A Few Questions on Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicholas Wolfwood

Hello everyone, I have been reading the board on my spare time all week and wanted to not only share my experience but ask questions after reading many good questions and advice. I'm sorry this willbe long, its like an introduction and a first post lol.

I bought a black DBV from a local headshop for $200. Ok before anyone says anything, I know that is a little on the expensive side but I bought it on impulse from a friend and the owner's word on. (The lack of shipping costs for the BDV itself, the aroma top which I got for $10, and the heat cover for $15 help equalize the price a bit). I know that seems silly but I have had a lot of experience with the owner and he will tell you straight forward what he thinks of things and doesn't put profit ahead of customer satisfaction (you attract more flies with honey than vinegar after all lol) Anyway, he had the Volcano, SSV, DBV, and quite a few others. He said my best bet, bang for buck, was the DBV so I went with it.

1) This brings me to my first question, since I bought it at a headshop, what would I do about warranty or getting replacement parts? Can I not talk to 7th Floor about it? The lady who owns it said there should be no problem and if they give me any gripe shell handle it.
Anyway, the breaking in process was not a gentle one for my DBV. We had a large number of people over, most had vape experience but not with a DBV. They all sucked in hard and fast and complained about the small hits. Every time I told them the manual said slow draws everyone said, Ive hit a vape before and during the night bud got blown in the heat cover many times. So the cover is covered in scorch marks looking on the inside but it didnt affect anything other than the aesthetics.

[Actually, I got a new heat cover this week and it looks so much more amazing with a clean clear heat cover, but I swear the hits I got off with the new heat cover the hits were so much more amazing!! I dont know why it would though.]

Over time I self taught myself how to hitting it right, with a slow pull with a rule of thumb being if I can hear the suction, its too much (Anyone agree/disagree with that? Just curious). So far only about 4 people have done the same. My little joke for it is You dont hit it. You make love to it. Treat it like you do a lady. Slow and gentle. Its a little much but its gets the point across lol. I generally get 6-8 hits per bowl after mixing it up. I dont tap the bud down because the instructions said not to but it seems people here do that anyway lol. I guess I should try it next time lol.

2) One big question I have after reading the board some is trying to harvest some wand hash as I saw it called, the idea of scraping metal on glass doesnt strike me as good idea but maybe it is fine idk for sure. If I use the pick that came with the BDV then what do I when I have all that sticky stuff on the metal poker?

3) I have some money atm and want to get something for my BDV so I was wondering what more experienced vapers would recommend. At first I thought about getting a custom wand and mouthpiece but I figure it would be harder to tell when it needs to be cleaned (and get wand hash if it is worth it) and the heat cover is covered up by the aroma top so I shouldnt bother with one of those. What I think I might get is an ice chamber, the hits are better with the new cover but also a tiny bit drier and harder to hold in a big hit. Is the ice chamber worth the 72.99 + shipping? If not then what kind of accessory should I get? Hell Maybe I should invest in a Purple Days. It does seem to have a lot of praise here and I can allow myself to splurge if it really warrants it, but I dont know if it could do anything my Buddha couldnt. This is where your experiences will pay off lol.

Here is my setup and my wand w/ whip, its 5 of surgical tubing with the ends being the original tube (the surgical tubing fits snuggly inside the original wand) The "poker" as my friends call it is there for size reference (if it even helps lol) The surgical tubing is latex based and it really doesn't acquire a taste or discoloration like the normal tubing does and to clean I just run hot water through it.

I usually clean my wand with this perfectly shaped and sized brush that came with this "locally made" cleaner they carried at my local headshop. I simply dip it in the blue solution, scrub a little, and the glass looks like new. I got it basically because I thought the tool it came with was perfect lol. But I can't collect the wand hash with this method so I may need to find another method, any ideas anyone?

My Buddha. It has a night stand dedicated to it lol, it can sit there all setup just off and when I need it I kick off my laptop and it gets the top all to itself.

Nicholas Wolfwood,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom