Zeal and Ω

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Secondly.. what you're talking about here, is entirely unnecessary. You do not need to heat soak a bowl at all.
I have also stopped heat soaking my bowls, but I can totally understand people who want it as part of their ritual.

I have proved to myself that it has no impact on performance through experiments, but it is also harmless. And I could see this outweighing the benefits of wireless for some people.

onesixty2

I hadn't even considered that as a thing TBH but yeah, it would absolutely suck the heat out of the head and leave you with a sub-optimal hit when you eventually get to it..

onesixty2,
Reactions: Grass Yes

cvs8floz

Secondly.. what you're talking about here, is entirely unnecessary. You do not need to heat soak a bowl at all.
Sorry, I disagree, the difference being the 1-2 seconds at the beginning of the hit when the vapor is whispery on a cold bowl. I know it's not much but it greatly matters to me. Also, I am using an Auber B PID from around 2020, never had any issues with it. Curious how long you heat soak the head between bowls.

cvs8floz,

onesixty2

Sorry, I disagree, the difference being the 1-2 seconds at the beginning of the hit when the vapor is whispery on a cold bowl. I know it's not much but it greatly matters to me. Also, I am using an Auber B PID from around 2020, never had any issues with it. Curious how long you heat soak the head between bowls.
Less than five minutes. It’s always ready to go. And no wispy hits. You are killing your thermal load by heat soaking.

Also frankly, are you here to get advice on using it in wireless? Try out what I’m saying instead of just disagreeing. You aren’t using Ch equipment anymore.

Last edited:
onesixty2,

Boxboxbox

First off, what PID are you using

I have the one that comes with the CC omega kit. Which one is that exactly? I have an Auber on my espresso machine and it looks like my CC equipped one minus the fact is says Auber on my machines PID unit lol didn’t know if it was a brand specific thing or if Auber actually meant the specific style unit

Boxboxbox,

Bababouy

Do you notice much of a difference using the Omega with the flat-bottom coil compared to the standard barrel coil?
Seems like the consensus has been that the temp needs to be increased when using the axial (flat bottom) coil. I started with an increase of +80 but have dialed back to +55

I have the one that comes with the CC omega kit. Which one is that exactly? I have an Auber on my espresso machine and it looks like my CC equipped one minus the fact is says Auber on my machines PID unit lol didn’t know if it was a brand specific thing or if Auber actually meant the specific style unit
Auber is simply a brand but it is also referenced as a wiring type since Auber and most American makers sell PIDs wired the same.

Zillacon

🤠🤠🤠🤠
After some time to get acquainted with the omega and the additional multipliers. What a fun vape to use! I start my day at 14mm, then 18mm, then the 22mm for end of day. I use a headyblock stand and drop the hot omega into it and switch to another, very seamless.

I run:
14mm-465°
18mm-500°
22mm-550°

Do you notice much of a difference using the Omega with the flat-bottom coil compared to the standard barrel coil?
The coil in the picture is from Vgoodiez by crossing tech. It was tighter around the omega and I never got around to really stretch it out properly so it snagged each removal. It ran at a lower temp, but not by much. Other than temp difference, no I notice no real difference.

PizzaWizard

I got this banger from dhgate to see if it would work wirelessly with the omega kit. Looks like it would work better with an axial coil, but it does fit. The auto spinner functions well.

I was just messing with this again. It looks like it will work great if I use silicone o-ring as a stopper. Unfortunately I'm not much of a dabber so I haven't tested it yet.

cvs8floz

If you want to heat soak the bowl you could leave it in the omega upside down while it’s in the coil.
I tried this technique last night and had much better results getting instant vapor, I started at 620 (way too hot) and settled on 580. I believe the wireless option is especially useful when you are sharing a bong with other people. I normally find it awkward when I take my bong setup to someone's house and share with a few people who normally sit on a couch where you clumsily pass this thing around and hope the cord is long enough and people don't burn themselves. When I am just vaping at my desk, I don't see much of an advantage, plus the wireless heads are heavier and need to flipped every time you put them on the bowl.

Krokowa

Does anyone know what the average temperature offset is on the SS Zeal Kit PID between display and actual herb cooking temp? Cheers

Krokowa,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Does anyone know what the average temperature offset is on the SS Zeal Kit PID between display and actual herb cooking temp? Cheers
Do you mean the bowl temperature?

Given that it is heated only by the air you draw through the heater I think it would be impossible to specify an offset between the two.

You could probably derrive the offset compared to the temperature of the rubies pretty easily with a temperature probe. Although I don't feel like that would be useful information.

I think it's probably just best to find the the settings that work best for you rather than worry about any meaning behind the numbers on the controller.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
Omega folks, who aren't on Discord, might be interested in the new Armor coil:

It's still a preorder, but I know it has been in development for a long time. Basically it should be the best coil for a cordless Omega. It should make great contact while heating and then be easy to remove when it's hot.

Anyway I preordered one and I'll report back how it works.

matsci

Omega folks, who aren't on Discord, might be interested in the new Armor coil:

It's still a preorder, but I know it has been in development for a long time. Basically it should be the best coil for a cordless Omega. It should make great contact while heating and then be easy to remove when it's hot.

Anyway I preordered one and I'll report back how it works.

I see he has a pre-order up for a wireless Housing+Handle as well! Shiny!

https://cloud-connoisseur.company.s...reless-Enclosure-&-Handle-Assembly-p591913737

Top Bottom