A few questions please?

1- I now have an EZ Vape which I undertsand is a cheap ass toy as opposed to a good quaity vaoprizor. I bought it before discovering FC by way. So I am looking for a similiar type but better quality and if they work a temp read out. I smoke alone and not impresed with the volcano type vapes or the propane types, just something silimilar but better quality than what I got.

2- I notice some temps, maybe be a 5 degree diiference in either direction seems to be needed for different strains of herb, is that common?

3- So far the dispensery I go to has worked with me well as far as my needs trying out dig=ffernt strains, they al agree with my needs it;s indica not sativa. Cancer has me not hungry and in pain plus I need something easiy going down with my throat and lungs hence the ice bong. I have settled in on pre 98 bubba cush and regular bubba cush. I usualy pack the tube with what equals to about 2 single or solo bong bowl amounts. With the vape how many pure thc hits shoud that get me before reloading? Any ideas? I reaize temp plays a huge part in that as well as the color teh herb turns and I am a still socuring the searches here but figured I would squeeze that one in on you folk's in cae someone had a solid plan with the bubba kush.

4- Okay last one for now. How in the hell do you cange the tube screen? I have searched and they all seem pretty easy but i have huge hands and little paience, any tips on that?

Thanks in advanced everybody.

So Cal

Ca one percenter,

HuskerMath

All I can really answer is your fourth question - I don't know about other wands, but the one that comes with your unit can't have the filter changed. I know because I have the exact same one as you. If you look at the want, the glass is actually molded around the filter, making it impossible to change. There are cleaning strategies, though, that work very well. Just Google it.

Also, by the way, I wouldn't say that this unit is "a cheap ass toy". Is it not as good as other vapes? Of course, that's why it's under $100, but it certainly does get the job done. However, seeing as you're not smoking for leisure and instead smoking for pain relief, I can definitely see how this model isn't quite what you're looking for.

As for your third question, I can just give you an estimation out of our units: I always set mine to 310, and a wand filled 1/3 of the way up lasted me about 5-8 sessions, depending on how high I wanted to be. That translates into (ROUGHLY!) 15-24 hits. I'm still vaping some of the ABV herbs for the 10th and 11th time, and while it's not a high that's the same as when I started, it does give me quite a body high.

HuskerMath,

SF Giant

Reluctant vape collector
1. If a temp readout is a must, an extreme Q is a fairly widely recommended option. Lots of folks here (myself included) find that most temp readouts are fairly inaccurate and not necessary. If you think you could do without a digital readout, the DBV SSV and Vapor Brothers are all solid and popular whip type vaporizers. I love my SSV.
2. It mostly has to do with moisture content but once you have your particular vaporizer down temp setting becomes automatic.
3. This one is tougher as it mostly has to do with.herb strain, how fine you are grinding and temperature but assuming quality herb and average vaping temp (374 to 400 or so) you should be getting in between 10 and 20 useful hits i would think.
4. Depends on your particular vape (I am not familiar with the ez vape) but I generally use a bamboo skewer or something like a hatpin to poke down and encourage it out.
Again, my apologies for my joke in the other thread, I assumed you meant the 1% of the wealth bracket and figured i'd rile you up.....shows what I know. Good luck with your illness and future vaping. SFG
Edit: for pain relief you may want to look into concentrates (hashes and oils) and a vaporizer such as the Omicron or Thermovape Revolution. IMO concentrates are better for alot (but not all) of medicinal uses

SF Giant,

technique

1 more vote for the SSV and i agree temp readouts are a waste and will not help, the lack of one on the SSV is actually a plus point for me.

technique,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
For ease of use and minimal fuss I think the EQ is a good way to go :2c: Screens are very easy to replace as well!

J.R.R.Tokin',

Nycdeisel

Because you want something like that junky vape you already have, but a high end and high quality version, I strongly suggest a DBV(da buddha) or SSV(silver surfer).

However, even though these are not my personal favorites, i am sure you would like either because these two are the best whip type vaporizers on the market(the knock off you have is also known as a 'whip type' vape)

best of luck in making your decision! :wave:

Nycdeisel,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I haven't tried one, but you can check the FC thread about the Herbalaire, where you are able to choose and see which temperature you vaporize and it is a bit cheaper than the EQ.

vorrange,

max

Out to lunch
technique said:
....i agree temp readouts are a waste and will not help, the lack of one on the SSV is actually a plus point for me.
That's a sweeping generalization. Digital is a negative on cheap vapes, but saying it's a waste and won't help doesn't apply to high end quality models.

If the Easy Vape is a knockoff then so is every box on the market, including the Vapor Bros., since that wasn't the 1st of its kind either. The Easy Vape has been sold by respectable on-line dealers for years, at $150, and includes a 5 yr. warranty (at least at that price). It's been available for a couple of years now on eBay at under $100 prices, so I'd say it's the best bet for an ultra cheap box vape.

I'd agree with the 7th Floor recommendations. DBV if you want to save some $ and still get hands free, or SSV if you want more options on looks and a little more control over the hits.

max,
vaporisateur I had researcing all of these now plus the limk provided by you. I have searched this topic as we ll as others extensiely but felt as fast as this technology is changing I may get some cuttng edge.

Thanks to everyone that offered so may useful tips, I appreciate all the input and it is why I came here.

SF Giants we are cool i get your humor I am the same way, no worries my friend.

So Cal

Ca one percenter,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
Ca one percenter said:
vaporisateur I had researcing all of these now plus the limk provided by you. I have searched this topic as we ll as others extensiely but felt as fast as this technology is changing I may get some cuttng edge.

Sorry mate, I was trying to link you to a direct post that goes like this. Hope this helps!

1. Some people say that DB produces a higher quality vapor than the EQ, is this true?
That is not true. What J.R.R.Tokin' said is correct. As far as I am concerned, I don't use the 'elbow pack' method and I'm still getting large thick clouds like I was with my DB. The advantage with the EQ here is that it will brown your herb more evenly in the cyclone bowl and will require less stiring than the DB for the same hit results.

2. Which is more convenient? The EQ because it is more versatile (whip & bags), it has temp reading, and I find the 'handsfree' better on the EQ because there is no chance of the wand (the elbow) of getting out and falling off if your not carefull when moving the whip around. This happened to me a couple times with the DB and I actually broke a wand once.

I've watched countless videos on how both vapes work and got my hands on a friend's EQ one time. It seems like the herbs have to stay in the cyclone bowl for the EQ, and cannot be removed until the bowl is cooled down. No. You can still remove the cyclone because the top part is coated and does not get as hot and then remove the herbs if you want. But again, I don't know why you would do that.

Does this mean that the vape will keep vaporizing the herbs before it's cooled down completely? No, because as you say, it's cooling down... So no vaporization happening here.

It seems that in the DB, the herbs are left in the wand (similar to an elbow pack in the EQ), and the user can remove the herbs from the heat whenever he chooses. Does this mean the DB is more efficient since it doesn't heat your herbs when you don't want it to? No, because with the EQ you can actually leave the cyclone and herb there for a while (you could also use your remote and turn down/up the temp when needed!). I find the EQ will not heat my herb in the cyclone as much as the DB would with the wand when not in use. If I left the DB powered ON with the wand and herb in it for say 10 minutes, I would see a clear discoloration spot in the herb. I would assume the same will happen with the EQ but it would take much more time has the herb is not as close to the heating element. I've left a full cyclone a couple times for over 15 minutes with no apparent discoloration afterwards, and I was still getting the same amount of clouds.

3. Which one has more consistent temperature? I've realized the temp readouts of the EQ is more like a guideline, but I want to be sure that if can get a consistent temperature after I've found my preferred temperature. This does not mean that the EQ has to have accurate digital readouts, as long as it returns to the same (wrong) temps every time, it'll be fine.
Both have consistent temperature. The only advantage of the EQ here is the temp readout screen. Now as you say, no one really knows how the EQ reading is accurate, but once you're set on a preferred temp with a specific strain, it's much easier than just relying on a knob with no markings like the DB.

in the end, which is actually better? Is it pretty much down to personal preference?
Absolutely. They are both excellent vapes and they are based on pretty much the same concept. The EQ has obviously more technology into it. The DB is built like a tank and will last for years.

My :2c:

Vaporisateur,

fidget

Get a Q and a travel beaker and you won't go far wrong.

2nlftea.jpg

fidget,

Vaporisateur

Senior Marijuanist
^^That's exactly the size of beaker I wish I had. I love my Mobius but it's just slightly bigger than yours. Is this an HVY ?

Vaporisateur,

Nycdeisel

In fidgets post looks like an SSFG beaker. looks just like mine which is why i say that :)

Nycdeisel,
Top Bottom