Zeal and Ω

Zow237

Wow for 125 bux this thing punches way above its price. This is Superb.

The airflow on this is amazing. Zero draw resistance and I tend to complain about this with almost all vapes. My terphammer feels very restrictive compared to this. The taste is pretty great especially at 450. Might even be better lower. The high is what gets me, such a clean high and efficient extraction from only 2 pinches of bud. This is a great vape. I am very happy with my purchase.

Zow237

The ss zeal is amazing. I absolutely love it. Sitting at 540. Woahhhhhy globe had so much vapor in it I had to exhale to get the rest it was thickkkkkk. Huge thick plonks of vapor. It’s pretty instant too into the globe. This is my favorite baller I’ve tried to date :) Just smacks me in the face

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Hey guys, my zeal got here today. I'm literally like an hour and a half into it, so still getting used to it. I just had my first good bowl.

Just curious about one thing, My zeal fit pretty easy into the coil, is it still a good idea to stretch the coil, or should I just leave it as is?]

Waiting for my shovelhead bowl, should come on Monday!

RToy

Just copped the SS. Bowl recommendations?
Don't like wood, had a bad experience with glass honeycomb like filters w the elev8r, the shovelhead is where I'm leaning but a glass bowl made for only metal screens (no glass screen/filter) would be nice
Any luck finding a glass bowl w/metal screen for Zeal?

RToy,

Corvoed

Cannabis Crusader
Asking a 2nd time because I am really curious if this matters. If the coil fits onto the zeal right out of the box without any stretching needed, is it still a good idea to stretch the coil a little bit or should I just keep it as is?

Corvoed,

coolbreeze

Asking a 2nd time because I am really curious if this matters. If the coil fits onto the zeal right out of the box without any stretching needed, is it still a good idea to stretch the coil a little bit or should I just keep it as is?
Does it matter? Probably. I have the short coil on both of mine, and was advised to stretch the coil on the SS version until putting the lid on compressed the coil a bit, holding it tight (can't remember how tightly it fit while stretching and before the cap went back on).

Mercifully my Zirc one came with the coil set up already, felt loose in the stretched coil until the very, very light amount of compression from the cap held it tight. This is plenty tight enough, apparently, as I'm getting a full, deep golden roast with it at 399f.

Bottom line, if you have the Zirconia head and it's working well as is, don't fuck with it--it's not completely indestructible. If you have the SS and you feel like it's loose and not performing well, tighten it down a bit. If it's stretched enough to compress the coil when the cap is replaced, it should be fine, but I believe you could try to twist and tighten the entire coil one wrap at a time, but that's probably unnecessary.

If you like the performance you are getting, I would not mess with it. This is assuming you have the tall coil from CC.
What he said! ; )

Bababouy

+1 to what coolbreeze said about the Zirc not being industructible. I think this is a head that should be set up once and left as is once it is good. You will begin to damage the threads if you keep opening and closing it. That being said the flavor is fantastic and it’s one of my favorites. Just gotta accept it’s got its limitations compared to SS

iranintoavan

Does it matter? Probably. I have the short coil on both of mine, and was advised to stretch the coil on the SS version until putting the lid on compressed the coil a bit, holding it tight (can't remember how tightly it fit while stretching and before the cap went back on).

Mercifully my Zirc one came with the coil set up already, felt loose in the stretched coil until the very, very light amount of compression from the cap held it tight. This is plenty tight enough, apparently, as I'm getting a full, deep golden roast with it at 399f.

Bottom line, if you have the Zirconia head and it's working well as is, don't fuck with it--it's not completely indestructible. If you have the SS and you feel like it's loose and not performing well, tighten it down a bit. If it's stretched enough to compress the coil when the cap is replaced, it should be fine, but I believe you could try to twist and tighten the entire coil one wrap at a time, but that's probably unnecessary.

What he said! ; )
Hmm. What PID do you use? With the included one on the Zirc Zeal Kit I have to run it around 500° or so to get close to golden.

iranintoavan,
Reactions: coolbreeze

coolbreeze

Hmm. What PID do you use? With the included one on the Zirc Zeal Kit I have to run it around 500° or so to get close to golden.
Disorderly Conduction. I usually set it at 420, it's marginally browner but the flavor's still good. I haven't tested it but it feels like it can go a bit lower than 399 even, if necessary. Some of this depends on the restriction of whichever pipe I use, too. Which are you using? I've read that DC is set to display a temp offset of around 100 f in an attempt to compensate for differences between the coil temp and the banger temp.

Last edited:
coolbreeze,
Reactions: Zow237

iranintoavan

Disorderly Conduction. I usually set it at 420, it's marginally browner but the flavor's still good. I haven't tested it but it feels like it can go a bit lower than 399 even, if necessary. Some of this depends on the restriction of whichever pipe I use, too. Which are you using? I've read that DC is set to display a temp offset of around 100 f in an attempt to compensate for differences between the coil temp and the banger temp.
Thanks, I've noticed that people with low temps tend to have the DC one. I wonder if it's just that it's more accurate, or there's just some kind of temperature offset difference between different PID types and brands. I'm using the one that comes with the Zeal Kit. Not sure about the brand but 100ºF offset would make sense because I usually run mine around 100ºF higher than you.

iranintoavan,
Reactions: coolbreeze
Top Bottom