Zeal and Ω

Bababouy

Got the Zirc Zeal earlier today and I’ve had it “bathing” at 700 to burn anything off full of 3mm Zirconia beads. Looking forward to trying it out shortly. Gonna start at 430 and work my way up. I’m debating taking my Ceramic Tiodw apart so I can test them back to back until I get another 6 wrap coil.

I haven’t seen many pictures of these out in the wild. Is it normal for there to be spots that appear to be imperfections. Like almost like cracks but seemingly stable? Nothing I’m worried about now I’m just more curious than anything I will try to get pictures later. Maybe I’m just thinking of those mirror polish pictures I saw way back🤤. As long as it functions that’s all I care about.

onesixty2

Got the Zirc Zeal earlier today and I’ve had it “bathing” at 700 to burn anything off full of 3mm Zirconia beads. Looking forward to trying it out shortly. Gonna start at 430 and work my way up. I’m debating taking my Ceramic Tiodw apart so I can test them back to back until I get another 6 wrap coil.

I haven’t seen many pictures of these out in the wild. Is it normal for there to be spots that appear to be imperfections. Like almost like cracks but seemingly stable? Nothing I’m worried about now I’m just more curious than anything I will try to get pictures later. Maybe I’m just thinking of those mirror polish pictures I saw way back🤤. As long as it functions that’s all I care about.
Idk how Zirc balls would function compared to the rubies but just a heads up I’ve combusted at 420 on a DC pid and Zirc zeal, I would start lower than 430.

Bababouy

That is wild. Makes me wonder if it’s the cheap China PID or ZR02 balls. I’ll probably let it cool down at dinner time and swap the balls to try it.

My experience at 430 was too light ABV and not enough Vapor. Cranking up to 450 before the ball swap

Got the SS heating up with my other shorter coil to do some side by side action going on.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That is wild. Makes me wonder if it’s the cheap China PID or ZR02 balls. I’ll probably let it cool down at dinner time and swap the balls to try it.

My experience at 430 was too light ABV and not enough Vapor. Cranking up to 450 before the ball swap

Got the SS heating up with my other shorter coil to do some side by side action going on.
A lot of things can impact this, especially your glass piece and draw speed.

However all of the videos I have seen with Zirc balls in the Zeal show it needing higher temps and cooling faster. This stands to reason because Zirc should hold heat similar to glass, which is why people started using rubies in ball vapes.

bridgesoid

Am I correct in thinking this 22mm adapter will work with the Zeal? I would of course only set the diffuser on the adapter while inhaling and remove between inhales.

https://edstnt.com/products/microdosing-adp-14-or-18mm?variant=43947006525665

Has anyone used this adapter with the Zeal or another ball vape? I've been really happy with Ed's products in the past and would really like the option of a smaller bowl for one hit extraction and "maintenance" dosing for early mornings or when I have a lot of work on my plate. Thank you in advance for any advice or information that anyone may be able to provide :peace:

Bababouy

Can’t say if that one works but his tigerwood diffuser injector combo required some carving to work.

I picked up one like this guy last week and have been enjoying using it so far. It comes Zeal approved on the site too.

I’d highly recommend these guys I got some handles too and he threw in a few freebies. Came super quick.

I’ve bumped it to 475 on the Zirc Zeal with rubies and have been impressed with the results so far.

bridgesoid

Can’t say if that one works but his tigerwood diffuser injector combo required some carving to work.

I picked up one like this guy last week and have been enjoying using it so far. It comes Zeal approved on the site too.

I’d highly recommend these guys I got some handles too and he threw in a few freebies. Came super quick.

I’ve bumped it to 475 on the Zirc Zeal with rubies and have been impressed with the results so far.
You're a superstar, thank you! I'll email dfreez and see if I can source one when they're back in stock. Thank you :)

onmahgrizzyy

onmahgrizzyy,
Reactions: seedy53

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
PIDs are here tomorrow and bowls are cutting it close for the weekend here. As promised here is a private link for international order listing orders only to add zirc Zeal to their order. I pulled the housing listings very quick to make sure we could accommodate as best as possible.

olivianewtonjohn

So Long Hello GIF by amelietour

:D, been on a t-break in preparation; im going to the moon

pxl_jockey

Just a dude

Some of the properties that make Zr02 an excellent material for the housing are the same reason it doesn’t make a very good material for the balls inside the housing. It’s just as though you’re using borosilicate glass balls except they cool more rapidly, so they’re going to give you the opposite effect of what you’re actually after. Ruby (corundum) balls are still the best solution for this task since they hold onto their heat. At least this my understanding, if someone smarter (literally anyone) knows otherwise please correct me.

