Discontinued Zion vaporizer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
When it can be purchased for immediate delivery then we will move it. It's currently not available for immediate delivery. Source: I ordered one 20 months ago and am patiently waiting still.

:peace:

lol not that that mattered for GH, live and learn ;)

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: duff

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
For those wanting to prepare themselves in advance: there's a 40% promotion currently on BangGood for a PSU that looks decent enough and adequate to make a power adapter for the Zion (or Milaana if you add a DC to DC converter)

https://www.banggood.com/Mini-120W-...to-12V-10A-for-LED-Strip-Light-p-1019136.html

It looks almost better than the one I got and it's less than half the price, with free shipping.

For a few extra bucks you can get one with a prettier looking enclosure >> https://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-1...Adapter-Switching-Power-Supply-p-1147700.html

EDIT: conversion efficiency inside the Zion OKR will be slightly worse at 12V than at 7-8V like the one I bought, but it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Last edited:

virtualpurple

For those wanting to prepare themselves in advance: there's a 40% promotion currently on BangGood for a PSU that looks decent enough and adequate to make a power adapter for the Zion (or Milaana if you add a DC to DC converter)

https://www.banggood.com/Mini-120W-...to-12V-10A-for-LED-Strip-Light-p-1019136.html

It looks almost better than the one I got and it's less than half the price, with free shipping.

For a few extra bucks you can get one with a prettier looking enclosure >> https://www.banggood.com/Charsoon-1...Adapter-Switching-Power-Supply-p-1147700.html

EDIT: conversion efficiency inside the Zion OKR will be slightly worse at 12V than at 7-8V like the one I bought, but it shouldn't make much of a difference.

Forgive me, but what will this do?

virtualpurple,
Reactions: KeroZen

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
Time to pack my bags! The train is almost here! It's my wife's Bday on Sunday, and my 2nd child turned 5 this last Tuesday so were doing his party on Saturday...yet I am the one that will receive the biggest present this weekend...I will finally have my ZION!

Thanks for sending tracking info Ryan! I will keep her name simple and make sure it is easy to remember, so I will go with Amber after the beautiful colored glass heater I was able to choose.

RastaBuddhaTao

Manufacturer
New RBT promational video ... Thanks Robert Wilson :)

The variation of glass sizes, incorrect resistor and some magnet retention issues slowed down the initial production build. Little things like making fixtures for cork drilling and glass cutting and running out of gas added to the slow down as well but RBT persevered and the latest batch of 10 units in on it's way. Over the next two weeks these initial units will be monitored and required process improvements implemented. Assuming all goes well, a steady output of Zion's will flow towards the end of May.

Currently, Zion's ordered up through 8/14/2015 are being processed. Once all orders from this time period are complete, the next wave of customers will notified. Thanks for your patience as work our way through the pre-order. Rest assured, if you have a ticket to ride, there is a spot on the Zion train for you.

For those interested there are pics and vids of the Zion progress on IG. Look for some YouTube vids over the next few weeks that will detail the Zion process and usage. An intro and usage video will be the first to drop as the units shipped to date do not contain any manual.

It has been a long road getting this train on the tracks. Many thanks to all the folks that had the faith that Zion would make it out of the station. It was a real joy to email some of RBTs greatest supporters this week and let them know their Zion is on the way! Looking forward to getting all Zionites Zionated.

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
@flotntoke . No tickets bought here , just a fan . Truly hope she's around the bend and on her way to you too :)

Thanks. I do, too.

Hate to be a dick (horrible way to start any post), but can't resist asking..... If you got no skin in the game why the comments about lists and what Ryan should be doing and how?

As I tried to put it nicer in my post above, I thought it a little out of place for someone who was just getting in line to comment like that. There's been plenty of round and round about lists and practices posted in this thread already - despite regular discouragement about such things. That sentiment smacks a little harder when you're not even buying one.

Eh.... maybe I'm just overly sensitive this week or about this particular situation, but strikes me as out of place as coming from "just a fan".

little maggie

All I can say, to those who have bought their tickets is that it is definitely worth the wait. RBT is a gifted designer. And not to be a broken record but design and sale require 2 different skill sets.
Now that the Milaanas are ready and the Zions are on the track I wonder what Ryan will do next. And whatever it is unless it's DIY, add me to the list.

virtualpurple

It's the first part needed to build your future Zion power adapter (to turn it into a plug-in)

The rest will be in next episode! Just get it now while the promo lasts! :p

Keeping in mind that I'm kind of a dummy, would you say that it'll be something that can be built by someone with very limited building experience?

That said, I'll pop in an order shortly just off your advice!

Melting Pot

Sick & Twisted
It's the first part needed to build your future Zion power adapter (to turn it into a plug-in)

The rest will be in next episode! Just get it now while the promo lasts! :p
I have a core ps 3v to 8.4v but its only rated to 5 amps or 40 watts
Do you think it will be sufficient?

Melting Pot,
Reactions: KeroZen

TeeJay1952

its-happening-gif.png

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
Keeping in mind that I'm kind of a dummy, would you say that it'll be something that can be built by someone with very limited building experience?

That said, I'll pop in an order shortly just off your advice!

Yeah no rocket science, really. I'll try to post a tutorial someday but I'm late on so many "duties" for the forum (for instance I'm yet to post reviews that I promised so long ago that the model is no longer produced now... I'm ashamed)

I have a core ps 3v to 8.4v but its only rated to 5 amps or 40 watts
Do you think it will be sufficient?

Should be on the edge. Could work when not setting the Zion to max power and/or not pulsing for too long.

It also depends if you can easily mod your PS to add a forced cooling of some kind, like slapping a computer fan next to the internal heatsinks.

Other Side

Retailer
Retailer
Eh.... maybe I'm just overly sensitive this week or about this particular situation, but strikes me as out of place as coming from "just a fan".
You are not being overly sensitive. I have been biting my tongue for a while out of respect for FC rules on not starting an incident. Maybe I shouldn't be commenting now but I wanted you to rest assure that you are not alone on this one. I could go on but you've said enough and I hope the point is taken.

nosmoking

Just so Dab HAppy!
So no pics or usage reports yet, but the Train is here! She is just as beautiful as expected. Slightly smaller than anticipated with a tight cork. The knob feels smooth and rigid like an oldschool radio. The button trim seats nicely back in the wood while the actual press part of the button slightly protrudes...its actually perfect on mine. The lines/edges are all smooth and straight from one end to the next. The magnets are strong and the batteries fit tight like you could live without the back door if you had too. The amber glass heater sita perfectly recessed about .25 mm and the glass stems sent with it fit so well you could almost pick the whole vape by the stem when inserted. The craftsmanship really is there on this one.

I forgot to charge some batts so they are charging now. Got plenty of Trainwreck and Blueberry Haze to run the courses. Doing some Rosin presses and Halo dabs in the meantime!

flotntoke

thoroughly vaped
You are not being overly sensitive. I have been biting my tongue for a while out of respect for FC rules on not starting an incident. Maybe I shouldn't be commenting now but I wanted you to rest assure that you are not alone on this one. I could go on but you've said enough and I hope the point is taken.

Thanks for the support! Just think there is already enough nonsense that has gone on through this thread and the process already. No need to repeat the rest that I already said just above.

Surprise surprise surprise.......yesterday I got a usps shipping notification for my 8/14/2015 Zion order. Tracking info shows it arrives Monday. I'll be damned.....very happily damned I might add. :tup:

Back to concern and another email to Ryan. Hopefully others will confirm similar situation, and it is just that he isn't going in any order, or has no idea of the order that orders came in.

Still no email, shipping confirmation or anything else for my order that was placed and paid a month before. Hate to whine, but shouldn't mine (and others) be shipping before someone who met the deadline by a day? And, no ill-will towards you @Smknbud - glad you are getting yours. Though maybe not as glad if it should have been mine or someone else's. And, certainly not your fault either way.

Still standing on the platform trying to fight the frustration of not only having no idea of what is really going on - but the feeling that RBT still has little or no idea of what is going on. I totally get @little maggie 's point about "design and sale require 2 different skill sets." I agree and am confident the Zion will be fantastic once it gets here (based on reviews from trusted FCers here and Mi experience), but my God, Man! How much should it take to find out if it's on the way at this point? Or, even if it should be.

I dunno... again, maybe I'm the one that is fucked up here, but doesn't it seem like there should be some sort of "first in, first out" after nearly 2 years of waiting? Especially since it seems they are still only being released 10 at a time?

Are there others who ordered/paid before August 2015 who haven't yet received shipping notice and other such info about their Zion?

So no pics or usage reports yet, but the Train is here! She is just as beautiful as expected. Slightly smaller than anticipated with a tight cork. The knob feels smooth and rigid like an oldschool radio. The button trim seats nicely back in the wood while the actual press part of the button slightly protrudes...its actually perfect on mine. The lines/edges are all smooth and straight from one end to the next. The magnets are strong and the batteries fit tight like you could live without the back door if you had too. The amber glass heater sita perfectly recessed about .25 mm and the glass stems sent with it fit so well you could almost pick the whole vape by the stem when inserted. The craftsmanship really is there on this one.

I forgot to charge some batts so they are charging now. Got plenty of Trainwreck and Blueberry Haze to run the courses. Doing some Rosin presses and Halo dabs in the meantime!

Also, happy for you @nosmoking! Am I right (from look-up in the thread) that you also ordered yours close to Mid-August 2015?

Top Bottom