A MUST see..........

lwien

Two programs on CNBC:

Marijuana Industry
Marijuana USA

If you haven't seen these yet...........tune in.

lwien,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
I just set my tivo :cool: . I couldn't find "Marijuana Industry", but I think you must have been referring to "Marijuana Inc.: Inside America's Pot Industry". It's on next this Sunday at 6pm pacific. Marijuana USA is on now, but I'll tivo the 9pm version.

Thanks for the heads up!
:peace:

Stu,

Pappy

shmaporist
Just watched MJUSA. Sort of typical CNBC mixed bag. I found parts interesting but it was very disjointed (pardon the pun :p). The problem with these docs is they have competent talking heads and news crews but no writers to weave them into a thoughtful cohesive whole.

I find the only "good" documentaries on CNBC are those base on books like the Madoff doc based on Harry Markopolos' book and research.

Pappy,

lwien

Pappy said:
T...... no writers to weave them into a thoughtful cohesive whole.

A thoughtful cohesive whole is antithetical to the content of these programs, eh? :brow:

lwien,

Pappy

shmaporist
^ I thrive on good docs. This was like one of those cheap joints the dispensaries give out -- a little shaky. :lol:

Pappy,

Nycdeisel

I swear that I posted in this topic, :hmm: :o
wait, maybe this topic just got remade!

either way, Ill be looking out for these.

PS: Caught the last 10 or so minutes of Marijuana USA, was not bad from what I saw(about 10 minutes :lol: )

Nycdeisel,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
about marijuana usa:
I have been plugged into the popular media for so long, that this show had it's intended effect full on with me. the music at the end and the message was clear, "you don't have to worry, it's under control, and you'll be able to smoke someday legally, the kids have grown up!" I was tearing up, and happy.
looking at it critically won't be completely possible for another day or so, but just off-hand, i know they made it for their viewers, so it's nice they see their viewers as being interested in this. they cover a good list of the popular topics, like the cost per hour of DEA teams, and perhaps just did not cover enough how the legal pot clinic grows are drowning out the black market.

VWFringe,

mlo4sho

I love the Marijuana Industry one. I've noticed it flipping through the channels a few times and couldn't help but continue watching. Now, whenever I see it on the guide, I make sure to watch it. Seen it a few times over the years. Good stuff.

mlo4sho,
Top Bottom