Zeal and Ω

subway13029

What happened to the armor coil that was on site as pre-order? It seems to be only item that's just gone and not sold out or anything..

subway13029,
Reactions: bigmike

puckpack

I just received the housing unit from the website and am excited to try wireless!

How do I get the pid and coil into the housing unit?

puckpack,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I just received the housing unit from the website and am excited to try wireless!

The housing refers to the metal tube and that, basically the Omega itself.

If you have the cord for wireless (the axial one with a bottom), just connect the coil to the PID controller, insert the Omega, and heat it up to your preferred temperature.

I recommend an initial burn-off at 700F for 10 minutes. A nice starting temperature for vaping is 500F. Whenever you adjust the temperature, give it 5 minutes to settle.

It just occurred to me that you probably meant the enclosure for the PID controller. I am sorry. I have no experience with that.

puckpack

The housing refers to the metal tube and that, basically the Omega itself.

If you have the cord for wireless (the axial one with a bottom), just connect the coil to the PID controller, insert the Omega, and heat it up to your preferred temperature.

I recommend an initial burn-off at 700F for 10 minutes. A nice starting temperature for vaping is 500F. Whenever you adjust the temperature, give it 5 minutes to settle.

It just occurred to me that you probably meant the enclosure for the PID controller. I am sorry. I have no experience with that.
Thanks for trying!!

puckpack,
Reactions: Grass Yes

subway13029

It's a very tiny star or torx bit that I used to remove screws..super easy snd total game changer

subway13029,
Reactions: puckpack

99944nt

i also used it w/o a handle for a couple weeks until I found a handle I liked.. getting a handle definitely improves the safety and ease of the use but it can be used w/o a add-on handle

doctorxga

I have had a little read on the thread and internet ... but just want to be perfectly sure before any pre-ordering. If I'm in UK with 220v grid network can I use the Zeal or Omega with a basic US to UK converter off amazon or do I need a more expensive step down transformer option?

doctorxga,
Reactions: Mad_Max

encoderboy

I have had a little read on the thread and internet ... but just want to be perfectly sure before any pre-ordering. If I'm in UK with 220v grid network can I use the Zeal or Omega with a basic US to UK converter off amazon or do I need a more expensive step down transformer option?
Australian here, also on 220V :-)

The Zeal or Omega will work fine, but the PID and coil need to be able to work with your power supply. IDB has done some 220V kits in the past, but you can assume anything listed there is 110V unless marked otherwise.

You can get a 220V PID and coil from lots of places - Aliexpress have a lot of good options. I'm using one of those with a SS Zeal, and it works a treat.

GoldenBud

The Zeal or Omega will work fine, but the PID and coil need to be able to work with your power supply. IDB has done some 220V kits in the past, but you can assume anything listed there is 110V unless marked otherwise.

You can get a 220V PID and coil from lots of places - Aliexpress have a lot of good options. I'm using one of those with a SS Zeal, and it works a treat.
exactly this. 220v to 110v step down transformers are being used mostly for charging drillers or some tools from Amazon USA in UK/EU, I wouldn't use them as running 24/7 or so... get a 220v setup... in many sells pages of step down transformers you can see reviews of people saying their transformer caught fire or so, i have 200w step down and i don't like to use it even to charge my "Greenworks 110v" drill. i got a 220v charger. I will use it in emergency cases only.... I used it once and it works, but I wouldn't run it for a vape setup

and a Chinese made 220v to 110v step down 200w, well, it's not really a 200w. it's all marketing. it's maybe 120w or less, although the Zeal doesn't need more than 60w, I wouldn't use a step down transformer....

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
Most PIDs are international, but do check to make sure they say accepts 110-250v ac. The coil though does need to be correct for the local voltage. AliExpress have some but if you want to buy in the UK recvapes probably would be my recommendation.

doctorxga

Got a link to your one by any chance?

doctorxga,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Others have answered well about the requirements. If you order the Zeal kit just make sure you order the International version and specify 220v in the notes.

coolbreeze

Maiden Omega voyage, diffuser at 450f:
IMG-5881.jpg

Very, very nice! Flavor is outstanding for some reason and the roast is full and even; I could probably turn down a little. Open enough to easily run a recycler. I've got some adjusting to do but first impressions are favorable: this is about as nice as the Zeal and maybe more convenient.

Top Bottom