99 Percent Iso Alcohol

Status
Not open for further replies.

HeMe Bebop

Hello FC Community,

This is my first post after around six weeks of lurking about on the FC forum :ninja:. I currently have a Vaporgenie and am 4 weeks into waiting to get the highly acclaimed PD.

I am wondering about what iso alcohol to use in order to clean my PD stems in the future. I have heard ISO (and everclear if you can get it) is great for cleaning the stems. The only ISO that is available in my store is 99 percent and 70 percent so I went with the 99 percent.

Should I water down my 99 percent iso to about 90 percent, or is stronger iso better for cleaning? Also do you have any preferences when it comes to the strength of ISO to use? Thanks!

HeMe Bebop,

Rico420

99% iso is the best for dissolving organic oils, ie cannabis oils. Any water present in the iso will only pull unwanted crap into your end product. Cannabinoids are oils and will not dissolve in water, also im pretty sure that having water in your iso will lower the solubility of the cananbinoids making it less efficient. I rencetly (today) just got a liter each of 99% iso and 99% acetone that is extremely pure. Im going to make some hash oil and hopefully will take pics and post the process on FC.

Cheers, and good thinking with the PD. I have a Woodeez, log vapes are the shit! They save a ton of herb and give you nice hits.

Rico420,

HeMe Bebop

Thanks Rico, that definitely answers my question, although I am NOT making ISO hash :lol:. There are so many posts on here that talk about cleaning with >99% I was wondering if there was something to it.

If I ever build up a tolerance Ill try my hand at ISO hash =]. I have a friend who makes it with butane and he could probably show me how it's done in person.

HeMe Bebop,

VWFringe

Naruto Fan
if it's vape oil in the ISO you can dry onto a pinch of ABV then re-vape. That's what I do when i clean, but I re-use the ISO several times and warm it on low in the microwave each use, makes it quicker.

*Cowboy BeeBop, yeah!

VWFringe,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom