Life Saber (LSV) by Elev8 Vehicles

Pappy

shmaporist
SSV Chris said:
f you can find any vape on this planet that some any where close to offering what the LSV does, with the same construction quality, so many ways to use it, and with great design, then please...this is the place to show it. We really welcome that debate.
header_left.png

the-new-extreme-vaporizer.jpg

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

Your tubing can be machined for cheap with the right equipment, they don't have to be made by hand to look good, just check out these motorcycle grips that they manage to sell for $87 per pair, these are also solid billet and not just some stock aluminum tubing.

May6th2010%20147.jpg

stinkmeaner,

george

I really like how it can be used with just the ceramic heater. Good for people who still like to smoke even after trying vapor, which im sure is a big number of people.
also good for when friends come over that just like to smoke, rather than vape.

and..SSV- Does the the life saber need to be held while its in the waterpipe adapter? Will it stay in there without tipping the tube over?

george,

george

Pappy said:
SSV Chris said:
f you can find any vape on this planet that some any where close to offering what the LSV does, with the same construction quality, so many ways to use it, and with great design, then please...this is the place to show it. We really welcome that debate.
http://vapexhale.com/templates/vapexhale/images/header_left.png

I think the vapexhale is the only real competitor, though it is more expensive...it also can't be use as a butane free lighter.

The extreme q is great but it only does whips and bag. It really just depends on what the buyer wants, some may want the bag option so they go with extreme and some will want to be able to use a hakko when they want too.

george,

rayski

Gandalf said:
Can the Life Saber be used with smaller bowls such as those used in the log vapes? That would be great to have as an option, because then this unit might be able to replace a log vape, whip vape, and wand all in one.
I think the LSV has a small bowl. That's why they sell a fatty transfer wand adapter that "Holds 5X as much!". Maybe not as small as a log vape though.

I think the LSV is most like a log vape when used with the transfer wand. A corded, hand-held, small bowled vaporizer or you could say a woodless log vape.

rayski,

Vapetologist

HamsterDAMAGED
Pappy, those just don't do what ours does. Unless you buy both that is, and use lots and lots of duct tape. And the vapeexhale plastic fantastic is just a 3d rendering. Hard to have any kind of opinion on something that doesn't yet exist.

The LSV can probably be used on some glass bowls without an adapter, but its impossible to tell until you pair the two.

Solid billet would have been useless for our needs...Those bar ends are $87, and don't have a vaporizer inside them! They also have ~1/3 less diameter, which is a huge amount of metal. Just because it has holes and is metal, does not make it comparable.

Vapetologist,

2clicker

Observer
regardless of what billet items stink posted, the drilled tubing you guys are using on this vape could be made exaclty the same for much less. i think thats what people are saying here. it just seems like extra work to drill each hole by hand... i dont know maybe thats just me.

oh and i have tried to contact you guys numerous times through the SSV and DBV site about having some glass made and have received no responses... :uhoh:

2clicker,

Pappy

shmaporist
Personally, I happen to think my Da Buddha is sexier than my iMac with her big round hole that I stick my 3 foot whip in! I pull it out and suck, and eh -- Come to think of it, the head designers at 7th Floor have a big thing for holes and wands! :D

Pappy,

stinkmeaner

SSV Chris said:
Solid billet would have been useless for our needs...Those bar ends are $87, and don't have a vaporizer inside them! They also have ~1/3 less diameter, which is a huge amount of metal. Just because it has holes and is metal, does not make it comparable.

Not to be rude but did you read what I said? Here is my quote
stinkmeaner said:
ust check out these motorcycle grips that they manage to sell for $87 per pair, these are also solid billet and not just some stock aluminum tubing.
This clearly implies that Billet cost more and is harder to machine, it was a cost comparison figure for a design which would clearly cost more than the drilled end piece of the LSV and there are two for $87, I did NOT say that it is what you need billet in the LSV.

But while we are at it, what exactly do you mean by a "Vaporizer inside them!"? I think you are over estimating your design because I see nothing more than a soldering iron element/cartridge heater & a light dimmer, I could pick these up retail for nest to nothing, maybe $30-40 tops.

I know my post and many other posts must seem harsh and like we are on a witch hunt but you have to realize that there are people on this board that have an actual education so you can't come on here and pour honey all over the floor and expect us to lap it up, I can't see anything complicated or innovative about any of your products, I mean you still use a stick element inside a glass tube and you still haven't even figured out a way to keep your heater covers on without using some bent metal shim.

stinkmeaner,
stinkmeaner said:
SSV Chris said:

Not to be rude but did you read what I said? Here is my quote
stinkmeaner said:
ust check out these motorcycle grips that they manage to sell for $87 per pair, these are also solid billet and not just some stock aluminum tubing.
This clearly implies that Billet cost more and is harder to machine, it was a cost comparison figure for a design which would clearly cost more than the drilled end piece of the LSV and there are two for $87, I did NOT say that it is what you need billet in the LSV.

But while we are at it, what exactly do you mean by a "Vaporizer inside them!"? I think you are over estimating your design because I see nothing more than a soldering iron element/cartridge heater & a light dimmer, I could pick these up retail for nest to nothing, maybe $30-40 tops.

I know my post and many other posts must seem harsh and like we are on a witch hunt but you have to realize that there are people on this board that have an actual education so you can't come on here and pour honey all over the floor and expect us to lap it up, I can't see anything complicated or innovative about any of your products, I mean you still use a stick element inside a glass tube and you still haven't even figured out a way to keep your heater covers on without using some bent metal shim.

Stinky, you are the shit. You're calling a spade a low down dirty lying Communist spade - but your points are all valid, and we on this site have a tendency to not be bowled over easily by supposedly new designs repackaging old concepts.

charliedontsurf,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Holy crap guys, how about a little bit of civility and respect. Just when the 7th floor folks come back, you decide to attack and ridicule every post they make. Nobody has even reviewed the freakin' thing yet!!! I mean, I am hesitant as well, and my money is reserved for the Vapexhale, but just because the Vapexhale looks amazing doesn't mean every other vape that comes along should be discounted.

Now please don't attack me, all the negative points that have been raised are very valid and good points. But I am sick of coming to this thread to see people just bash Chris rather than talking about anything of substance.:2c:

ShadowLink12,

stinkmeaner

I don't think anyone is intentionally being uncivil to the guy but these SSV guys don't answer questions, they just beat around the bush and make excuses. If anything we are bring perfect angels considering the patronizing and taking our questions out of context.

I wanted to add an example of unethical business practices, we have been asking a question as to where these products are made since they say "Made in USA" on their website(s) In fact they don't just mention it but instead they go into great detail of the importance of American manufacturing and how toxic other vaporizers are, ironically though, all along their products were not even being made here.

Shadowlink,
please don't think I am attacking you but your post doesn't bring much to the table but criticizing us, this is a discussion forum and we are debating on subjects and products, not attacking SSV customer service. I will tell you what makes matters worse in these threads is how they get blown out of proportion when a post containing touchy questions (like mine) is then followed up with a couple posts (like yours) you wrote, all of the sudden it gets way off topic and the original question is lost in the frenzy of people taking sides and all the other mayhem. We do have moderators that will step in if things get crazy and it is amazing how good of a job they do compared to other boards, heck I can think of one MJ board that really has nothing but millions of useless forum posts that read "Nice Glass" or "Awesome Unit"

stinkmeaner,

Pappy

shmaporist
Last night Chris was being jocular with us and we with him. We were bonding! ;)

Pappy,

ShadowLink12

Activist
Pappy said:
Last night Chris was being jocular with us and we with him. We were bonding! ;)

There we go Pappy! Lets just keep is lighthearted, and remember that a lot of work goes into bringing a new product to market, and when phrased right our criticism can be advice.

To get back on track, anyone take the plunge yet so they can give us a review?

ShadowLink12,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I think this issue is fairly simple...if you like the product and like the price, buy it when its available

I you don't like the product and you don't like the price....don't buy it.

We don't really need big long arguments over whether or not its a good product or too expensive. We all know this device will work, we aren't questioning that. To me, this thread has just been people bitching and moaning about something they feel is too expensive, which is fine, but you don't need to bitch about it. Just...DONT BUY IT! Vote with your wallet.

Also, people seem to be vary judgmental about this product especially compared to the VXC...but 7th floor makes a point. Neither products are out for use yet and its really really really unfair to say that one is better then the other. Its actually just kind of stupid. You could swear by some posts that people already have used the VXC, but obviously they haven't.

finchrock24,

aesthyrian

Blaaaaah
Pappy said:
SSV Chris said:
http://vapexhale.com/templates/vapexhale/images/header_left.png
http://arizer.com/store/21-72-thickbox/the-new-extreme-vaporizer.jpg

Neither one of those do everything the LSV does.

finchrock24 said:
Also, people seem to be vary judgmental about this product especially compared to the VXC...but 7th floor makes a point. Neither products are out for use yet and its really really really unfair to say that one is better then the other. Its actually just kind of stupid. You could swear by some posts that people already have used the VXC, but obviously they haven't.

Actually, you can buy a LSV, that was Chris' point. Compare that rendered image of a VXC with a physical LSV, because that's your options until it's available for purchase. Until then comparisons are rather pointless. But yeah, buy it or don't. Seems like most of you already made up your mind before trying the thing and now you just need everyone to know how you feel.

aesthyrian,

2clicker

Observer
finchrock24 said:
To me, this thread has just been people bitching and moaning about something they feel is too expensive, which is fine, but you don't need to bitch about it. Just...DONT BUY IT! Vote with your wallet.

this thread isnt people just bitching. its people discussing a new product and the company who makes that products business practices.

and what do you do? you make a post complaining about people complaining... :uhoh:

^^^^this wasnt a complaint btw^^^^^ :D

people can say that no other vape can do what the LSV does until they are blue in the face, but that is simply not true. i do it every day for a fraction of the cost. it looks like a great product. im a 7th Floor fan. i own a DBV and absolutely adore it. i would totally be interested in the LSV, but im looking for function over esthitics so at the price point that the LSV is at currently, it would be complete waste of money. not to mention that it could me made for less and those savings could then be passed on to the customer. in fact you could buy a DBV and fit it into a smaller package and it would still be cheaper than the LSV.

i also understand that there is a market for this vape at this price point. and that is fine. there are people who dont mind spending the extra for something they know they are going to love. i do it all the time. im a mac user. some say i waste my money buying apple.

im fully supportive of 7th Floor pushing the industry and welcome all new products. but we are all herb nerds here so those products are all under the microscope. and that is ok.

