510 dry herb vape

Hey

I managed to kick tobacco smoking for e-cigs some years ago, however try as I might I haven't been able to switch to vaping herb.

Living in the UK I don't have access to oils/Waxs and making them is a PIA for me.

I tried a 510 dry herb vape atty back in 2014 but it was shit - either no vape or just burnt. I figured as 4 years have past since technology has most probably moved on?

Is there a decent 519 dry herb vape on the market?

uptonogood,

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Hey

I managed to kick tobacco smoking for e-cigs some years ago, however try as I might I haven't been able to switch to vaping herb.

Living in the UK I don't have access to oils/Waxs and making them is a PIA for me.

I tried a 510 dry herb vape atty back in 2014 but it was shit - either no vape or just burnt. I figured as 4 years have past since technology has most probably moved on?

Is there a decent 519 dry herb vape on the market?

You are in luck!

As it happens there are several dry herb 510 convection vapes available. Although right now you are mostly limited to the latest from ModPod Labs.

Out this month is the StemPod by MobPod Labs. Go to https://modpodlabs.com/ to purchase.

The Splinter by RBT has been on the market for a few months. Vapefiend are the UK reseller but are currently out of stock.

There is also the iHeat by @Alan but this one has a wait list. You'll need to PM @Alan to get on the list, expect to wait for a minimum of 1yr+.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Be aware the maker of the Splinter is talking about going out of business.

Why are you looking at 510 threaded devices specifically? There are excellent on demand or session vapes that aren't 510.

sickmanfraud

Be aware the maker of the Splinter is talking about going out of business.

Why are you looking at 510 threaded devices specifically? There are excellent on demand or session vapes that aren't 510.

Actually, you are mistaken. RBT will just produce some of their vapes in China. USA made will continue to be an option, IIRC for a USA worker vs China worker just more $$.

EDIT: the splinter that I mentioned a few posts ago was sold.

MoltenTiger

Another thing that might be worth acknowledging is that with the better 510 thread herb vape experience, you're going to need a mod box that can run the appropriate firmware to drive it.

The compatibility list is pretty well the same for them all, if you have an older mod box it might need to be updated, adding to the cost.

Even still, the StemPod is probably worth looking into. The Tubo is worth a look too. I might even recommend it over the StemPod as the coils don't need to be heated to cherry red for good vapour output.... this is more desirable, beyond a potential health benefit there is the fact that there is greater temperature control at work. And likely better longevity out of the coils, however the StemPod is modular and user repairable/rebuild-able.

I'm waiting on the StemPod so I can't have any confidence in which is actually better. But I think both are very good value for money and are surely two of the best portable options at the moment.

sickmanfraud

Even still, the StemPod is probably worth looking into. The Tubo is worth a look too. I might even recommend it over the StemPod as the coils don't need to be heated to cherry red for good vapour output.... this is more desirable, beyond a potential health benefit there is the fact that there is greater temperature control at work. And likely better longevity out of the coils, however the StemPod is modular and user repairable/rebuild-able.

If a person only vapes through water (or most of the time) then the best 510 threaded vape would be the TUBOx which is a 2 piece mod where only the heater and medicine need to be above the water tool.

I enjoy my TUBOx even without water.

MoltenTiger

If a person only vapes through water (or most of the time) then the best 510 threaded vape would be the TUBOx which is a 2 piece mod where only the heater and medicine need to be above the water tool.

I enjoy my TUBOx even without water.
Yeah, I quite like the TUBOx set up. It's a great solution for vapour bongs for sure, and it's fine to use it dry too. Immense airflow. I'd think a bent stem would be best for direct hits, looking forward to repairing mine and getting to use it again.

Andreaerdna

If God is the answer, then the question is wrong
Actually, you are mistaken. RBT will just produce some of their vapes in China. USA made will continue to be an option, IIRC for a USA worker vs China worker just more $$.

EDIT: the splinter that I mentioned a few posts ago was sold.

Actually there is a talking about rbt going out of business indeed, but it is no news and it is directly from RBT himself

Last chapter is here

https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/3496/rbt-shutting-down

Andreaerdna,

sickmanfraud

This was posted after the email you quote (I believe)

Mi2 Redo
Wow! Really want to thank all of you that extended support in the past couple of days. I am busy packing and shipping and doing some making as well along the way and it is so satisfying to see some of these Mi2 beuties dropping in the mail tomorrow.

The sale has enabled me to commit to run the Splinter Z wood next week. Just a small run but it will be in exotics and thick walled German glass so it is another product in the line-up with a folks already to purchase them.

One of my fav customers asked if the 25% discount extened to the Mi1's and I replied... it does now :)

Well I am off to get some more units made / in the mail.

This is most likely the last time I will bug you on htis subject but please subscribe to the news letter on the www and read Ryan's Rants to get the latest RBT BS lol.

Peace,
Ryan

Top Bottom