7th Floor Rep. Q & A

SSVAdam

Company Rep
I am starting this post as a means to answer a few questions that have been swirling around the boards lately. I am posting this as an authorized representative of 7th Floor LLC (manufacturer of both Silver Surfer Vaporizer and Da Buddha Vaporizer). I don't want to specifically call out any one in particular for things posted. I am simply here to answer posed questions to the best of my abilities and to the constraints of proper business etiquette.

So with that said fire away, and I will attempt to answer as many questions as possible.

Thank you,

Adam

Mod note: This thread is only to be used for questions directed to the 7th Floor rep. It's not for questions that should be directed to other members, nor is it for questions about how to go about sending in a unit for repair, or a complaint that something was omitted from your order. Those issues should only be brought up if you've contacted 7th Floor and haven't received a response in a reasonable time frame.

SSVAdam,

steiner666

Serial vapist
SSVAdam said:
So with that said fire away, and I will attempt to answer as many questions as possible.

Thank you,

Adam
Cool, nice to have an official 7th Floor rep around. My only real question would be about any new models or new accessories for existing models (*ahem* mini standard ssv wand ;)) that you guys have plans for in the near or distant future.

Oh, and i guess you'd be pretty qualified to answer this question i just asked other SSV users in the SSV-specific thread here:

"I have a question for everyone: How long do you leave your SSV on for between uses? As in, what do you guys think the minimum off time would be for it to be worth switching it off rather than just leaving on?"

DeepFried said:
LOL, yeah I thought this thread would be about clearing vape smells out of the air!
LOL! yeah i was fully prepared to say "it shouldnt stink, you're doin it wrong!"

BTW dont forget to bring a towel! :lol: i say that all the time to ppl. it confuses and annoys most, which is what makes it fun.

*edit* Just checked the official SSV site... WHATS LSV! TELL MORE!@

steiner666,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Welcome SSVAdam to the FC.com forum. I'm pretty sure he is legit since his email address goes to 7thfloor. I want to know more about the LSV and portable. Are they one and the same? Inquiring minds would like to know :D

stonemonkey55,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Hi Adam and welcome to FC!

Thanks for coming in to answer questions! I swear we're a nice bunch once you get to know us ;)

It's nice to have another vape company represented here, please forgive our skeptical members. We've seen quite a bit of crap around here so of course new folks get looked at hard by our regulars but only because they're trying to protect the forum. Nice folks really!

I have an SSV and it's an awesome vape, would love to hear more about the portable too :D Thanks!

Lo,

SSVAdam

Company Rep
I have been with the company for approximately 2 1/2 years.

I am not typically acting PR Rep, but the owner has asked me to come here and address some issues brought up by the community.

I generally hold the position of office manager and IT administrator. Along with a slew of other random tasks.

In the current state of development our next major offering to the market would more appropriately be referred to as a handheld model than portable. But that is only the current iteration of design.

In regards to offering a mini-whip, it is something we have produced very limitedly in the past, we are always willing to make them, just with the shear number of glass pieces we are producing daily to keep up with production of our standard products it is hard to find the available glassblower to do them.

As to how long between vape sessions justifying turning the unit off, it really comes down to personal preference the heating element we use in the SSV and DBV, are quite durable in the realm of common usage, at the retail shop we currently have one of the original units the owner built in his basement running from about 5:30 am to 11 pm everyday to test the durability of the components, and it has been running for over 6 years now. As for being worth while for turning off, what I generally do is turn down to about 10 o'clock and put the aroma top on with a scented wax in it. But the long and the short is with a max heat up time of under 5 mins, there isn't a real risk of being with out the SSV for too long.

I appreciate the warm welcome to the forum, and hope this can be a mutually beneficial relationship.

Ride the Wave...

Thanks for the heads up Tom, I have sent a message to VTac.

SSVAdam,

2clicker

Observer
are custom/smaller wands/covers available for the SSV and DBV if youve got cash?

i would love a wand/cover combo for my DBV about half the size of the stock setup.

2clicker,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
Prowd owner of a DBV .... good to see a 7th floor rep here .... Need more information on the LSV :brow:
Release dates, type of vaporization system etc.

audiodelic,

toxicc

E11001420
I have a Da Buddha vaporizer and love it. One aspect that have been discussed here is the change from "Made in USA" to something like "Made of foreign and domestic parts, Finished and tested in the USA". Mine is made in USA but a lot of people are wondering what parts are still made in USA. I suppose the glass is still the same made in your shop. Is the aluminium housing still made in USA? Soldering the few electronic parts in China but the whole assembled in USA?

Also, it would be nice if you would sell metal bases for Da Buddha. I know you sell the buddha with a plastic base to be able to sell it at a lower price, but it might not be too much work producing some metal ones as they are just circles. Even if they would only be available in silver and black that would be great for people that want to pimp their buddha a little.

toxicc,

Beezleb

Welcome and hope to see you become a regular.

Proud Da Buddha owner and as such more than a few friends have bought one as well. I would love to see a mini whip and two piece whip offered for the DBV. We have wide range of vapist here. Some like the regular DBV draws and others want more economy. Satisfying those taste would be very welcome.

Beezleb,

Pappy

shmaporist
Beezleb said:

Proud Da Buddha owner and as such more than a few friends have bought one as well. I would love to see a mini whip and two piece whip offered for the DBV. We have wide range of vapist here. Some like the regular DBV draws and others want more economy. Satisfying those taste would be very welcome.
Beez,
You may want to try putting an elbow screen from the EQV in the wand of DBV. That essentially makes it a mini-whip. ;)

Pappy,

2clicker

Observer
Pappy said:
Beezleb said:

Beez,
You may want to try putting an elbow screen from the EQV in the wand of DBV. That essentially makes it a mini-whip. ;)
are you talking about the "dome screen"? how does this work...? got any pics?

EDIT* after looking at the EQV replacement parts i see how the dome screen would work on the DBV wand, but wouldnt that put the herb too close to the element? or would turning the temp down a bit remedy that?

thanks for the great idea

2clicker,

SSVAdam

Company Rep
DevoTheStrange.. I have never had that issue with mine, and to the best of my knowledge that is a new issue, does the dimmer control have any issues with traveling beyond the normal range of off to full power? The only thing I could think of is a dead spot has developed in the temperature control and by moving to off and then back to a similar spot you are avoiding the dead spot, but that is just an educated guess without hands on testing.

SSVAdam,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
SSVAdam said:
DevoTheStrange.. I have never had that issue with mine, and to the best of my knowledge that is a new issue, does the dimmer control have any issues with traveling beyond the normal range of off to full power? The only thing I could think of is a dead spot has developed in the temperature control and by moving to off and then back to a similar spot you are avoiding the dead spot, but that is just an educated guess without hands on testing.
I have had to add a paper shim to my knob so there is no play on the dimmer switch.
Usually when it happens I will have used it several times and maybe left on for 2 or so hours.
I don't touch the knob for the day once I have it set... I will have a couple of bowls, come in a for another at about the 2 hour mark... and its dead cold, the little orange light is also off. Knob/dimmer switch still in same position... will move it left or right and nothing... not until I turn it completely off and then switch it back on will it heat up.
And like I said.. this happens totally randomly, usually once a month. I have not been able to reproduce what happens by playing with the knob.

DevoTheStrange,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Ive got a question - Does 7th Floor plan to produce any more of the Mind Eraser (or other 'custom' SSVs?)
That thing just blows my noggin...:o

AGBeer,

SSVAdam

Company Rep
AGBeer said:
Ive got a question - Does 7th Floor plan to produce any more of the Mind Eraser (or other 'custom' SSVs?)
That thing just blows my noggin...:o
We would love to produce the Mind eraser more, but unfortunately we were having some issues with our Laser engraver, and the mind eraser is literally a 7 to 8 hour process to complete, so in the course of completing one, the tube may have an imperfection, or the laser would be jarred off position, and the unit would be forced to the blemished pile.

In regards to more customization all I can say right now is we have looked into Sublimation, and have sent a few housings out for testing, so as soon as I can, I will post up some photos of those.

