2016 THC Juice - Recipes and Goals

waxdab23

Just DM'd the following to a fellow member (paraphrasing):

I feel your pain with all this THC juice stuff. I'm a noob like you and trying to learn.

I'm like you - I can't waste concentrate just for the sake of testing.

And honestly the premade solution companies seem shady to me but I could be wrong.

This shouldn't be so difficult. The prefilled carts sometimes taste and work just fine (absolute extracts, heavy hitters, bhang, erc.) Albeit with less potency and transparency of ingredients. Anyone know how some of these places make it?

I have cool things to vape concentrate with like w9, muad dib and dr dabber aura (though there's questionable info on them out there), but here's what I'm looking to accomplish...

A tank with infused THC juice that works just like nic juice and does not give off a weed smell. So in certain situations, even indoors, I can look like I'm vaping nic juice while medicating myself.

Oh, and the taste of the final product is just as important. I can live with losing the lovely cannabis taste in this scenario since I'm looking for stealth here. So I would be good with a fruity flavored mix with little to no weed taste. Taste is important as I've thrown away numerous VE and CC solutions because I couldn't handle the taste , which kinda freeks me out. Like the chemical taste in VE for instance. I don't taste any of that in my pg/vg nic juice.

So please, post your Cannajuice end goal, its conditions and your preferences. and let's exchange recipes.

Credit for this thread to @zor as it came from his idea. Perhaps this thread will grow and can be organized into a wiki.

Last edited:
waxdab23,

waxdab23

@seaofgreens I'm with you. I've read through every page of those threads and have learned a plethora of helpful information. However, I still haven't found the ideal concentrate/solution/method/tank recipes to match different goals in an esy to find format. For instance:

There may be a recommended recipe and tank /coil for:

Same want iquid, medium potency, stealth smell.

Some want potent liquid with no stealth

Some want low potency thin liquid for sub-ohming.

Now the ones looking for stealth smell need to incorporate enough flavor additive.

Finally each recipe should include solution, i.e., DIY, EJ. PM, VE, CC, the ratios and type of concentrate used and heating /dissolving/steeping method.

waxdab23,

bropoke2233

@waxdab23 manufacturers of prefilled pens are rapidly switching to cannabis distillate with reintroduced terpenes, often from fruit. this would be the "ultimate" solution to your issue. cannabis distillate is a high viscosity liquid with little to no smell and works pretty well in pens when thinned with a bit of terpenes. i find fruit terps to taste better than ejuice flavors. there is no detectable weed smell

that being said, distillate is still going for a premium right now. once the tek is widely known the price will plummet since distillate doesn't need high quality starting material for a good product, meaning that all of the high volume producers will want to turn their fan leaves into distillate. the cheapest way to produce cannabis distillate is with a short path setup but that's expensive for a consumer/hobbyist.

i guess my main point is: keep an eye out for distillate in your (legal) area. once the price drops it will be perfect for this application

bropoke2233,
Reactions: waxdab23

grnmtnvaper

My original goal was an easy way to use oil on the go. Vape pens need to be kept upright until the oil cools and it does have a slight smell although it dissipates quickly. I want to be able to get stoned but don't want to be mashed after 1 hit but don't want it to take 20 to feel any effects at all. Similar to flowers where you feel something from 1 hit and it progresses from there. After trying and experimenting with a few different mixes, ratios and equipment this is what works for me:

Equipment:

Aspire Odyssey Mini Kit $46 and had a 30% off coupon
.16 Temp control coil w/ temp set to 555 F when I used the .27ohn TC it came with I had it set to 375.
I have a pack of the 1.8 clapton coils but I love being able to pull for as long as I want without a burnt hit. The nautilis mini I used before it gave burnt hits all the time.

I have a couple of 18650 batteries. Get good quality ones. I use a nitecore intelliecharger and I have been happy with it.

Mix:

.5g shatter $15
1 ml Puff Majic Original $1
.5 ml Gentlemans Vape CBD E Liquid double strength $1

Total $17 for we-liquid + $2 a coil = $19 a tank

[ @Budwiser to answer your question from other posts: I ripped this the other day and I finished a tank in less than 24 hours (just below the wick holes which is probably about .5ml after you add in what is soaked in the wick). I puffed it 5-7 times a sessions and sessioned about 15 times.

6 * 15 = 90 puffs
.5g * 3/4 tank = .375g / 90 puffs = 0.0041666666666667 g per puff
.5g / 0.0041666666666667 = 120 puffs to comsume .5g of shatter

120 puffs using the mix and equipment listed above. So if you line up 60 aspire odysseys you can rip a half g in two tokes lmao. Problem is after that many hits your mouth is so dry and irritated you won't try it again but good luck and report your findings here. ]

Heat it all up in a shot glass (I like to use a 3ml blunt tip syringe and draw it in and out while mixing) and load it into the triton mini tank.

This mix is nice and runny and 3-7 nice rips get me where I want. Tastes very nice with a lite herby citrusy flavor.

I will be staying with this until I start mixing flavors into PG to add to the tank as it finishes to help flush out any remaining medicine. I have started using a bit of CBD liquid. Not sure I need the flavors anymore. When using the nautilus the remaining >.5ml in the tank would be thick and hard for the small holes to wick. I wanted a cheap liquid to thin it down and improve flavor. Now that the juice is thinner and the coil holes on the triton are bigger the juice doesn't get burnt and I am less concerned that there is a lot of left over oil compared to juice. The liquid left in the bottom at the end of the tank is the same viscosity as when it starts.

grnmtnvaper,
Reactions: waxdab23

waxdab23

^That's what I'm talking about. A working recipe/tank combo to fulfill particular preferences. And, all organized in one thread with current, i.e. 2015-2016 recipes. Things change quite rapidly.

I will be experimenting within the next few weeks to see if I can meet the needs I'm after in hopes of helping others looking for the same.

But still, I don't understand how you are all OK with using these mystery solutions. I'm not better than anyone as I use them as well, but damn it concerns me.

waxdab23,
Top Bottom