15 Things you should know about MJ

rabican

http://consumermedianetwork.s3.amazonaws.com/termlife/weed.jpg

weed.jpg

rabican,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
That was an entertaining read. Thanks rabican.

:lol: Truth serum....wonder how that worked out for them.

momofthegoons,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Number 15 almost seems like it is a challenge. However, at current prices, not for me.

Tom

tdavie,

ZigZag

so the Netherlands made marijuana only for medicinal use ?
but in Belgium its completely legal with no regulations ?

ZigZag,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
momofthegoons said:
That was an entertaining read. Thanks rabican.

:lol: Truth serum....wonder how that worked out for them.
If you have not already seen it, see the movie 'Pineapple Express'. It's humor, not serious, and some vignette about marijuana being made illegal in the 30's.

Tom

tdavie,

Raf007

Retailer
No it's not legal in Belgium.
But it,s easy to find. I think they use some kind of loophole in the law. Not sure though.

Raf007,

audiodelic

... Boom Shiva !
.... Its legal in India specifically for sadhu's(holymen) since its dates back many many years back in our religion hinduism and was considered holy/spiritual.

Still very nice read.

audiodelic,

Lil Dragonfly

vapor fetishist
Someone please tell me more about the loophole in Belgium.

My friend lives there, and he really could do with something to ease his stress.

Lil Dragonfly,

lepstadder

11 is not entirely accurate

Male plants can produce just as much THC on the "LEAVES" as female plants

The bulk of psychoactive material is in the female flowers

lepstadder,

reece

audiodelic said:
.... Its legal in India specifically for sadhu's(holymen) since its dates back many many years back in our religion hinduism and was considered holy/spiritual.

Still very nice read.
Isn't that where the name "ganja" comes from?

bcleez said:
That heroin death total seems really really low.
"Unlike alcohol or tobacco, heroin causes no ongoing toxicity to the tissues or organs of the body. Apart from causing some constipation, it appears to have no side effects in most who take it. When administered safely, its use may be consistent with a long and productive life. The principal harm comes from the risk of overdose, problems with injecting, drug impurities and adverse legal or financial consequences."
Source:
Byrne, Andrew, MD, "Addict in the Family: How to Cope with the Long Haul" (Redfern, NSW, Australia: Tosca Press, 1996), pp. 33-34, available on the web at http://www.csdp.org/addict/.
"People rarely die from heroin overdoses - meaning pure concentrations of the drug which simply overwhelm the body's responses."
Source:
Peele, Stanton, MD, "The Persistent, Dangerous Myth of Heroin Overdose," from the web at http://www.peele.net/lib/heroinoverdose.html last accessed on Sept. 18, 2008.

reece,

bcleez

I am saying 2,200 deaths seems really low if that is a worldwide number. I can probably find facts to dispute your facts if I cared to but I think heroin is an awful drug and nothing is going to change my mind.

I just think it would be more like 10,000.

I also think the prescription drug one is really low too. I would put that one more at like 100k, that is including like old people's meds not just pain killer stuff... but bad prescriptions etc.

Just my opinion.

bcleez,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
There are probably quite a few heroin and prescription drug realated deaths that didn't make it on there because the actual cause of death was a little mysterious or confusing.

Don't know for sure though, just guessing.

bluntfaced,

reece

bcleez said:
I am saying 2,200 deaths seems really low if that is a worldwide number. I can probably find facts to dispute your facts if I cared to but I think heroin is an awful drug and nothing is going to change my mind.

I just think it would be more like 10,000.
I'm not trying to change your mind. Of course it is a horrible drug. I'm just trying to show why it may not kill as many people as most would think. Does it have to kill a ton of people to be a bad drug? Did my post come across as cheer leading for heroin? GIMME SOME H! :uhoh:

If that is worldwide, I agree. I just assumed it was the U.S.

reece,

Cappella Sistina

That heroin number is only a "little" low. The number exceeds 4k annually, and has rose every year since something like 94'. In fact current number's are showing that deaths from heroin have risen approx 18% over last year. Pretty alarming rate. The biggest reason for the rise in death's isn't so much from an exorbant increase in users as it is a SUBSTATNIAL increase in the potency of the narcotic being brought into the country. Super potent, and at a cheaper price.

With the increase of abuse in the prescription drug market, it is opening the flood gates to those user's becoming more open to dabbling/trying straight heroin. They figure since they can handle Methodone, or Roxy's, they can handle heroin. Also part of the problem with the increased potency, is the number of users are rising....but most are your traditional user. I.E cant be indentified through track marks etc. Because the new "tar" is so potent, most can smoke or snort it and achieve the desired effect. This causes problems when trying to identify heroin related deaths, because the drug itself metabolize so fast in the body, it's damn near impossible for a coroner to pin point cause of death, stemming from the drug.

The talk within the medical communities is that, the new flood of heroin users and deaths is comparable to the crack epidemic that hit in the 70's.

Cappella Sistina,

Raf007

Retailer
@Lil Dragonfly
Can't really help you on that, i live in France.
What I am sure of, it is that it's not legal, but if the police catch a user they won't take u to jail, they will only fined you and take your stah.
I am sure it s easy to find and cheaper than neetherlands some time.
maybe he should try a university campus if he has no hook up. People are open minded in Belgium.

Raf007,

Cappella Sistina

You know what's really good in Belgium? Waffles. With things that taste that good, you know there is some good dank smoking going on. :D

I miss Bastogne. :(

Cappella Sistina,

reece

Cappella Sistina said:
That heroin number is only a "little" low. The number exceeds 4k annually, and has rose every year since something like 94'. In fact current number's are showing that deaths from heroin have risen approx 18% over last year.
Is that worldwide?

reece,

Cappella Sistina

reece said:
Cappella Sistina said:
That heroin number is only a "little" low. The number exceeds 4k annually, and has rose every year since something like 94'. In fact current number's are showing that deaths from heroin have risen approx 18% over last year.
Is that worldwide?
Oh sorry, no, that figure I gave is based on U.S statistics only.

Cappella Sistina,

GreenLeaf

Hash and marijuana are also legal/decriminalized in both Spain and Portugal for personal use or use in someone's own personal home.

GreenLeaf,

Raf007

Retailer
@ lil dragonfly

I just read about the opening of the first cannabis social club in Belgium.

In spain they already have more than 100 clubs or so called from what I've read.

Raf007,
Top Bottom