Zeal and Ω

bridgesoid

Well I have had my International SS Zeal kit for 2 months now and with no "brand new vape !" headspace clouding my judgement I am happy to say that the Zeal is just a fantastic device, I've been vaping for 20 years and this is favourite vape that I have owned. Works fantastic at low and high temps for me and I have no difficulty completely extracting micro to medium sized loads in one pull (I could probably clear large and XL loads the same way if my hair wasn't grey and lungs were younger ;)). I have used 3 other ball vapes, the b0, b1 and b2 and I prefer the Zeal's performance to all of these, I can clear it faster and it hits harder, (with both glass and shovelhead bowls). The Zeal works well with J Hooks, multi chambered rigs with dropdowns and everything in between that I've tried it with.
For those just dipping their toes in the water with ball vapes or vaping in general who are unsure of what to pick up I can wholeheartedly recommend you pick up a Zeal kit, (but grab an Omega if you can stretch your budget a little bit ;)).

I have never recommended someone purchase a vape I haven't used before, (the Omega) but in the case of the Cloud Connoisseur company I genuinely feel completely confident in doing so. Every component of the kit is quality and feels built to last in the rugged conditions I sometimes subject my equipment to (large base camp at 5 day long music festivals). IDB's (Cloud Connoisseur) communication and customer service is the best I've had to date, he 100% stands behind his product and wants to give his customers the best quality product at the best possible price. By all accounts that I've read here and elsewhere online, if someone has any kind of problem or question regarding his products he has stepped up promptly and gracefully sorted things. CC is the type of company that deserves a much bigger share of vape market sales. Five stars from me and a massive thank you to IDB for making this level of performance accessible to those of us less financially fortunate like myself :bowdown::love:

Now for a couple of questions:

1. For the PID that the International Zeal Kit ships with, am I correct in assuming the pin layout is the same as on the Auber unit? (pretty sure I read on FC it was the same on domestic units, just want to make sure)
2. Can the PID the Zeal ships with handle the additional power draw of a 10 wrap coil such as this one? https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005005947097716.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.28.70ac6fd5ExPYOJ&pdp_npi=3@dis!AUD!AU $62.18!AU $50.99!!!!!@2101c59816963051989574223e8fb0!12000034976990631!sh!AU!172787617
3. CC heads are emerging as an expanding modular system where posts regarding DIY and tinkering are valued by many members (e.g. handles, wireless stand setups, etc.) would it be nice to have a thread dedicated to hardware and performance hacks members are utilising or better to keep everything in the one place?

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide :):peace:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
1. For the PID that the International Zeal Kit ships with, am I correct in assuming the pin layout is the same as on the Auber unit? (pretty sure I read on FC it was the same on domestic units, just want to make sure)
Yes. @iDRINKBLEACH has confirmed this on discord. Always smart to ask and be sure though.

I don't see any reason it would not work, but you could ask the seller for more info like how much current it draws.
https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005...574223e8fb0!12000034976990631!sh!AU!172787617
3. CC heads are emerging as an expanding modular system where posts regarding DIY and tinkering are valued by many members (e.g. handles, wireless stand setups, etc.) would it be nice to have a thread dedicated to hardware and performance hacks members are utilising or better to keep everything in the one place?
I would think that this thread would be the best place on FC, but I suppose it could always expand to be its own category. I'd personally love to see everyone's setups and hacks here in this thread. Bring them on!

Bababouy

Well I have had my International SS Zeal kit for 2 months now and with no "brand new vape !" headspace clouding my judgement I am happy to say that the Zeal is just a fantastic device, I've been vaping for 20 years and this is favourite vape that I have owned. Works fantastic at low and high temps for me and I have no difficulty completely extracting micro to medium sized loads in one pull (I could probably clear large and XL loads the same way if my hair wasn't grey and lungs were younger ;)). I have used 3 other ball vapes, the b0, b1 and b2 and I prefer the Zeal's performance to all of these, I can clear it faster and it hits harder, (with both glass and shovelhead bowls). The Zeal works well with J Hooks, multi chambered rigs with dropdowns and everything in between that I've tried it with.
For those just dipping their toes in the water with ball vapes or vaping in general who are unsure of what to pick up I can wholeheartedly recommend you pick up a Zeal kit, (but grab an Omega if you can stretch your budget a little bit ;)).

I have never recommended someone purchase a vape I haven't used before, (the Omega) but in the case of the Cloud Connoisseur company I genuinely feel completely confident in doing so. Every component of the kit is quality and feels built to last in the rugged conditions I sometimes subject my equipment to (large base camp at 5 day long music festivals). IDB's (Cloud Connoisseur) communication and customer service is the best I've had to date, he 100% stands behind his product and wants to give his customers the best quality product at the best possible price. By all accounts that I've read here and elsewhere online, if someone has any kind of problem or question regarding his products he has stepped up promptly and gracefully sorted things. CC is the type of company that deserves a much bigger share of vape market sales. Five stars from me and a massive thank you to IDB for making this level of performance accessible to those of us less financially fortunate like myself :bowdown::love:

Now for a couple of questions:

2. Can the PID the Zeal ships with handle the additional power draw of a 10 wrap coil such as this one? https://vi.aliexpress.com/item/1005005947097716.html?spm=a2g0o.store_pc_groupList.8148356.28.70ac6fd5ExPYOJ&pdp_npi=3@dis!AUD!AU $62.18!AU $50.99!!!!!@2101c59816963051989574223e8fb0!12000034976990631!sh!AU!172787617

Thank you in advance for any assistance you may be able to provide :):peace:

Sounds like you need to join the discord. Lots of conversations on the ecosystem going on there. https://discord.gg/tX5gqkd2 you also may get quicker response on your other questions

I was anti discord but have enjoyed being involved here and have learned a lot.

I believe the pin out should be the same but others can advise as I do not have experience with international units. There should be no issue with the 10 wrap coil for the head (B2C) you are looking at so long as the pin out is the same. I know the Qaroma pid used for the 360 appears to be identical to their regular offering from everything I have seen.

Dejavu

the omega works in 20mm and the axial version of 20mm too?...

I hope they release some handles with the omega for a cheaper price point. I don't need cocobola wood ;o

Dejavu,
Reactions: Oil420FL

Bababouy

The heatsink can also be ordered separately. I would highly recommend it due to the amount of heat these devices put out.

the omega works in 20mm and the axial version of 20mm too?...

I hope they release some handles with the omega for a cheaper price point. I don't need cocobola wood ;o

It will work with any of the coils iDB offers. But the axial or the armor would be best for wireless

Varden

iDB has a pre-order for a handle up on the site now for 24$, it's 3d printed and has a rather clever heatsink portion that sits between the bowl and the handle.

The heatsink can also be ordered separately. I would highly recommend it due to the amount of heat these devices put out.

It will work with any of the coils iDB offers. But the axial or the armor would be best for wireless

What does iDB stand for?

I tried websearching but all I got was International Database, Inter-American Development Bank, Islamic Development Bank...

Varden,

Varden

I'm on the look for my first ball vape. Cordless seems more convenient and the Omega the way to go for semi-DIY cordless ball vape. Also, CC products look reasonably priced and generally praised.

A couple questions:

- What is the difference between Axial and Armour coils? Is it only aesthetics and convenience or is there a performance difference? Axial is the original barrel coil stretched for cordless use?

- Would it be possible to get a PID box with both cables attached at the back? And maybe the power button in front next to the temp buttons and display? It seems a bit of a missed opportunity with the upcoming wireless enclosure. It would allow for the enclosure to have all the controls in the front very visible and hide the coil cable inside the enclosure instead of having it hanging outside for no reason. I can see why in a corded setup you would want the coil cord attached in the from for better reach, but in a cordless setup having it in the back out of sight seems better.

Edit: The Xeric designs are incredible. Very tempted to get one despite already having a jhook.

Last edited:
Varden,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
A couple questions:

- What is the difference between Axial and Armour coils? Is it only aesthetics and convenience or is there a performance difference? Axial is the original barrel coil stretched for cordless use?
The axial coil has a flat section that forms a bottom. Common for heating 3 sides of a banger:

The Armor is a brand new invention from iDB. The smooth inside should make for very efficient heating. I think it will also make cordless use even easier, but I have not tried one yet.

