it is true that beer contains SOME nutrients, i don't think people drink for that, and i don't think any significant amount of benefits can even be derived from that so the existence of whatever trace amounts of useful nutrients would be moot.

as far as i know, substantially all of the active ingredients our human body uses that is present in marijuana are not water soluble, so no i do not believe for a second that watercuring (ABV especially) can possibly be worse for our health than non-watercured in any way.

once again, no offense, you probably meant well, but sometimes i think free speech should not be free. before people start going off, my opinion is that because speech is free, people with low quality (aka partially or completely false) information often adulterate true knowledge by dressing those low quality info up with fancy words and twisted logic.
First of all ALL plants need some form of minerals to grow just like humans do so that is why they will contain these minerals. You don't make minerals, you get them from your food and cannabis is a food we just happen to smoke/vape it and they are mostly water soluble.

Secondly, beer is good for you because it contains a number of compounds but lets talk about one, Slilicon which is good for bones and health. Vodka or straight alcohol doesn't because it is pure alcohol mixed with water.

Thirdly, the chemicals that get you high are fat soluble but the things that dictate the type of high and how your body deals with it are not. Minerals being one of them and they do leach out of the plant matter into the water if giving the right amount of time to.

Check the links to see I'm not bullshitting:

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/07/31/earlyshow/health/main5200448.shtml

Beer A Health Booster?
Appears to Benefit Heart, Bones, Research Shows

"A study from Tufts School of Nutrition showed beer, either dark or light, protects bone mineral density. Katherine Tucker, associate professor of nutrition at the Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy, says the alcoholic beverage has high levels of an ingredient that enables the deposit of calcium and other minerals into bone tissue. Scientists point to silicon, which helps absorption of calcium and minerals to make strong bones. People with diets high in silicon, a mineral found in dark beer, had higher bone densities and therefore a lower chance of developing osteoporosis. Excessive drinking, however, can lead to a greater number of bone fractures."

http://www.menshealth.com/men/nutri.../article/a9ce8fec5d1b7110vgnvcm10000013281eac

"Best Hops Delivery Vehicle

Avery Maharaja Imperial India Pale Ale

Hops help cut the sweetness in a beer, delivering a crisp citrus-and-pine kick to the back of your tongue. But the cone-shaped hops flower is more than just a flavor savior. Researchers have shown that it's also a significant source of cholesterol-lowering, cancer-fighting, and virus-killing compounds called polyphenols. What's more, "Just one 12-ounce beer a day decreased fibrinogen, a clotting factor, and increased albumin, which is very important for protein metabolism," says Shela Gorinstein, Ph.D., a researcher at Jerusalem's Hebrew University and the author of a 2007 study on the bioactivity of beer. In our taste test, the winner was a smooth, fruity India Pale Ale (IPA) brewed with 8 pounds of hops per barrel. It boasts 80 times the hops of a mass-market lager."

http://www.cannaversity.com/cannave...le/What-Mineral-Elements-Do-Plants-Need-.html

"When it comes down to it there are 20 mineral elements essential/beneficial for healthy plant growth"

"Macro-Nutrients

The following Macro-nutrients are needed in high volumes though the required levels of each fluctuate through out the grow cycle depending on needs . These elements are not generally present naturally in high enough ratios in your average soil and hydroponic mediums contain no nutrients at all , which means they must be supplied through the form of some sort of nutrient or natural source mixed into or watered into the soil

* Nitrogen (N)
* Phosphorus (P)
* Potassium (K)
* Calcium (Ca)
* Magnesium (Mg)
* Sulfur (S)"

" Essential Micro-Nutrients

Although the above cover your major nutrient needs there are also certain required micro-nutrients which are only required in trace amounts and are considered to play more secondary roles and " behind the scenes stuff "

* Boron (B)
* Chlorine (Cl)
* Copper (Cu)
* Iron (Fe)
* Manganese (Mn)
* Zinc (Zn)
* Molybdenum (Mo)
* Nickel (Ni)"

luchiano,

luchiano

combusche said:
Yes, but that is completely irrelevant. i did not say plants do not have minerals, i said plants do not have minerals necessary for consumption of cannabis, which is what you said before but have apparently now changed your stance.

just for fun, the previous post is another classic case of fallacy: ignoratio elechi aka irrelevant conclusion or thesis - basically means presenting arguments which may be valid but does not address the question at all.
WOW!

If you know what minerals do in the body how can you even state this. I didn't change my stance, I gave you info to show you that cannabis contains minerals and these same minerals your body needs to function. If you are taking something that gets your body moving whether cannabis or alcohol, you need minerals to get the enzymes going to process the chemicals or you will slowly wear your body down because it will take minerals from stored in your body such as organs. Minerals get these enzymes moving.

I proved my point about beer but you ignored that also.

I don't know how my post was fallacy when I answered what you ask me to prove. What you did was manipulate what I answered to make it seem like I didn't prove anything but others are reading this thread and can see for themselves so it's no need to go back and forth. All I'm trying to do is show a better and healthier way to do something especially being that we're on a site that is about getting the most out of herb without the negative health consequences(vaporizing). I didn't state it was wrong for you to do it your way that is your choice not mine.

luchiano,

luchiano

combusche said:
to elucidate:

the question (roughly) - is watercuring abv useful?
the irrelevant conclusion - plants need minerals.

huh?

elaborate elucidation of the flawed argument and where it broke down:

premise 1. plants such as marijuana need minerals to GROW.
premise 2. humans need minerals.
premise 3. watercuring gets rid of minerals in plants.

conclusion - watercuring results in marijuana being bad for us.

there are probably like at least 10 other implicit (and patently false) assumptions in between premise 3 and the conclusion, but i think it should be obvious that the argument is just simply not true in any sense of the word.
I see someone doesn't read there own post because that wasn't the questions you ask me, this was:

"can you back up your assertion regarding "a lot of the good minerals that your body needs to process the cannabis will be extracted"? i have never heard of such a thing as cannabis containing 'minerals' which our body needs to process cannabis."

This was also your WRONG statement about beer and it's effect on health:

"also, your statement regarding vodka and beer is also highly suspect. first of all, the truth of that statement is in question. secondly, even if it is true that beer contains SOME nutrients, i don't think people drink for that, and i don't think any significant amount of benefits can even be derived from that so the existence of whatever trace amounts of useful nutrients would be moot."

luchiano,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom