SideKick by Elev8 Vehicles

Choices

Mine arrived with one having a broken latch on the bottom battery area such that it has to be held on at all times or else everything falls out. The other had a broken partial length mouthpiece in the mouthpiece tube area with shards of glass in it as well. I think these were maybe used before. I sent the vendor a terse email asking for either a full replacement for the one with the busted latch plus a new mouthpiece. If you go ahead with purchase be forewarned it is a roll of the dice. Well off to sip on my Solo!

Last edited:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Mine arrived with one having a broken latch on the bottom battery area such that it has to be held on at all times or else everything falls out. The other had a broken partial length mouthpiece in the mouthpiece tube area with shards of glass in it as well. I think these were maybe used before. I sent the vendor a terse email asking for either a full replacement for the one with the busted latch plus a new mouthpiece. If you go ahead with purchase be forewarned it is a roll of the dice. Well off to sip on my Solo!
I'm certainly concerned. I appreciate you and @arb letting us know. I'd cancel my order, but can't figure out how to reach them, it being Saturday night.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Well the latches all work on my units and accessories all appear brand new.
The bag does fit my solo perfectly and the chargers are nice so hopefully @SSV_Steve_Elev8 ,
Will chime in and tell me what I am doing wrong........gotta be operater error for my results to be so poor.........right?

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Well the latches all work on my units and accessories all appear brand new.
The bag does fit my solo perfectly and the chargers are nice so hopefully @SSV_Steve_Elev8 ,
Will chime in and tell me what I am doing wrong........gotta be operater error for my results to be so poor.........right?
I do hope it works out for you.

Madri-Gal,
Reactions: arb

Choices

Did you get one to work if so how was it?
I decided to wait until I hear back from the vendor before I use it, especially since I would be mixing pieces from the two of them to make that happen. I have other options so I’m not in the predicament some could be put in by my situation. But that possibility for others is the reason why I wanted to put this out there. As soon as I hear word from the vendor as to how we proceed I will provide an update.

Choices

Well I decided to go ahead and at least do some burn offs. As mentioned by @arb this thing is an absolute stink bomb. I have done ten 7 minute sessions at setting 11 and this smells as bad as the Alternate first cap version if not worse. I don’t want to load it with ABV to mask the stench of the plastic. How many burnoffs have some others done? I want to like it but this is a bit much...

arb

Semi shaved ape
I am asking everyonedoesit for a return as one unit will not even power on now.......given the quality of 7th floors other products I am wondering if these units are counterfeit.
Sure would be nice for @SSV_Steve_Elev8 to chime in right about now and offer some guidance cuz something ain't right here.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I am asking everyonedoesit for a return as one unit will not even power on now.......given the quality of 7th floors other products I am wondering if these units are counterfeit.
Sure would be nice for @SSV_Steve_Elev8 to chime in right about now and offer some guidance cuz something ain't right here.
Mine were sent before I could cancel (weekend). Something doesn't sound right. @arb and @Choices, please do let us know how it gets resolved. I trust your judgement , so if you say there are problems, I know there are problems.

arb

Semi shaved ape
Just got off the phone with Sam he says they fully back these units and if there are any issues to contact customer service at elev8 and they will fix the problem.........nice.

Choices

I went ahead and put some product in the multiple burn off unit as it finally started to defunk after a few more cycles on setting 11. I have to say the taste was pretty good but I will need to do a bit more evaluating. I tapped it down and used around 0.12 g and settings 5-7.5.
Also, I heard back from EveryoneDoesIt and they are sending RMA particulars out for the broken items. I do think these are legit units, though they may be ones from Namaste’s UK and EU locales that just never sold over there and perhaps got sent back across the pond?
Glad to hear Elev8 says these are legit. If these units did sit around a bit (2+ years maybe?) couldn’t have been good for them. I think we are still in bargain land with these and for 2 for $100 I find it hard to see much out there a better value once working properly.It might take a bit to get everything good but I’m guessing it gets resolved before anything will with my SS Hopper...:lol:

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
I went ahead and put some product in the multiple burn off unit as it finally started to defunk after a few more cycles on setting 11. I have to say the taste was pretty good but I will need to do a bit more evaluating. I tapped it down and used around 0.12 g and settings 5-7.5.
Also, I heard back from EveryoneDoesIt and they are sending RMA particulars out for the broken items. I do think these are legit units, though they may be ones from Namaste’s UK and EU locales that just never sold over there and perhaps got sent back across the pond?
Glad to hear Elev8 says these are legit. If these units did sit around a bit (2+ years maybe?) couldn’t have been good for them. I think we are still in bargain land with these and for 2 for $100 I find it hard to see much out there a better value once working properly.It might take a bit to get everything good but I’m guessing it gets resolved before anything will with my SS Hopper...:lol:
Fingers crossed then. Mine have shipped. I thought it would be fun to have one for flower, one for concentrates.

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Both Sidekicks arrived last night. One didn't want to latch at first, but that could have been user error as it did latch with a later attempt. On that same one the glass stem stuck a bit, but Madri-Guy took that one, and he has no trouble pulling out the glass stem. I don't know if this is a precursor to a problem, but Madri-Guy is a good son, and took the fidgety one, so I don't need to worry.
Only my Sidekick has been tested so far, and it works great. I tend to like lower temps, so I tried it at 4, and will try lower. It isn't exactly weed sparing, but I'm the one loading it, and I might have overfilled. Madri-Guy wasn't able to test his last night, and I just sampled mine, so we shall see. So far, Madri-Guy and I are loving this deal. It's Madri-Guys first vape, and it will be interesting to see if he gets VAS.
It did pack a whollop, which surprised me as I'd been using the Super Surfer yesterday, and I expected it to seem weaker. Must be about switching it up, or a heat difference.
Anyway, it's not yet a disaster, and might be a great deal.

arb

Semi shaved ape
I took both my units and removed the batteries fully disassembled them placed them in a Ziploc fully submerged in iso and shook vigorously then rinsed well with warm water several times.
Allowed to air dry for three days put back together cranked up to 11 and no smells at all.
Things are ok with flower........not going to replace my solo but does really well with kief.
Just load the chamber let it goo up a bit and viola............success.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I took both my units and removed the batteries fully disassembled them placed them in a Ziploc fully submerged in iso and shook vigorously then rinsed well with warm water several times.
Allowed to air dry for three days put back together cranked up to 11 and no smells at all.
Things are ok with flower........not going to replace my solo but does really well with kief.
Just load the chamber let it goo up a bit and viola............success.
Sry for comming out like that ,but i thought i should share my thoughts with you.
This might have got you rid of the smells.. but think about what else happened.You have submerged the internals and dissolved all the Flux from the soldier and residue from the cables insulation and circuit boards,buttons and all the painted and plastic parts and baggie. So techincally some of that SOUP made into the heating chamber. I dont know if this unit contains capton tape inside,but if it does it also has glue on it.. I would advise anyone againts attempting this.

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape
Steve advises this in one of the many sidekick videos.........unless I imagined that or got confused.
I was hesitant to try it and definitely would not have if I had not seen that or thought I saw it..........pretty sure it was real but I could be mistaken again.

DykeWymn

I haven't been here since I got my first generation Sidekick Feb 2,2016, I really wanted to love the sidekick like I love my SSV. Alas, twas not to be and ultimately I sent it back with a full refund sent back to me by those fine folks without any issues. I still love my SSV, so much so I got a second one for backup/camping etc.. I have found the answer to out and about vaping without batteries and it actually works very well, I can blow fairly large clouds and not a single battery was depleted. If you are still looking for a portable vaporizer that can really perform check out the DynaVap, I love mine after a very short time to learn how to operate well, the DV has really impressed me. Simple and easy seems to be the better way for me and I believe that I have found the 2 devices I will use till I pass them on in my will to my child/grandchildren. Both are just that good!!

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Unfortunately I've still never tried one of these, but perhaps one of you would like to create a new thread for it here (just paste link to this old thread at the top of the new one)
https://newfuckcombustion.com/index.php?forums/upcoming-unreleased-portables.33/
So mods can then move it to the main section and close this one... I'm not active enough in this thread, otherwise I would do it myself!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

kadjo

Has anyone used this device? I see a lot of reviews for the original Sidekick but nothing when I search specifically for Sidekick V2?

Even here on FC in the sidekick thread the comments die after someone asks about the v2.

Was thinking of adding one to collection as all my 7th floor vapes are solid.

Wanted to hear some feedback before grabbing one. The v1 seemed too plagued with issues to buy, but as 7th floor are great with innovation and customer service, I wanna believe they made the v2 a sneaky great vape!

Looking forward to any feedback.

Last edited:

vaporbrothers

Manufacturer
Here's solid feedback since I use both. Elev8 people can probably confirm for sure, but here are the differences I see:
1- Both top and bottom pieces both got improved slightly to be fit on and off more easily. The V1 parts sometimes get jammed or come off too easily.
2- V2 uses one big 18650 battery whereas the V1 requires you to use two 18350 in series. You have to charge and use the two batteries together so that they age the same. A V2 lost voltage on me sooner than i expected once or twice on a camping trip, but overall i think it's meant to last much longer than the V1

I don't know of any other differences- I think that's all the Elev8 folks told me was the difference. I have zero issues with either model and use them almost exclusively when I want to use a portable. I use Sidekick because I get actual hits instead of lame sips, it's super easy to clean out, and there is zero plastic or electronics smell. I also like stirring the bowl compulsively while I inhale.

full disclosure... I'm working with Vaporwarehouse.com and they sell both models.

Top Bottom