A Few Questions About Log Vaporizers (UD, Nano, HI)

redcon

I had previously ruled out corded vaporizers for my first vape but am reconsidering. Right now I can get the UD for about $160 and the Nano would be $190 to $200.

It isn't clear to me if the Heat Island is available or if there is still a huge wait list. Does anyone know? If there isn't a huge wait list, now does this vaporizer stack up to the Nano and UD which seem to be pretty evenly matched? I can find lots of info on the Nano and UD, but no so much on the HI.

How much larger is the bowl on the UD vs the Nano? Basically, how much longer will I be able to go between refills with the UD compared to the Nano?

Last, it seems like the stem can stay attached to the Nano, whereas with the UD it is more free-floating. If one were to leave the stem on the nano for five or so minutes between draws, would that roast the herb? In other words, can you set and forget the nano once it's loaded up, or will they both require you to remove the stem in between draws if you don't want it cooking the herb?

redcon,

little maggie

The HI has a waiting list of well over a year.
I have both e-nano and Underdog. I don't remove the stem between draws on either although herb would last longer if I did. It lasts long enough for me. I think the UD bowl is smaller but I usually use a Joda stem that works for both. You've looked at other differences between them. I like that the UD comes with so many stems. I also use it for essential oils and leave it on for hours.

redcon

The HI has a waiting list of well over a year.
I have both e-nano and Underdog. I don't remove the stem between draws on either although herb would last longer if I did. It lasts long enough for me. I think the UD bowl is smaller but I usually use a Joda stem that works for both. You've looked at other differences between them. I like that the UD comes with so many stems. I also use it for essential oils and leave it on for hours.

Well I'm not waiting a year....

Other than the variable voltage on the Nano and the extra accessories on the UD, is there any reason you would choose one over the other?

Are you saying that the stem basically stays firm in the UD? Because according to their website and the videos I have seen, it seems like the stems fit loosely and would fall out if not supported by a second hand.

Do you have any experience with the Hammer Pro? THat is the third outlier I am considering.

redcon,

little maggie

? On my UD the stems stay are very firm when upright. But both of them need to be held if upside down. I mostly use water and they are both attached upside down to a bubbler. It's easy to lift the vapes off between draws if you want to. I can't say which I would recommend- you can get temp control for the UD and extra stems for the e-nano. I don't have a good reason but I tend to use the UD more.
As for the Hammer Pro, I had one for a while and donated it.

little maggie,
Reactions: j-bug

DieHard

Accessory supplier
Accessory Maker
I have an Enano, and 5 UDs. They all are really excellent vapes. I am on the HI list, my name comes up soon I think. I have mostly used the UD as is but I have recently received my Battery VoltageKeeper to play with. If you are looking for the ability to control the power right out of the box then the Enano is the way to go. That said, the UD works great by adjusting screen placement and draw speed.

j-bug

Do you want a vape made by a man who loves what he's doing and has excellent customer service and where each vape is its own little piece of art with no two vapes exactly the same? Or do you want something with a more standardized set up from a relatively larger company? They are both excellent vapes. I went with the underdog because the customer service of Underdog and Underdoggette and their level of engagement with the community here the individual and unique nature of every dog was also a selling point for me. I think most every other difference between them is relatively small. You can easily get a vvps or a dimmer for the underdog or get more stems for the e-nano, and those are the main out of the box technical differences. Both can be left on 24/7 and I think both can be used for aromatherapy with an addon. Both are excellent vapes and I think either option will leave you with a vape you'll love.

j-bug,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

virtualpurple

I believe that the Enano also has very good customer service from everything I've seen from the boards.

However, I own several underdogs. One that I purchased about a year ago, and the other I won as a contest. I have gotten amazing service from @underdog and @underdogette from the time I sent out my feelers. I would not hesitate to purchase from them again!

I also love the craftsmanship. I am the only member of my family that vapes, but I am strongly considering purchasing an underdog for my folks where they live for the aromatherapy cups because they work so great. And of course...that would serve me when visiting....so...bonus!

I do not own a HI, but Alan's work is pretty highly regarded, and I do have a pending order with him for some roasting tubes!

CarolKing

Singer of songs and a vapor connoisseur
I don't have a UD but I have 2 Enanos. Love the craftsmanship and the taste of the nano. It responds fairly quickly when I change my temp if the cannabis requires less or more heat. I have been a happy customer. Contact @ACE OF VAPE Andy will treat you right. He will answer any questions.

CarolKing,
Reactions: btka

killick

But I like it!
The best place to get an HI is in the classifieds. Thats where I got mine when my order went in, and when I'm 'up' this one will be back in the classifieds. It's a pretty great piece of kit. teeny so takes up no space, and always on so you can have a draw at your leisure while you figure out what to do with your day. Right now I'm grinding a days worth of herb to hit the trail, but HI has been keeping up with me and helping me plan ;)

nacho257

Nothing against the nano, but to reiterate the customer service of UD is beyond anything you'd ever expect. For the price difference, you could also easily get a VVPS for the underdog. I have a scientific one that I quite enjoy.

redcon

For anyone interested, I ordered a birchwood air core underdog. For all of the reasons others have already mentioned. @underdog and @underdogette were both extremely helpful and timely in their responses. Shipped to my door with four stems for $158. Ordered late last night and it's already in the mail today. I plan on creating a separate thread to give them the proper positive feedback that they deserve.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
E-Nano customer service is perfect...but nothing will really ever go wrong with your Nano. Andy is a one man company for the most part, and he's pretty involved with the forum, adding tips every now and then when he finds them.
Not only that, the E-Nano community is wonderfully active, and not a day of boredom goes by on that thread. Plus Nano Nation is filled with very kind individuals who will always help.

I believe I heard the Nano heats up faster than the UD...I can go from cold to vapor in 3 minutes if I really wanted to, but mine is on 24/7

AJS,
Reactions: killick
Top Bottom