99% iso soak?

Rhino420

hey guys, i'm curious to know if it is ok to use 99% isopropyl alcohol to kind of pour in those plastic little 1 gram clear screw top containers that they sometimes have at dispensaries here in southern California? i'm thinking it should be safe since the alcohol doesn't mess with the plastic bottle it comes in. but I thought i'd be safe, and ask since i'm going to be inhaling this stuff. (I hope)

I have quite a few and most of the time I never get it all the good stuff out of there. i'm planning on just kind of pouring some alcohol in the containers, then pouring that into a flat glass dish. let it evaporate and reclaim...

anybody know of a better way to get this stuff out of the plastic containers?

thanks guys

-ryan

Rhino420,

Outlaw Farmer

Stealth Mode Engaged
Your method is fine for cleaning them imo. And that alcohol is pretty harmless when we talk corrosion, I can't think of anything it eats thru that doesn't have an adhesive in it.

But if it did eat holes in jars...can U ask the clinic or check online with the manufacture? Never know, it may react with the plastic for all I know. Wouldn't want plastic hardner epoxy in your wash.

Outlaw Farmer,

JCat

Accessory Maker
ISO definitely will react with plastics depending on the plastic ... and you don't want to be vaping plastic!

Caligula

Maximus
It will be fine given the short time you need to have the ISO in the container I'd think. Were only talking about a few minutes to soak after all. Also, it may be that no reaction will ever take place depending on the type of plastic they are using... no idea what those jars are made from tho.

http://www.spectrumlabs.com/dialysis/Compatibility.html

That being said, I clean my jars out all the time with this method, however I just pour some ISO in there, shake it for a minute then pour it onto Pyrex or my oil slick pad.

Edit:
Sweet, my Glad brand disposable Tupperware style containers are polypropylene (pp) and are thus recommend for storing pure ISO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom