A few questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prankster

This is a suggestion and it mainly comes because I am interested in a new vape. And to find all these answers I would need to filter thru tons of posts. I suggest a Post of polled reviews 1 post with one poll for each vape as they surface with these ten questions in a 1-10 scale. I would lock the thread so that only the moderator can add posts when new vapes hit the market.

I do not think you realize just how important this forum is. Before I bought this vape there was no fuckcombustion.com so all i could go by was the manufacturer hype I would have given my eye teeth to have had some way to gauge performance. Now there is FC.com with a lot of opinions but you really really have to spend a ton of time trying to get the info you need out of the sometimes hijacked threads.

So I propose a Poll 10 questions on a 1-5 scale one Poll per vape

Name of Vape:

length of ownership 1 2 3 4 5
< 6M 6M- 1yr > 1yr >2yr Too damn long

Heat up time 1 2 3 4 5
(from cold) <3min <10m <20m <40m Omg its not
hot yet!

Wattage 1 2 3 4 5
(Avg) <10 10-50 50-100 >100 No Idea.

Ease of loading 1 2 3 4 5

Learning curve 1 2 3 4 5
none PHD

Ease of Combustion 1 2 3 4 5
cant wont have I smell Call
combust combust to try Smoke 911

Stealthy 1 2 3 4 5
I'm in Hide it pretty not to what I don't
Cell #5 in a safe noticeable bad see anything?

Reliability 1 2 3 4 5
never works always works

Perceived 1 2 3 4 5
Safety Hazardous Safe

Bang for 1 2 3 4 5
Your Buck not much of Best thing since
a deal sliced bread
-------------------------------------------

Anyway if the mods could make a sticky poll you would find way less in the way of stupid questions and probably drive a lot more feedback to the forum.

Now if you cant code it multiple polls for some reason I would make a forum header and give each vape one post with the poll and allow people to write their reviews in a standard format to post under each. Those polls that aren't in the format get deleted so you don't have as much thread hijacking.

Prankster,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
not to hijack the thread (who me?) or anything, a couple of comments:

Heat up Time: 20 seconds is not adequately represented by <3 min

Wattage: how is battery powered considered?

Ease of Loading: is "1" good or bad?

Ease of Combusting: what about user selectable temperature and digitally controlled?

Hippie Dickie,

max

Out to lunch
Just a comment on your statement-

"Before I bought this vape there was no fuckcombustion.com so all i could go by was the manufacturer hype"

I bought quite a few vapes before FC existed and found user info and reviews on each one before buying. You imply that it is and has been the only source of user info on vapes. There are other forums with very useful owner info on vapes and some have been around for years. Vaporinfo was the original 'vapor only' forum and although it's dead in the water now, there's still a lot of useful info there. Other mj forums have vaporizer sections or sub forums with vape threads that include user reviews. For those willing to spend the time and do a little digging, the info is available both here and elsewhere. Although I feel sure that ideas like yours have merit and will be used sooner or later, diluting reviews down to a numbers game can leave out valuable info sometimes.

max,

lwien

Prankster said:
I do not think you realize just how important this forum is. Before I bought this vape there was no fuckcombustion.com so all i could go by was the manufacturer hype I would have given my eye teeth to have had some way to gauge performance. Now there is FC.com with a lot of opinions but you really really have to spend a ton of time trying to get the info you need out of the sometimes hijacked threads.
Prankster, while I appreciate the time and effort you put into your post here, I don't think polls are the way to go.

I do think that just about everyone here DOES realize just how important this forum is, for it is the best resource for vaporizers on the net. But there really is a value in spending the time reading thru these threads. Not only do you get a wealth of information on the various vapes and their use, but you also get to interact with the members here, which you can't do in a poll. And regarding the hijacking, for the most part, it's just banter between members and thru that banter, not only can it be entertaining, but you can also get an idea of what that person is all about and let it add or take away weight from their subsequent comments.

Those polls that you suggest would take a ton of maintenance from the mods and regarding your comment about stupid questions, it's been my experience that the only questions that may seem stupid to you are the ones that you already know the answers to, and the ones that are valid are the ones that you don't know the answers to.

Personally, I like the site just the way it is, imho.

lwien,

vap999

I think these products are too complex and need to be discussed and reviewed in text format. And practically, a poll would be very difficult to do. For example, with FC members all anonymous, there would be no way of stopping gaming of the system (vendors and others signing up with multiple accounts to add their input). But I can appreciate that there is a need for a Consumers Reports-type information resource providing convenient ratings and comparisons for those not wanting or having the time to wade through 100s of FC postings.

FC management would need to make some hard decisions before instituting a product ranking system or poll. Do they want to keep this a discussion forum among primarily hard-core vaporizer users, or do they want to appeal to and serve the needs of the broader cannabis (and other vaporized herb) consumer community?

There are a number of alternatives to a poll. These could include someone (or multiple people independently) compiling selected FC user reviews in their own FC threads or at a dedicated Web site(s); expansion of the Vaporpedia, perhaps with selected FC user reviews/commentary appended after each entry; etc.

vap999,

Prankster

In response.
Hippie Dickie
The poll was an example of the questions to ask. I wold have put that on the OP but i thought it was pretty well a given. Wrong again it seems.

max
I can only base my ideas on my experience and in MY experience there wasent a decent quality place to find the wealth of information on vaporizers as I was able to find here. Yes of course there were other sites with some info, but mostly on one or two varieties or a line carried by a single manufacturer. A lot of the info was and still is slanted.

Iwien
Of course WE here in the forum realize FC is important. But if there were a polling/review system it would be more valuable to the folk looking for info. I am in no way suggesting that a review system poll would supplant the current threadyness hijacked or otherwise. Nor would it change the rest of the site nor would the actual poll take any Moderator interaction once it was created. the reviews on the other hand would.

vap999
Again not implying that the polling data take away from the discussion. The site would stand as it is with an addition. Gaming the system is a drawback how it would be dealt with I'll never know. As far as the FC management wont matter what direction they take they will serve everyone it's just a matter of how well you want to serve.

Anyway whatever. I dont seem to be getting a foothold here.

Prankster,

Beezleb

Rather than a survey form I would recommend that the first post of these threads contain a link to the company site, potential resellers maybe and have some genuine fact based information and helpful hints about the vape.

This post would need to be updated when appropriate. The rest of the thread is reviews and discussion.

Beezleb,

max

Out to lunch
lwien said:
But there really is a value in spending the time reading thru these threads. Not only do you get a wealth of information on the various vapes and their use, but you also get to interact with the members here, which you can't do in a poll. And regarding the hijacking, for the most part, it's just banter between members and thru that banter, not only can it be entertaining, but you can also get an idea of what that person is all about and let it add or take away weight from their subsequent comments.
Very true. A vote for a particular vape can have more or less weight, depending on who's voting.

vap999 said:
FC management would need to make some hard decisions before instituting a product ranking system or poll. Do they want to keep this a discussion forum among primarily hard-core vaporizer users, or do they want to appeal to and serve the needs of the broader cannabis (and other vaporized herb) consumer community?
Both really, but spoon feeding answers to those who know nothing about vaporizers isn't something we like to do here. We expect members to do enough reading to at least ask intelligent questions. And as lwien pointed out, if you know nothing about the person recommending a particular model, how do you know if the recommendation has merit? Saying vape XYZ is a great vape to buy doesn't mean as much if it's the only one the person has used, or if they're only able to compare it to a truly awful model.

Prankster said:
there were other sites with some info, but mostly on one or two varieties or a line carried by a single manufacturer. A lot of the info was and still is slanted.
You must have missed marijuana.com. I've been posting there for years and it's quite up to date and thorough. Quite a few knowledgeable FC members have migrated here from that forum and continue to post there. Others have joined that forum and contributed after starting out here. Some forums can be pretty biased towards one or more vapes, but you can still find some good info on some good vapes- cannabis.com, stonerforums, 420magazine.com, tokecity.com, etc. A lot of people post on multiple forums.

vtac has also started working on the idea of a 'Newbie Guide', and stickstones has posted a helpful thread in 'Ask the Vaporists' - Things to consider when purchasing your first vaporizer. So we are taking steps to help those new to the vapor world to decide on a unit that suits their needs. I'm sure some will never be satisfied, especially with the time frame, but the forum isn't a vocation for any of us, just an avocation.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom