A smoother vape/smoke concentrate?

twinvipers

So first of I am a noob when it come to cannabis in general. I was looking for an alternative for my wife to help with anxiety,stress and sleep. Trying to get her off all the prescription pills she take for something, lets say healthier. So I decided vapeing is the way to go and got a Galaxy Kandy Pen. Now my question is more about the different concentrates and does one offer a smoother smoke/vape then others.
Because while I was waiting on my pen a friend gave us a Phant Electric pen with a purple candy kush cartridge. We tried it out and it worked great for the wife. That strain seemed to do the job for her so once I got my pen I got some purple candy kush shatter for it. But when she uses the pen with the shatter she almost coughs up a lung!!! And I mean after one rip it non stop coughing and can't even take another hit. And she has now tried it a few times with the same results.
So are e-cig styles smoother then shatter? How about budders? I would like to get some use out of the Galaxy pen.
Thanks for any insight on this.

twinvipers,

VAPEHUNTER

Welcome to the forum @twinvipers.
Concentrate pens can be pretty rough on the throat, unless you have water to help cool down the vapor.
Is it possible to use flowers they are a little easier on the throat when Vaping at low temps but if the "cartridge pen" was working for her that may be the best way to go. Have you ever tried edibles..in very small doses?

My wife also likes to use a little MJ for back pain, anxiety, stress, & sleep but suffers from what I call "baby throat" even low temp vapor that is barely visible makes her cough. To help her out I was getting Kiva chocolate bars, she would eat a small piece of candy and in 20-30 mins. all was better. My wife also has a very low tolerance. I would break up one 180G candy bar into about 30 pieces and she would be good for a month.

For now I'd suggest taking very small hits. try to "pulse" the button instead of holding it down.

Don't be discouraged, you've come to the right place. My wife says MJ is so much better than prescription pills.
Happy Vaping!

VAPEHUNTER,

KimDracula

When it comes to concentrate pens those cartridges are generally very smooth so if your wife likes those they should work. I never liked them because they weren't potent enough for me and the flavor wasn't there. As far as the re-loadable alternative I think the pens with the coil-less ceramic atomizers are the best for a pretty tasty low temp hit that's good to sip on rather than cloud-chase. The Kandy Pens brand has those Donut atomizers IIRC. This is what I've heard on some YouTube vids anyway. I haven't tried them myself.

KimDracula,
Reactions: waxdab23
I'm guessing your in Canada if ya have a Phant Pen, have you tried THC distillate (The Clear)? A few of my friends have a hard time taking tiny dabs without coughing, they all comment on how they barely feel the Clear in their lungs. Check out Thompson Caribou Concentrates if you have a doctors rec/mmar/mmpr etc, I haven't found better concentrates at a better price anywhere in Canada. Just go easy, the Clear is incredibly potent!

BHOmb.,

Baron23

So first of I am a noob when it come to cannabis in general. I was looking for an alternative for my wife to help with anxiety,stress and sleep. Trying to get her off all the prescription pills she take for something, lets say healthier. So I decided vapeing is the way to go and got a Galaxy Kandy Pen. Now my question is more about the different concentrates and does one offer a smoother smoke/vape then others.
Because while I was waiting on my pen a friend gave us a Phant Electric pen with a purple candy kush cartridge. We tried it out and it worked great for the wife. That strain seemed to do the job for her so once I got my pen I got some purple candy kush shatter for it. But when she uses the pen with the shatter she almost coughs up a lung!!! And I mean after one rip it non stop coughing and can't even take another hit. And she has now tried it a few times with the same results.
So are e-cig styles smoother then shatter? How about budders? I would like to get some use out of the Galaxy pen.
Thanks for any insight on this.
I have not ever vaped ejuice, but most certainly it is diluted compared to shatter/wax by whatever was used to make it thin juice (PG, VG, whatever).

My first thought when thinking about your wife's situtation, however, is the advocacy of one a board member I know for low temp concentrate vaping.

So, what temp are you running your Galaxy at? You are aware that there are three different temp settings (350° (red), 390° (green), and 430°(blue))? May I suggest trying the temp lower that currently being used unless, of course, you are already using red (which is a pretty dang cool temp).

Then there is also the tendency of folks who haven't vaped a lot to take too big of a draw because they don't feel the bite of smoke. Cut back the duration of the draws. Time it if needed. Maybe a '5 5 thousands' or some other count will help in this regard until she gets more a feel for it??

While it is possible to whip a concentrate pen to a full size water pipe, I'm not at all sure you want to get into all of that. Kind of overcomes a bit of the appeal of pens to me to hang them on all of this but we are all different.

But, KP does make a water tool (bubbler) adapter for Galaxy's:

https://kandypens.com/black-bubbler-adapter.html

And here is the Google return for vape pen blubbers that would fit on that type of adapter:

https://www.google.com/search?q=pen+vape+bubblers&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

Some of them are pricey but if willing to order from China they can be had very cheaply on DHGate:

http://www.dhgate.com/wholesale/sea...rchkey=ecig+bubbler&catalog=#Homesearch201403

Need to look around on the DHGate site as there are many listings. But nothing wrong with paying a bit more for USA purchase if you are more comfortable with that.

Best of luck...hope this was helpful.

Eatrocks

I'm guessing your in Canada if ya have a Phant Pen, have you tried THC distillate (The Clear)? A few of my friends have a hard time taking tiny dabs without coughing, they all comment on how they barely feel the Clear in their lungs. Check out Thompson Caribou Concentrates if you have a doctors rec/mmar/mmpr etc, I haven't found better concentrates at a better price anywhere in Canada. Just go easy, the Clear is incredibly potent!

Hey i like concs and clear...just had a few carts of it. Omg, u feel it so differently, not too much of a head buzz like wax, very close to an edible feeling.

Eatrocks,
Top Bottom