- Would it be possible to get a PID box with both cables attached at the back? And maybe the power button in front next to the temp buttons and display? It seems a bit of a missed opportunity with the upcoming wireless enclosure. It would allow for the enclosure to have all the controls in the front very visible and hide the coil cable inside the enclosure instead of having it hanging outside for no reason. I can see why in a corded setup you would want the coil cord attached in the from for better reach, but in a cordless setup having it in the back out of sight seems better.
There are many different PID controllers. Some are exactly as you describe. Mine is an Auber RDK300B which has the sockets in the back and the controls on top.
You can definitely find them in all kinds of configurations.

Disorderly Conduction makes one that has the coil socket on top even.
Edit: The Xeric designs are incredible. Very tempted to get one despite already having a jhook.
I have many j-hooks and love almost all of them. The Xeric is great to have around. It's small, cools well and is very sturdy. CC will be dropping the Xeric 2.0 soon which looks pretty great.

Varden

There are many different PID controllers. Some are exactly as you describe. Mine is an Auber RDK300B which has the sockets in the back and the controls on top.
You can definitely find them in all kinds of configurations.

Disorderly Conduction makes one that has the coil socket on top even.

I understand that. I was suggesting that in the case of the cordless kit, having a PID box with both cords behind makes more sense, specially with the upcoming enclosure.

I have many j-hooks and love almost all of them. The Xeric is great to have around. It's small, cools well and is very sturdy. CC will be dropping the Xeric 2.0 soon which looks pretty great.

Sounds great, I'll keep an eye.

Dejavu

If you suspect a product is a sham, report the post. Do not call a company's product a sham.
did he remove the omega from the site now?....

I wonder if the armor coils are just a sham, ch and ol head uses the 25mm standards and they work fine. otherwise we should all be ordering the armor coils lol

Dejavu,
Reactions: Karnath

onesixty2

I wonder if the armor coils are just a sham, ch and ol head uses the 25mm standards and they work fine. otherwise we should all be ordering the armor coils lol
The omega stand alone does appear out of stock at the moment: https://cloud-connoisseur.company.site/Omega-p578461965

Not sure what you’re implying with the second statement. Omega and zeal run off 20mm coils, not 25mm.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
It was sold out when I looked.
Literally every ball vape runs off a 20mm coil except the zenleaf, Terp Hammer and Screwball. Saying that a long time respected member is putting out a sham is a pretty jerky thing to say.

Texus

Yeah, "sham"? For starters, that is a good price for a coil, much less one that is customized. And IMO one of the real differentiators in the baller space is effective heat transfer and tight tolerances. When recommending the TKO, I always also recommend that custom stretched coil option OWW gives. And this looks like the hot hole version of that. Bravo!

Dejavu

It was sold out when I looked.

Literally every ball vape runs off a 20mm coil except the zenleaf, Terp Hammer and Screwball. Saying that a long time respected member is putting out a sham is a pretty jerky thing to say.
sorry princess if I hurt yalls feelings. I didn't mean a rip off. I am sure it heats up evenly and better and it also cost $60 and the standard coil worked and was made intended for those lol.

i just placed my order since they have handles now. Not sure why the word sham triggered so many people. It's just an upgrade that will work but not needed, is that a better way to rephrase it?

also since you guys are all pissed, is was probably a bad time to ask what the omega multiplier does. oh well. i ordered anyway so i won't have to come back here and post and bother you guys lmao

And pretty close to against the rules of the forum.

Don’t attack products or companies. You can post your opinion, and you can criticize, but posts written to offend are not allowed.
yes i am attacking the product with all questions about buying it....good logic.

The omega stand alone does appear out of stock at the moment: https://cloud-connoisseur.company.site/Omega-p578461965

Not sure what you’re implying with the second statement. Omega and zeal run off 20mm coils, not 25mm.
he made 25mm armored coils for the omega ?...20mm just works if u dont want to buy a new one from what i read. better go spend $60!

https://cloud-connoisseur.company.site/Omega-Wireless-Coil-p587073615 25mm axial for the wireless omega...

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
he made 25mm armored coils for the omega ?...20mm just works if u dont want to buy a new one from what i read. better go spend $60!

https://cloud-connoisseur.company.site/Omega-Wireless-Coil-p587073615 25mm axial for the wireless omega...
You are not particularly good at paying attention and you have been an ass to everyone in this thread but I will help you out, that coil is not 25mm. It does not say that it is on that page and I have one in my hand. It's a hair wider than 20mm.

Now, I understand that might not be clear to you, but I tried my best.

onesixty2

Nah that’s what you’re confusing me with. Nothing about this is 25mm..?

If you have a 20mm coil, you have all you need. If you want a pre shaped wireless plug in and go coil, buy what you linked. Or pre-order the armor and wait for it to be release, or don’t? Not everyone wants to shape a coil or has one around. Some of us want one specific to it or to try out the new coil design because, why not?

It’s difficult to understand if you have legitimate questions, or just want to stir the pot with the approach you are displaying.

Last edited:

Varden

Since we are talking about the coils and to take this in a more constructive direction, I am legitimately curious about what are the main differences and theoretical advantages between the typical coil, the Axial, and the new design of the Armor. Has this been talked before or anyone has any insights?

From the pictures it looks like the Axial has space between the coil "rings" (is it called like that?), while the Armor has some kind of isolating material covering those spaces. I guess that will allow the Armor to offer a continuous surface and facilitate the putting and removing of the banger? Is that correct? Any benefit to heating?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Since we are talking about the coils and to take this in a more constructive direction, I am legitimately curious about what are the main differences and theoretical advantages between the typical coil, the Axial, and the new design of the Armor. Has this been talked before or anyone has any insights?

From the pictures it looks like the Axial has space between the coil "rings" (is it called like that?), while the Armor has some kind of isolating material covering those spaces. I guess that will allow the Armor to offer a continuous surface and facilitate the putting and removing of the banger? Is that correct? Any benefit to heating?
The Armor is a barrel coil, so it does not have the bottom like an axial coil. It has brass inside the coil itself. The design relies in the thermal expansion of brass. When it heats the brass expands, making it perfect for wireless. It still makes good contact, but slides out of the coil easily. I suspect you'll see faster heating times and lower temperaturess.

The Armor is designed for the Omega. I would not put any kind of quartz or glass inside it. I think it could easily crack a banger.

It also has a set screw if you want to use it in wired mode.

Here is a picture I stole from iDB on discord:

IMG_8873.jpg

Trackrat

Are there any Enail controllers that are sold on the China websites that are wired for the coils I bought from CH ? Send me a link if you know. Thanks.

Trackrat,

onesixty2

Are there any Enail controllers that are sold on the China websites that are wired for the coils I bought from CH ? Send me a link if you know. Thanks.
No, if you are using a CH coil you need a non Ali/dhgate pid. Auber or dc typically are the big names for those. The ch pids and cc pids are also wired for the same. Koil boi are also good to use according to someone in the CC discord, I forgot who mentioned it but that did get memory holed.

Last edited:
onesixty2,

Bababouy

I do believe that a couple sellers have them auber wired, however it can be had to interpret what is being sold on Ali. My recommendation is to spend a few bucks more to get one that is confirmed wired correctly rather than risking frying something unless you’re familiar with the wiring.

No, if you are using a CH coil you need a non Ali/dhgate pid. Auber or dc typically are the big names for those. The ch pids and cc pids are also wired for the same. Koil boi are also good to use according to someone in the CC discord, I forgot who mentioned it but that did get memory holed.

My understanding is that you are correct, Koilboi is Auber wired.

Bababouy,

Varden

Auber are wired the "standard" way, no? If I got that right, the Auber should be compatible with the Aliexpress/DHGate stuff and not compatible with the brands with non-standard wiring.

Also, I've read there are adapters, which makes sense because it is only rewiring a couple cables.

Varden,
Top Bottom