2clicker,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
The DBV and LSV go through final assembly, testing, and quality assurance in Colorado. We are a Colorado company, and at the end of the day, we are the ones that stand behind the product.

I think this about sums up most of why I would stand behind this product if it was in my list of must haves.
American manufactured (with some foreign parts) But just because it has the 'Made In China' tag associated with it, it automatically gets a bad name. I think that 7th floor has been around a while, and when they say they keep a good QC on their 4N manufacturers, but STILL take the time to finish it here in the USA. Im willing to pay that extra $$$ for a product produced by a vape manufacturer that has a track record of putting out thus far a solid and innovative product. (Not to mention, BASED in the USA, and if not 'assembled' in the USA definitely researched and QCed in the USA.

AGBeer,

Stonebreaker6

Vulgar display of insouciance
I was pretty excited about the LSV until I started reading through this thread. Like most of the people have been saying, this looks like a skinnier, hand-held version of the SSV. I'm a happy owner of a SSV but it isn't much different than my friend's Vaporbros unit. Seems like 7th Floor is the Puff Daddy of the vape world, take an existing design, add some touch up paint, and voila "NEW VAPORIZER!"

After getting burned by my last No2 purchase, I was really looking forward to something that would blow my mind. As someone mentioned, this just looks like a VHW with a heat shield around it. I think I would still be inclined to get a VHW over this - the heating element is encapsulated in glass. Say it with me: all glass path! Based on the website, it just looks like a simple hole for the intake, 2 years to design this?!

SSV Chris said:
Pappy, those just don't do what ours does. Unless you buy both that is, and use lots and lots of duct tape. And the vapeexhale plastic fantastic is just a 3d rendering. Hard to have any kind of opinion on something that doesn't yet exist.

This, gentlemen, is a pretty dick-ish thing to say. Makes me dislike 7th Floor even more... he states you shouldn't have an opinion on a yet to be released vape and in the same sentence calls it "plastic fantastic" -- I found this picture in the VX thread, looks like they are made of the same material as the LSV, ALUMINUM. And last time I checked AL was on the periodic table with an atomic number of 13....

As much as I hate waiting for the VXC, I don't think I'll be getting a glorified herb iron with a glass sleeve over it.

With guys like BMInnovaters and the VX team doing new, great things. I think the days of the ceramic heat stick + dimmer vaporizer + generic looking housing, is coming to an end....

IMG_2082.jpg

Stonebreaker6,

george

^^That picture is great! How have i never seen it?!

I think people need to slow down with the price debate, it's something you could debate forever. People have talked about the MFLB being over priced, fact is, the price tag is well worth it for a lot of people and not for some. I think the LSV will be the same in this regard. Well worth the money for a lot of people, and not so much for others.

george,

stinkmeaner

AGBeer said:
The DBV and LSV go through final assembly, testing, and quality assurance in Colorado. We are a Colorado company, and at the end of the day, we are the ones that stand behind the product.

I think this about sums up most of why I would stand behind this product if it was in my list of must haves.
American manufactured (with some foreign parts) But just because it has the 'Made In China' tag associated with it, it automatically gets a bad name. I think that 7th floor has been around a while, and when they say they keep a good QC on their 4N manufacturers, but STILL take the time to finish it here in the USA. Im willing to pay that extra $$$ for a product produced by a vape manufacturer that has a track record of putting out thus far a solid and innovative product. (Not to mention, BASED in the USA, and if not 'assembled' in the USA definitely researched and QCed in the USA.

I think you misunderstood what the 7th Floor reps have been saying. The SSV, DBV, & LSV products are NOT American manufactured with some foreign parts, they are assembled in China with all parts being made or sourced from China, while just the glass items are made & installed in Colorado. I will point out I think they are using Chinese GONG Joints (I can tell by the shape of the Female Joint on the heater covers) So it is pretty much guaranteed that they are using Chinese glass to go along with it, I wouldn't want a Top Tier glass pipe or tube with Chinese glass or fittings but for just some small vape accessories it is not such a big deal.

Here is a picture of a Chinese tube using the same GONG joints on 7th Floor products:

10177833-2.jpg

stinkmeaner,

2clicker

Observer
stinkmeaner said:
I will point out I think they are using Chinese GONG Joints (I can tell by the shape of the Female Joint on the heater covers)

standard keck clips will not fit these joints

2clicker,
Top Bottom