Zeal and Ω

Zozimus

My zeal also drops ~25-30 degrees when I put it on the shovelhead, I think this is because the shovelhead transfers heat much better than a glass bowl. I've gotten awesome results with letting my zeal sit on the shovel head till is does its 30 degree drop then removing it until it heats back up to temp for me that's 510-520 then packing the bowl and going at it. The conduction that the bowl adds after heatsoaking leaves a perfect roast all the way across and milks up very fast!

Edit: I also have a zeal kit from IDB and it has 6 Wraps so I don't think that will fix it.
Does your shovel head get stuck in the joint from letting it heatsoak? I’ve stopped doing it with my b1/b2 from fears of breaking my glass

Zozimus,

jkeyes98

Does your shovel head get stuck in the joint from letting it heatsoak? I’ve stopped doing it with my b1/b2 from fears of breaking my glass
Sometimes... Usually when I forget about it for to long though, If I keep it to 30sec~ it gets a bit tighter but doesn't gets stuck. I was also worried about it the first few times it got stuck but has held up fine so far, I try not to push it though, I'm sure there is a point where the glass will break.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
@onmahgrizzyy when you tighten your coil you could try putting your coil upside down so the sensor isn’t resting on the diffuser that’s on your heat post. These coils have a k type sensor that’s a probe that ends at the very end of the coil. If you try this lmk your results.

SquirrelMaster

Mine has gotten very stuck when I've left my VROD/B1/B2 sitting on it for too long. I don't heat soak on purpose but it's definitely a drawback of metal bowls. No glass breakage here so far but I am more mindful these days and I try to remove the heads asap. I do that more to retain flavor though.

coolbreeze

Mine has gotten very stuck when I've left my VROD/B1/B2 sitting on it for too long. I don't heat soak on purpose but it's definitely a drawback of metal bowls. No glass breakage here so far but I am more mindful these days and I try to remove the heads asap. I do that more to retain flavor though.
While we're having this discussion, here's a reminder to pull your wooden bowls after your hit so they don't swell and stick.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
I used to break lots of dropdowns with my Ti Dnail post, the following might not look great but fixes the problem and works a treat with my Ti injector bowl,

Bababouy

@onmahgrizzyy when you tighten your coil you could try putting your coil upside down so the sensor isn’t resting on the diffuser that’s on your heat post. These coils have a k type sensor that’s a probe that ends at the very end of the coil. If you try this lmk your results.
Good evening all, finally joined after years of lurking just to respond to this one.

I received my Zeal kit today as my first diffuser style ball vape. I noticed a similar drop in temp on both the provided pid and my dual china pid w/adapter. I went ahead and flipped this and had some surprising results. I felt like the drop was more around 10 degrees, however at 530 I was not getting my bowls nearly as roasted as I did with the coil. They looked like something I would hit again but I could not get any additional color or vapor even after letting the head reach temp again. I’m not entirely sure what would cause this and was curious if anyone may have ideas. This thing is great so far though.

I am already enjoying this device more than the b-zero and look forward to more testing this weekend

Ordered some zirconia balls on the way for testing. Already debating getting a shovel head too

J.R. Bob Dobbs

Man, the Zeal has been the most impressive herbal vaporizer I've tried in general, especially for the price of the kit! Of course, this is my first ball vape but I'm glad I waited this long to get such a well-thought out and highly effective package. My Tasty Tube has been doing all the heavy duty work until now and I can't get over how awesome temperature control is with the Zeal. I can rip it or sip it easily!

I'm starting at 450 and ramping up to around 530 at the end using the kit glass bowl and a Prophet. The Zeal can easily overpower the Prophet, so it has been fun to ride the line and see how much I can take. I can foresee a CC water piece in my immediate future but I will continue to use the Zeal with the Prophet because I love dry vaping. Thank you so much, @iDRINKBLEACH for making the Zeal kit so affordable and amazing! I can't wait to add a Zirconia head!

I've got a Qaroma stand and handle coming from Ritual and I've definitely got my eyes on the Auber 300B. I may be in full on VAS mode right now but this setup is gonna be hard to top and will last me for a long time. I can't get over how next-level the Zeal is with some good glass!

Abele Rizieri Ferrari

The other day I started writing a little review but I didn't post it yet and it didn't get saved lol, so a summary. I've really been loving my ss and z Zeal. I run 'em at low temp with relatively small <.1g amounts of flower and it does great one hit extraction. The size and bowl make it a very nice experience. Very happy with my purchase, great combo with my Protege as well.

Ripstar

Dang, noticed a hairline crack in the head of my Zeal. I noticed only because of what seemed to be some temp loss. Going to test again tonight, hopefully it doesn't effect it too much. I did have it on all week, hoping that was the cause.

Arawfish

Green Thumb
I think I’m a bit of an outlier here, but my Zeal showed up last night and I gave her a few good rounds of testing. So far I am not really impressed with its performance.

The machining on the Zeal head is fantastic though, and it looks and feels like an absolute premium product.

Compared to my titi clone (flare), the zeal is underperforming. For example, I run the flare at 450f and get face melting hoots, with coffe brown abv, just how I like it. For the Zeal I cranked it to 530f (and beyond) and still only getting straw coloured hits with not as much power behind them comparatively. 550 on the zeal gets me pretty close to where I like it but not really sure this one has a place in my collection. I’m quite surprised by this given everyone’s experiences here.

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
Good evening all, finally joined after years of lurking just to respond to this one.

I received my Zeal kit today as my first diffuser style ball vape. I noticed a similar drop in temp on both the provided pid and my dual china pid w/adapter. I went ahead and flipped this and had some surprising results. I felt like the drop was more around 10 degrees, however at 530 I was not getting my bowls nearly as roasted as I did with the coil. They looked like something I would hit again but I could not get any additional color or vapor even after letting the head reach temp again. I’m not entirely sure what would cause this and was curious if anyone may have ideas. This thing is great so far though.

I am already enjoying this device more than the b-zero and look forward to more testing this weekend

Ordered some zirconia balls on the way for testing. Already debating getting a shovel head too
By flipping it you’re just tricking the sensor to read from the top where cap instead of the diffuser that’s soaking and losing heat upon its contacts. I honestly believe performance will be better the other way and think the drop in temp if a phony number because your balls didn’t drop that much temperature only your diffuser the sensor is touching. I also think this will help correct the use. It’s registering it’s about to be used when it touches the bowl and starts adding more calories because the diffuser dropping slightly. The flip is just to show you it’s the way the coils reading because nothing else changed besides the sensors testing on the cap or the diffuser

@Arawfish dang that’s unfortunate it’s not what you were looking for. If it’s any consolation I run mine at 570. My inhale is too strong to run any lower with the airflow that can be had with the diffuser
@Ripstar sent you a message and set up a delivery to you. We have had a few lids crack, we’re currently in talks with the manufacturer and trying to find what the cause would be on these few units. I will update everyone as I have more information.
A good time to remind people to only finger tighten your caps, not only for thermal expansion with zirc but I’ve had a couple people have a really heck of a time trying to get the SS head off after it was heated when so tight. With zirc I also like to make sure my coil is not resting about threads to alleviate pressure.

Last edited:

coolbreeze

I think I’m a bit of an outlier here, but my Zeal showed up last night and I gave her a few good rounds of testing. So far I am not really impressed with its performance.

The machining on the Zeal head is fantastic though, and it looks and feels like an absolute premium product.

Compared to my titi clone (flare), the zeal is underperforming. For example, I run the flare at 450f and get face melting hoots, with coffe brown abv, just how I like it. For the Zeal I cranked it to 530f (and beyond) and still only getting straw coloured hits with not as much power behind them comparatively. 550 on the zeal gets me pretty close to where I like it but not really sure this one has a place in my collection. I’m quite surprised by this given everyone’s experiences here.
Have you stretched the coil so that the caps compress it? I've run my DC SS Zeal at 475 and got billows of tasty vapor (can't recall the color of the duff, but I sure felt it was done). My DC B0 runs at like 575f. Hope you get it worked out!

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Have you stretched the coil so that the caps compress it? I've run my DC SS Zeal at 475 and got billows of tasty vapor (can't recall the color of the duff, but I sure felt it was done). My DC B0 runs at like 575f. Hope you get it worked out!
The coil didn’t need to be stretched, it’s the big 6 wrapper. There’s maybe like .5 of a mm worth of space to stretch it. My flare is fully stretched and runs 450 🤷🏼‍♂️

No harm if I have to sell this anyway. I’m sure it’ll go quickly. Gonna do a few more nights of testing before that though.

cvs8floz

Could the coil be bad? I noticed a drop in performance in my B1 a few weeks ago and it turned out that the coil was dying on me but very slowly. Do you have another coil you could substitute even if it isn't the perfect fit?

cvs8floz,
Reactions: Kudzu407

Drag0n

Time Travler
What temp and how long do you do a burn off? should the head be installed before hand or after? what temps is everyone running when using it? New to this type of device trying to learn :D

Arawfish

Green Thumb
Alright, alright… I cranked this puppy up and packed it to the brim with some of my finest herb.

I can’t feel my legs.

:whoa:

There’s some serious power in this head. The flavour is also beyond excellent. The signature on this one is so untainted that I can taste the room and the soil this weed was grown in.

Hats off to CC :rockon:

iDRINKBLEACH

Accessory Maker
I got the temp dialed in now. Very happy with performance and looks. Accidentally turned the unit gold doing a burn off haha. Shouldn’t impact performance right?
It will turn golden. Mine is blue. SS heat changes at different temps than Ti. I hit my head with a big shot torch just until it got hot and moved across as evenly as I could. In the end I wish I would have kept it gold @Madtater
I’m glad you got it dialed in brother @onmahgrizzyy 💪🔥

Easywider

Simple is the way
I've been switching back and forth between the Z and SS Zeal for the past cpl weeks and I honestly don't know what one I prefer more. The SS I run @ 410f and it's gives me the most even chocolate brown AVB. Extremely responsive experience, white walls as soon as I start my inhale. The flavour is fantastic! love the feeling of the extra weight of the SSZ and the sound of it when it mates metal bowls. A very nice tactile feel to it.

The Z Zeal is running at 350f and the flavour is outstanding! @Arawfish mentioned it's like you can taste the soil the plant was grown in. I usually only get these fine flavours out of concentrates. I do find the Z Zeal a little trickier to dial in to my perfect temp though. Sometimes it takes a bit of technique to not over roast. I feel the longer it's turned on for the more heat it stores and mine is on all day every day.

Either way you can't go wrong, these have been such a pleasure to use!

Last edited:

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I got the temp dialed in now. Very happy with performance and looks. Accidentally turned the unit gold doing a burn off haha. Shouldn’t impact performance right?
Both my SS heads turned brassy gold on the first burn off. I dig it.

I've cleaned SS pots with white vinegar to take the color off, although that tends to be more like a rainbow.

I think it's the chromium in the SS oxidizing but I might be remembering incorrectly.

Top Bottom