1st Tincture. Let's go..

1greatvape

Longtime toker 1st time making tincture. So far I've already failed one point by not freezing the bud in advance. However, after a not so quick decarb (ask me decarb questions if you have any yalls) I dumped it in a 4 oz mason jar (tiny ones) and tossed it in the bottom freezer drawer. Will shake tomorrow and strain via coffee filter. Then run the leftover material once more using fresh firewater just to make sure all the goods are gone. Freeze it again blah blah blah. Strain it. Mix it all in a bigger mason jar. Put it over double boiler to reduce to desired consistency (apparently some like it extra gooey...yyyea....not for me tho, no offense). So yea. I'm not the first to post this one btw. Just sayin. Wish me luck yalls. =)

research(ed)
fuckcombustion.com/threads/tincture-advice-wanted-heated-quick-vs-room-temp-a-month.21167/#post-952163
forum.grasscity.com/threads/dragon-lite-another-tincture-thread.1217451/
fuckcombustion.com/threads/tincture-advice-wanted-heated-quick-vs-room-temp-a-month.21167/#post-952690

Last edited:

1greatvape

Love the replies. Love the replies. Anyway after years of trying to make the perfect edible I think I've found it. Gelatin + Water + Green Dragon. Of course you'll need to boil down your green dragon, not literally tho, just let it evaporate over a double boiler gently to the smallest amount possibly while avoiding a slimy mess. You see if you evaporate too much alcohol things tend to get sticky and oily, so just be aware when processing. Anyway, make em bite size is what im sayin in the end. Cuz who the hell wants to eat a bunch of crap flavor jello, but yea. Peace out cuz. A-town. Represent. Dj Passion. Yes Yes Y'all. N it don't stop. Keep up the good work people. I love you all. Great stuff. Really just Great stuff we got goin on here, you know?

Dubmonkey

Made my 1st tincture few months ago and still got some left.
Decarbed in oven and then threw 1oz of NL product into 2 cups of 190 proof ever clear. Threw everything in the MBM and waited 4 hours.
What came out was a potent wicked alcohol tasting tincture. Have found mixing with green tea kills the alcohol flavor.

Got to sample some real deal tincture from a friend and two drops took me to a happy place for a while.
I need to figure out how to refine my alcohol based tincture and remove the alcohol safely.

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
Made my 1st tincture few months ago and still got some left.
Decarbed in oven and then threw 1oz of NL product into 2 cups of 190 proof ever clear. Threw everything in the MBM and waited 4 hours.
What came out was a potent wicked alcohol tasting tincture. Have found mixing with green tea kills the alcohol flavor.

Got to sample some real deal tincture from a friend and two drops took me to a happy place for a while.
I need to figure out how to refine my alcohol based tincture and remove the alcohol safely.
I just make oil (evaporate alcohol) and dissolve in a little coconut oil. I put as little as possible but still enough to make it dissolve properly. Then i mix this with some fresh room temp Virgin coconut oil (liquidy) and stir for a long time. I do that cause Coconut oil has some awesome properties which get robbed by heat ,so i am trying to make a mixture of as little as possible heated coconut oil and enough fresh virgin stuff to add some more healing power. This works wonders not only orally but topically.. I burned my face and my hands few days ago, got all blistered, i treated few times a day with this salve and i have ZERO scars..

Madri-Gal

Child Of The Revolution
Love the replies. Love the replies. Anyway after years of trying to make the perfect edible I think I've found it. Gelatin + Water + Green Dragon. Of course you'll need to boil down your green dragon, not literally tho, just let it evaporate over a double boiler gently to the smallest amount possibly while avoiding a slimy mess. You see if you evaporate too much alcohol things tend to get sticky and oily, so just be aware when processing. Anyway, make em bite size is what im sayin in the end. Cuz who the hell wants to eat a bunch of crap flavor jello, but yea. Peace out cuz. A-town. Represent. Dj Passion. Yes Yes Y'all. N it don't stop. Keep up the good work people. I love you all. Great stuff. Really just Great stuff we got goin on here, you know?
Hahaha, "crap flavor jello", too funny. Have you tried using jello in place of the gelatin? Might hide the flavor. I tried water harvesting some this year, and was pleased , but unless I grow indoors, it will be a year until I can try it again, and see if it makes a milder tasting tincture and elixer. Now the best I can do is water cure ABV.

Daijyobudave

Unapproved commercial account.
Tinctures are awesome - big fan over here. No need to freeze from my experience, you can just add some heat while infusing the decarbed herb into the alcohol. Using an MBM like DubMonkey suggests makes the whole process a whole lot easier.

For the gummies, you can use a box off jello crystals instead of some of the gelatine to add some flavour - otherwise its gunna taste pretty nasty !

Top Bottom