:science: Dammit, I’m a medical stoner not a rocket surgeon for God’s sake!

OR else, and this is just an uneducated guess, it might be that cheap China PID of yours. :haw:

Bababouy

Some of the properties that make Zr02 an excellent material for the housing are the same reason it doesn’t make a very good material for the balls inside the housing. It’s just as though you’re using borosilicate glass balls except they cool more rapidly, so they’re going to give you the opposite effect of what you’re actually after. Ruby (corundum) balls are still the best solution for this task since they hold onto their heat. At least this my understanding, if someone smarter (literally anyone) knows otherwise please correct me.

:science: Dammit, I’m a medical stoner not a rocket surgeon for God’s sake!

OR else, and this is just an uneducated guess, it might be that cheap China PID of yours. :haw:
Haha I’ve been rocking the ruby balls since then and I believe you are right. I’m running 450-465 depending on the bowl currently and have been consistently happy with the results. I’m no scientist either but I’m willing to trust the results after the last few days. I’m ranging between a nice dark coffee and espresso ABV depending on my inhale speed.

That being said I tossed the Zirc balls in the SS with a shorter coil and have been impressed with the results at 520. I assumed I’d need to crank it up more with a shorter, stretched coil. Once I get out of the honeymoon stage with the Zirc I look forward to getting more 3mm rubies and another extended coil to do a more equal comparison test for flavor.

encoderboy

Just for another point of reference - I'm running 3mm SiC balls in a SS Zeal, on a stretched Chinese coil.

Currently finding 475 is a pretty sweet spot for me. I could definitely take it lower for flavour, but my one-pull ABV is a lovely dark roast coffee brown, and it's sure doing the job!

Really excited to try it all out on the Influx.. going to be my first serious glass! :-)

Madtater

My shovelhead bowl came in yesterday. Fits perfect on my protoge and zeal.

One question. Do i need to do a burnoff before using it? If so, just use a torch or turn up the zeal and let it sit on top for 20min-half hour?

Asking because i have company coming over tomorrow and it will probably be used quite a bit.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
My shovelhead bowl came in yesterday. Fits perfect on my protoge and zeal.

One question. Do i need to do a burnoff before using it? If so, just use a torch or turn up the zeal and let it sit on top for 20min-half hour?

Asking because i have company coming over tomorrow and it will probably be used quite a bit.
I did an iso wash on mine and called it good. You will probably change it funky colors if try to torch clean it?

chillmike

Next week. Should be around Thursday if everything continues to ship well.
I will be making a listing for SS kits to upgrade to zirc. I pulled zr02 housings from site early to make sure I can accommodate those customers.
We will start working on another order of zr02 soon.
Omega is in production. I still need to figure out handle for wireless though 🤦‍♂️ it fits handles like Ed’s tnt shovelhead handle threading.

I’ve been thinking more and more about a discord group for information access to customers I only worry about tribalism and aggressive fans. As many know I don’t believe in perfect vapes. I have my dislikes but don’t attack people when they enjoy that method themselves. Let me know what you guys think.
i really think a discord server would be great, and just dedicate the vision and spirit of the company and discord towards anti-tribalism and deterring away from negative toxic superiority division seeders... which i absolutely believe in and support and have in my heart as well. i think it'd be a much needed and at the same time, helpful refreshing benefit for those interested in the nuances of CC vapes and accessories and setups etc, and hopefully will inspire the same communitywide as an honorable ethical default for all subcommunities and groups to aim for and have as a continuous team effort to uphold.... i really think it could be great and actually benefit the ballvape community as a whole....! would love to be a part of it... (not to mention, as you already know, that my imminently next setup is going to be a CC setup = praying and hopefully for the Omega... either that, or the Zeal if i cant wait, and get the Omega head afterwards....)

Madtater

Sucks about all that damage.

Bad enough that IDB is dealing with all the orders and the popularity, now gotta get replacements for all the orders due to breakage.

Hopefully he can get what he needs quickly and without incident.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I got PIDs in for every one ❤️ just signed for bowls to be dropped off on the 19th. They are now through customs. We will start processing kits at night over the next few nights so all we have to do is add bowls in. We have a few customers who need accommodating and we will get to them as we are processing kits, making orders, and creating listings to do so. We currently have some family visiting from South Dakota after driving my daughter back from her visit. So to make best use of our time I will be a bit more distant on social media but will be handling emails and corresponding via DM.

Top Bottom