Zephyr Ion Contest / Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derf

Here is my submission.

http://www.marijuanatv.com/upload/view-video/243/zephyr-ion-commercial

I used MarijuanaTV.com to host the video, but their server is really slow! I'm not too happy with the streaming ability - it makes the video look pretty choppy (even though the audio is pretty smooth). If you think it detracts from the video too (I do), I may repost to youtube.

I thought the deadline was the 7th, so I felt a little rushed to throw this together. Mentally I kinda thought I was done on Thursday after working on it a couple nights, and then the contest deadline got extended. Now that the deadline is later this month and I have more timeI, I am debating picking the project back up and tweeking my video some more. But now that time isn't the issue, its just me getting in the right mindset to pick this back up again after thinking I was done. I reserve the right to make changes before the deadline, but at this point I would say it is 85% of where I want it to be.

Hopefully this may help promote the new Zephyr Ion; I envisioned what a TV spot might look like for the product. Not having a Zephyr Ion it was a little tricky to realize the vision I had, but I made do with what pictures and videos I could find. Bruce - if I win I promise to make a much better video (commercial ad or review) with better footage.

This was a fun little project. Thanks!

EDIT : Please view the video on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LJ8fV5hPYY

Derf,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
There is just a little over 1 week left in this contest. I will probably announce a winner February 23rd after HempCon. Yea, I get back the 22nd but I think I will need a day to recover. There have been some great entries so far.

Bruce@Zephyr,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
How do I submit an entry? Do I have to post it on youtube, etc., or can I just send it in to you, Bruce?

stickstones,

Bruce@Zephyr

Vapor Fan
Manufacturer
stickstones said:
How do I submit an entry? Do I have to post it on youtube, etc., or can I just send it in to you, Bruce?
I would like it to be posted but you can email it to me.

Bruce@Zephyr,

Heisenberg

scientific vaporist
Heisenberg said:
i've made a few changes to my first submission.

so here is submission #2.

in the intro i combined zephyrus, the ancient god of the west wind, with the modern zephyr ion logo. i thought this would make a good contrast. the music i used is taken from a german hip hop song.
overall, i consider this video as a way to make people curious about the zephyr ion vaporizer. if they stumble on it on youtube, they might want to know more about zephyrvaporizers.

Heisenberg,

Derf

Beezleb said:
I am finishing up another entry. I like making them. I have ideas for a bunch more but time if fleeting and other obligation often calls.

Since no one else posted I will just edit this in.

Same Video, Marijuana tv was down a few days so I also added to youtube.
http://www.marijuanatv.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=62&video_id=268
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gUobmRkIc
Not bad, but LOL, you used practically the exact same clips I did off youtube. Could have done something a little more unique in my opinion, but I guess there isn't a ton of material to work with. Interesting work on the 3D text effects, what program did you use?

Derf,

Beezleb

Keep in mind Derf, we had basically the same material available to everyone by Zephyr. Their are other independent videos I have found but it would be inappropriate to use those videos as they were not available Zephyr videos/pics wall.

I also started working on this one from the beginning, I initially wrote down a list of ideas and settled on a few to make and simply because I finished up a couple entries before finalizing this example does not equate to me taking from you. In truth, it would be very difficult to make many of videos these where they did not look the same due to being limited to what was made available to us to use. In essence, we are all coloring with the same crayons or you can look at it as cooking with the same ingredients and just like the Iron Chef, I think we both made a pretty different and unique video from it.

"If it was your intention" and I say this based on your "lol" remark and the fact you seem to understand the limitations we were under, if so then the following applies:

I do not appreciate you trying to diminish my work nor do I appreciate your wording to make look as if I took from your example. Your entry played absolutely no role in anything I do. I wish you luck in the contest.

I used a myriad of programs, some rather cheap, some not to make it. It is a rather lengthy process, even for the more simple ones.

Just to recap, here are all my entries:

Same Video, Marijuana tv was down a few days so I also added to youtube. Marijuanatv.com is down again so if the site is not up by the 23 I will upload them to youtube as well. That site has been iffy the last handful of days but typically they have been good.

Another Video Entry
http://www.marijuanatv.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=62&video_id=224

Another Video Entry
http://www.marijuanatv.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=62&video_id=237

Another Video Entry
http://www.marijuanatv.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=62&video_id=236

Another Video Entry:
http://www.marijuanatv.com/index.php?option=com_hwdvideoshare&task=viewvideo&Itemid=62&video_id=268
or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-gUobmRkIc

Beezleb,

Derf

well Beezleb, let me just take a moment to respond to your diffuse diatribe.

I see from your number of posts and join date that you are an established member of the community here, and being new I don't want to step on anyone's toes, so let me proceed with care. Further, because this is a contest, the stakes of which are a fairly valuable prize, I understand that tension on this subject may be a little higher than average, so let me try to be clear while attempting to avoid leading you to jump to any conclusions from the meaning in my words that cannot be conveyed due to the simplicity of text communication.

The "lol" was an attempt to show that there was levity in my post. I was attempting to convey laughter, to lighten the fact that I was calling attention to your video. I did not want you to think that I was upset with you or accusing you of copyright infringement, nor did I want you to think that I was diminishing your work, but I do realize I was putting it in a light where you might feel you would need to defend yourself, and I was trying to soften that.

What I commented on was that my video (whether you saw it or not) was posted a week before yours and contained many video clips from youtube. As opposed to your two previous entries I saw on MJtv.com which featured still images (such as the "breaking news") and "Ken Burns" effects panning across still images (as in the "dream" video), this entry featured predominantly youtube video clips. To that I remarked that it was a similar idea, although I acknowledge that your implementation was not identical to mine. Let me go on further to say that I have nothing against you using video clips from youtube, just that many of your clips were the same ones I chose. However, I shrugged it off by commenting that I suppose we did not have a very diverse set of material to work with. I agree that in some ways we are all cooking with the same ingredients.

I cannot know whether you were directly imitating me, or whether you had the same original idea. I cannot know when you began working on this latest video creation; if it was indeed "from the beginning" consecutively with your other entries, or after you finished your other entries. I cannot know if you saw my video before completing your entry, or if you have even seen it at all. So let me just come out and say I should not have suggested you be more unique in your creation.

Using the videos on youtube I feel is only part of the entry, and frankly (in my opinion) it is the least original part of the content of my (our) submission; this was filmed and recorded by someone else. Actually I take more pride in the rest of my video, and (not coincidentally) the other parts of your video are the most interesting. I tried to compliment your 3D text effects and asked you what program you used, but I think I must have offended you because your answer was very vague and cryptic, skirting my question and instead choosing to spend the bulk of your discussion defending yourself. If you wish to maintain your secrecy that is fine, especially since the contest is not over yet. If those were 'canned' animations created by a program I can see why you would want to protect your sources. On the other hand, if you created them from scratch, controlling the camera angle, rotation, coloring, lighting effects, etc, then I salute you as a fellow artist!

In the future I hope we have many more benevolent conversations, as I'm sure we will both bump into each other again.

PS - the links in your last post do not work correctly.
PPS - MJtv.com is down, Bruce, I think I will post my video on youtube.

Derf,

Derf

Beezleb said:
Keep in mind Derf, we had basically the same material available to everyone by Zephyr. Their are other independent videos I have found but it would be inappropriate to use those videos as they were not available Zephyr videos/pics wall.
Totally aside, but it puzzles me that in a previous post on Jan 27th I said that the material we have to work with is pretty thin and asked Bruce if he could post some more pictures or video of his product for our use, and you seemed against it.
Those are logistical issues that we all have to deal with. To purposefully place more material that can be used is not fair to those who have already made an entry as it is after the fact. If more material is put out, I hope it is readily made known as to not give someone a potential advantage or the appearance of special treatment which I believe is not the case.
But now you have said that there are other independent videos you have found, but you chose not to use them because it wouldn't be fair since "they weren't available Zephyr videos/pics wall". I'm not sure if you meant they weren't available on the Zephyr facebook page, but personally I did not register with facebook and found all my content on this forum in the Zephyr Ion thread or on youtube and did not feel like I was at an unfair disadvantage. If you found other material, why didn't you share some links to it for the rest of the members here? I suppose by choosing not to use it you are in fact trying to equalize the playing field of this competition, but I would have rather seen (even from a spectator's view) MORE diverse and colorful entries, instead of the same, re-worked material. To extend your cooking analogy, why limit everyone to cooking with 5 or 6 ingredients, when we could have cooked with 7 or 8 ingredients. I think the end result could have been more complex and interesting, no?

In the end, I think that it matters very little, as some of the most interesting things I did (sound editing, vapor eruption animation, name plate animation) had little to do with available content, and more with artistic vision. Perhaps you were concerned that posting the links would still be after the fact that some people had made entries, but aside from Heisenberg, CleverUserName and myself, there haven't been any entries besides your four. At any rate, with over 50% of the entries so far in this competition under your name, I wish you luck too, although statistically you probably don't need it. LOL. :cool:

Derf,

lwien

I have no video editing software on my computer so I really can't produce a video for Zephyr but being that Bruce stated " Something halarous that will be enjoyed viewing." I'll enter the following just for an idea.

The following vid >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qlU32HIi2z8 followed by a frame that states "What THEY need is, THIS !!" and the next frame being a pic of the Zehpyr.

lwien,

Beezleb

Derf, enough drama, I read nothing.

I stand by the videos, they speak for themselves. I think they are all good. That is all that matters. I care not for your issues as I see them as small and inappropriate for you to take an issue to such drama. Its just a fun little contest.

I hoped more entries are submitted before the contest ends. I had thought there would of been more entries by people.

Beezleb,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom