14mm or 18mm nail, how do I know?

Deadshort480

We're here to fuck shit up.
I'm just going to ask because i'm so tired of searching. How do I know whether I need a 14mm or 18mm Ti nail for my oil rig?

Deadshort480,

Peloton

Vapes Hard
Well, if you can't get your hands on a ruler or measuring tape, a 14mm joint is about the same diameter as a dime. Put a dime up to your joint, if the dimes more or less the same size then its a 14mm, if it wants to fall in its an 18mm. That's the easiest non-sci way I can think of.

weedemon

enthusiast
good tip man :) and yeah it all depens on your rig. you an get both sizes. I think 18mm is more popular though and if you can keep all your stuff to one size then you wont need adapter pieces... my oil rig is 14mm, but my cloud setup is 18.

weedemon,

Tuck

A glass blower friend of mine told me that different areas prefer different size pieces. For instance, he supplies a place in Atlanta that only wants 18mm, while the Florida shops he supplies only stock 14mm.

Tuck,

Deadshort480

I ordered the wrong damn size. I requested a 14mm Ti nail and I need an 18mm. Anybody need a slightly used 14mm adjustable Ti nail? Just pay the shipping and it's yours.

Edit: Wait, am I allowed to do that? I know I don't have 50 posts and 50 days here, but technically I'm not selling it. Mods please feel free to edit my post if I am breaking any rules.

Deadshort480,

Deadshort480

I thought of that, but I can't figure out how the globe would then fit over both the adapter and the original 18mm male piece as well. Doesn't matter really, I already ordered the 18mm nail.

Deadshort480,
Top Bottom