2012 Baseball playoff thread

2clicker

Observer
a little late on getting this thread started, but still in the first round.

anyway, who is your team and what are your predictions?

obviously im a Cardinals fan and I see them defending the title all the way to the end. we still have a tough test tonight against the Nats, but we are used to having our backs against the wall and thrive under that pressure (just like last year). IMO that gives us the upper hand tonight.

my prediction is that the World Series will be between the Yankees and the Cardinals with the Redbirds winning it all again... back to back.

12 in 12! LETS GO CARDINALS!!!

2clicker,

2clicker

Observer
well if i hadnt watched it myself i wouldnt believe it. what a comeback. birds make history again. what a win. damn near speechless.

bring on the giants.

2clicker,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
CARDIAC CARDS!!!

Only team to come back from more than 4 runs, in a close-out series game, in the history of the game. And they came back from 0 - 6!!!!

I can't watch though. I don't want to jinx. And don't try to tell me, I'm crazy. Its serious shit, OK. They lost, every playoff game I watched last year. I only got to watch the last game and a half of the WS... but what a game that last one was!

Oh, side note... I don't do well, watching the Cards. Its not my favorite sport, but the pace of the game and the personal connection (I hated baseball until I lived in St. Louis), they're a huge connection to my time living there. Best baseball town in the US, hands down. It just makes me WAY too anxious... and I don't do well with anxiety. I'm probably going to DVR the OU/texas game tomorrow and check the score before I tune in. Anxiety's actually been doing well lately, I don't want to throw THAT wrench in it (NCAA football is my sport).

BigDaddyVapor,

mmenzie

My friends call me "Menz"
well i have been a yankees fan for the past 34 years and i have been through many years of greatness and a long time of disappointment as well. the past few years of going out round 1 has made me glad to see them make it past the first round. but watching the big bats snooze year after year during the playoffs has done a toll on my heartburn!!! I will still be rooting my team on to the very end, whatever that end is???? Lets Go Yankees!!!!!!

mmenzie,

2clicker

Observer
I can't watch though. I don't want to jinx. And don't try to tell me, I'm crazy. Its serious shit, OK. They lost, every playoff game I watched last year.

so your not going to be watching tonight right??? :cheers:

i am laundering my Molina jersey right now in preparation for tonights game. 7 hours til first pitch. the anticipation is killing me.

2h2px6tqfd3rf9e7q0k3.gif

2clicker,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
I'm going to be at a buddy's house, so I'll probably watch. If they lose, you know who to blame. :(

I know its stupid... I'm just one of those superstitious fans. I will be sporting my, 2011 Title hat, though. Maybe wear my 2006 shirt for good measure. Lol!

BigDaddyVapor,

2clicker

Observer
I'm going to be at a buddy's house, so I'll probably watch. If they lose, you know who to blame. :(

I know its stupid... I'm just one of those superstitious fans. I will be sporting my, 2011 Title hat, though. Maybe wear my 2006 shirt for good measure. Lol!

well i hope you watched. got a little shaky in the bottom of the 4th, but i think that was just Lynn. he worries me after a couple of innings lately. Giants played a great game. they have a very talented pitching staff. nail biter for a while there for sure.

feeling good about game 2 since Carp is going.

lets go cardinals!

2clicker,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Watched some. The asses didn't want to watch baseball! Though I know which part you refer to, because that's when they tuned in. I told him to turn it off at that point.

Go Cards!

BigDaddyVapor,
Top Bottom