SSVAdam,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Do you guys use different heating elements in different style SSVs, or have there been changes recently in the type of elements used? i ask because i've noticed some SSVs have longer/taller elements than others, and some glow brightly when at vaping temp, while others barely glow at all at vape temps. they were all bought recently too.

steiner666,

2clicker

Observer
the ground glass wands for the SSV are the same as the da buddha wands, but with a little color correct?

and am i to assume the spherical ground glass cover/wand combo will also work for the da buddha?

thanks adam

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
Pappy said:
Here you go... You can lower the temp. Uses 1/3 of the capacity and produces 2/3 fewer hits.
http://img.skitch.com/20100819-e6tq7q5fkg2r63kqn6h57wqy33.jpg

after having tried this id say it works pretty well. my only problem, and it is a PITA, is that when the Buddha wand is pushed in all the way (sealed) the outside rim of the arizer screen catches the inside surface of the heater cover. and when pulling the wand out the screen gets stuck in the heater cover. this has happened to me 3 times and every time the material has fallen into the heater cover getting burned and smoking. i have tried to mod the screen to where it would stay put in the wand better, but to no avail. if you pay close attention to how far the wand is in the heater cover you can successfully get solid hits, but its high maint. ive been thinking about maybe trying to remove a lil of the material from the rim of the screen. that way when the wand is pushed into the heater cover all the way, the screen lip doesnt come into contact at all with the heater cover. i think this would work very well but may be a bit much for its purpose.

ive been using the screens mostly for vaping wand hash or kief. aside from having to really watch the screen it works well. then i can just pop it off and use the wand like normal.

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
2clicker said:
Pappy said:
Here you go... You can lower the temp. Uses 1/3 of the capacity and produces 2/3 fewer hits.
http://img.skitch.com/20100819-e6tq7q5fkg2r63kqn6h57wqy33.jpg

after having tried this id say it works pretty well. my only problem, and it is a PITA, is that when the Buddha wand is pushed in all the way (sealed) the outside rim of the arizer screen catches the inside surface of the heater cover. and when pulling the wand out the screen gets stuck in the heater cover. this has happened to me 3 times and every time the material has fallen into the heater cover getting burned and smoking. i have tried to mod the screen to where it would stay put in the wand better, but to no avail. if you pay close attention to how far the wand is in the heater cover you can successfully get solid hits, but its high maint. ive been thinking about maybe trying to remove a lil of the material from the rim of the screen. that way when the wand is pushed into the heater cover all the way, the screen lip doesnt come into contact at all with the heater cover. i think this would work very well but may be a bit much for its purpose.

ive been using the screens mostly for vaping wand hash or kief. aside from having to really watch the screen it works well. then i can just pop it off and use the wand like normal.
I view it as a workaround. Actually, I like the load size of DBV's wand. It provides 10-12 hits on .20-.25g. With my meds after 3-4 rips I'll put it down and resume later.

Pappy,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Hey Adam,

Can you give us some sort of an update as for as to what is happening over at 7th Floor?
There (appear to be) some unanswered questions here, and now it appears that some of our trusted vendors are running 'low on 7th floor stock' or have common units now on backorder.

AGBeer,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
Hey I know this has been mentioned a few times but I seriously think you guys should look at investing more in producing mini-whips than the extra-large ones if possible. I'm sure the fattys give out beautiful hits, but many people using vapourisers are interested in efficiency, and the mini-whip gives the big-hitter of the vape world the one thing it seems to be missing.

After reading many testimonials of regular SSV users on here saying they now use their mini-whip about 5 times more regularly than the standard one, I bought one too, and now almost never use the standard wand.

Understandable it's hard to find the staff/time to do this, but the market is certainly there.

On a related note do you know when there will be more custom wands/mouthpieces available on the new website?

Thanks for taking the time to come here and answer our q's :)

wilf789,

sneezyjesus

Lightly Toasted
Welcome to the forum Adam :peace:

It's great to see another manufacturer; time and time again by vape manufacturers have provided information on this forum and bolstered discussion about their products, to everyone's benefit. Happy to have another resource in the vape market!

I've used DBV many times myself and enjoy the product, best of luck in turning out some great new devices.

sneezyjesus,
Top Bottom