A good portable vape for other herbs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splatterpop Circus

Hey folks,

I've been thinking about picking up a portable for vaping herbs like lavender, chamomile, damiana etc. I might use it for weed too eventually, but mostly I just want something to give me some flavor in public places. I've considered e-cigs but I don't wanna get into nicotine and the nicotine free stuff seems pretty iffy (I've read about it actually containing nicotine or other carcinogens)... Anyway, a stealthy portable dry herb vape like the Goboof Alfa or Pax 2 seems like a safer bet.

My main concerns are:

1. stealth - I don't wanna get people wondering what the hell I'm doing with a giant Solo or whatever.
  2. temperature - I'd prefer a wide variety of possible temps since a lot of these herbs have wildly different vape temps, or so I've read.
  3. flavor - obviously this is the main thing I'm vaping for so I'd like to, y'know, actually taste what I'm vaping.
  4. a long lasting vape - something like the Grasshopper that's mega efficient and wipes out a bowl in a handful of hits ain't gonna work for me. I want something I can suck on for a while before having to refill.
  5. price - I'm poor as crap :p
I've been thinking the Pax 2 would be ideal but since it's a bit expensive, I'm leaning toward the Alfa. But I haven't heard of anyone actually vaping these herbs with either of those, so uh, yeah, what do you guys think? Anyone have experience vaping non-weed herbs with portables? Should I reconsider nicotine-free e-juice? Am I just wasting my time and I oughtta just take up chewing gum and using vapes to get high the way God intended?

Splatterpop Circus,

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
What about the Arizer Air its sleek, it's more ecigar looking. Eventually there might be the Grasshopper but it's really not available. You have to wait 8 months or longer to get. Also the sleeker looking newer Flowermate. I don't own the Flowermate but have the Air so I can vouch for it as an excellent portable. The cost is under $200 dollars.

Last edited:

RUDE BOY

Space is the Place
for the temp range you need I'd maybe look into something like the original Davinci it can be found cheaper now, works well, temps range from room temp to 405F, has a pretty good size chamber for longer sessions or another vape with an adjustable temp instead of presets which on most herb vapes are set too high for many of those "other" herbs.

:2c: ... them's are my late late at night 'n' baked two cents. :peace:

Splatterpop Circus

What about the Arizer Air its sleek, it's more ecigar looking. Eventually there might be the Grasshopper but it's really not available. You have to wait 8 months or longer to get. Also the sleeker looking newer Flowermate. I don't own the Flowermate but have the Air so I can vouch for it as an excellent portable. The cost is under $200 dollars.
I'd consider the Flowermate, yeah, I'm just not sure about taste with it. The Air is a damn fine vape but I'd prefer something without that huge stem.
Save for the price, my recommendation is the Haze. Carry around multiple preloaded cans and you'd be set.
Hadn't thought about the Haze - that does seem like a good solution, but I've read the flavor isn't as good as the Alfa or Pax 2 so I dunno if I'd wanna spend that much. That may have only applied to older models though, been a while since I looked into the Haze and the new one seems pretty universally improved. Plus it'd let me vape wax/oil once that's an option for me. Tempting.
for the temp range you need I'd maybe look into something like the original Davinci it can be found cheaper now, works well, temps range from room temp to 405F, has a pretty good size chamber for longer sessions or another vape with an adjustable temp instead of presets which on most herb vapes are set too high for many of those "other" herbs.
Hey yeah, that's a good thought, I hadn't considered that. I've tried the Ascent and liked it okay (loved the fully adjustable temp on it, that's a great point) except for the flavor, is the flavor any better on the original? I'd guess not without the glass stem, but you never know.

Thanks folks!

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
I'd consider the Flowermate, yeah, I'm just not sure about taste with it. The Air is a damn fine vape but I'd prefer something without that huge stem.
I was quite impressed with the flowermate's taste and performance. I actually found myself reaching for the Flowermate over the Arizer Air on a recent trip to Europe (which I was completely not expecting).

Hey yeah, that's a good thought, I hadn't considered that. I've tried the Ascent and liked it okay (loved the fully adjustable temp on it, that's a great point) except for the flavor, is the flavor any better on the original? I'd guess not without the glass stem, but you never know.
The Ascent is one of the best tasting vaporizers I own. It's a PITA to use (in my experience) so I don't use it often, but when I want to really taste the herb in the 330 to 360F range, I usually reach for my Ascent.

Never used the original Davinci, so I can't compare the two.

Still, I'm not a big fan of the Ascent overall - it's slow to use (normally would take 25 minutes for a session), has a huge oven, and requires quite a bit of regular cleaning to keep the odor down. It's a good vape, but not for the $250 I paid.

Not really sure what vape I'd recommend for you. I don't have experience vaping other herbs enough to know how they'd work in the vapes I use.

Dopeydiver

I'm with DDave on the recommendation for the Haze. Flavor is exquisite at 1 or 2. Efficiency is off the chart, and it will do flower, oil/wax, or juice. The pay it forward program allows it to be upgraded indefinitely, and it has a 10 year warranty. Very pleased with it.

I would try to find a used Haze for cheap.

virtualpurple

The Haze is a great all around unit that would work great, but it is a little over your stated budget.

For what you're requesting I would recommend the flowermate PRO. This vape can hold a large amount of herb, has a long battery life, and also has the widest temperature control of any portable I've seen.

To echo what Ratchett is saying, I chose the flowermate for my trip to Portland because of the features I described above. I find myself reaching for the flowermate often when I need a solid portable.

And the price is great, I have a rep at SMISS that has always taken great care of me and anyone else I've steered her direction. You get a ribeye steak on a hamburger budget. The wait from China is the only drawback I've experienced really.

Be mindful that the flowermate has a few different versions, but I would recommend the PRO because of the digital temp control so that you can tailor your temp for your different herbs.

Splatterpop Circus

Thanks guys! I'm still not 100% but I think I'll either get a Flowermate Pro or just go the e-cig route. Thanks again for all the help :)

Splatterpop Circus,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom