Zeal and Ω

onesixty2

Anyone have SS zeal and a coil guard from a freight train? Does it fit (with or without bending) or should I get the mininail one?
I feel like I’ve seen this out on someone’s Instagram story but cannot relocate it because, Instagram. Can’t personally say I have one, but memory tells me I saw a photo of it and thought it was kinda neat looking.

E: found it, @tinctorus has one in his setup. https://www.instagram.com/reel/CsKhTSFNqYe/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==

Last edited:

onmahgrizzyy

everyone will get their tracking tonight and will be picked up the AM. Been distant this last week was busy tearing my vehicle down and trying to juggle work days., had a CV axle go out on my vehicle and we sold our secondary so we didn’t have to haul it across country so shippings will have a little delay so I can schedule pickups while my vehicle is torn apart. New parts for my vehicle will be here this week figured I’d fix a few other things while I had my vehicle tore down a bit.
Did these ship? I didn’t seem to receive tracking

onmahgrizzyy,

seedy53

is there a handle for the coil and a holder device when not in use? where to get shovelhead diffuser? size need? it all new to me. brand/model of pid?

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
is there a handle for the coil and a holder device when not in use?
In a previous post, iDB said he was working on sourcing an inexpensive handle and stand. I use a handle from dfreez designs on one and a Ed's TNT handle on the other Zeal. I use the Cannabis Hardware hanger and post, which works as a great stand. Lots of other good suggestions on this thread.
where to get shovelhead diffuser?
I assume you mean the bowl, not the diffuser head? You can pick that up from Cannabis Hardware as well. Cloud Connoisseur sells a good glass bowl. I also have one on order from Solid State Concepts.
brand/model of pid?
Auber, Disorderly Conduction, and others make PIDs that are compatible with the coil from CC. Although you can use any 20mm coil and compatible PID. And of course Cloud Connoisseur sells a PID as part of the kit.

Really the kit is an excellent deal and would be a fantastic introduction to the world of ball vapes. Just add a good glass piece and go!

seedy53

In a previous post, iDB said he was working on sourcing an inexpensive handle and stand. I use a handle from dfreez designs on one and a Ed's TNT handle on the other Zeal. I use the Cannabis Hardware hanger and post, which works as a great stand. Lots of other good suggestions on this thread.

I assume you mean the bowl, not the diffuser head? You can pick that up from Cannabis Hardware as well. Cloud Connoisseur sells a good glass bowl. I also have one on order from Solid State Concepts.

Auber, Disorderly Conduction, and others make PIDs that are compatible with the coil from CC. Although you can use any 20mm coil and compatible PID. And of course Cloud Connoisseur sells a PID as part of the kit.

Really the kit is an excellent deal and would be a fantastic introduction to the world of ball vapes. Just add a good glass piece and go!
that's why i'm here, i just want to know if the pid is dependable and what i need extra, not included in the kit. true the price is excellent. if i have to buy other stuff, how it will effect the price? i want to get everything i need all at once, if that make senses?

Canna Chameleon

Muted by mods. Run off by rudeness.
that's why i'm here, i just want to know if the pid is dependable and what i need extra, not included in the kit. true the price is excellent. if i have to buy other stuff, how it will effect the price? i want to get everything i need all at once, if that make senses?
1. The PID is an off brand Chinese unit. Is it depndable? Who knows? Nobody has had them for a month yet. Who knows how long they will last. If you aren’t willing to take a chance on a cheap unit you can buy zeal by itself and go buy an Auber or other known PID and coil

2. Good luck getting every thing. I never know what i need until it’s been in hand and run thru some paces. Then always something I realize I should have ordered.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
That makes sense. I don't know about the PID, but I am willing to bet is it fine. But as CannaChameleon said, you can pick another well-known brand. Just make sure you get a coil with a compatible pinout.

If you do get the kit, you just need a glass piece to go with it. I like the Cloud Connoisseur glass, but there are lots of great options. I think something with a little more volume is nice with the Zeal, as it can overpower me on a j-hook or even the Prophet. The Protege or Vertex work great with it, although you'll probably want a drop-down too. I also like the TAG 9" Donut, (found via the cheap glass thread).

As you saw, you don't get a handle or a stand but you don't have to buy either of those right away (or ever depending on your preference). You can hold the coil at the clamp and it is fine. You can use a coffee mug as a stand and many folks prefer this. I like my handles and my stand, but they aren't required, in my opinion.

cvs8floz

Welcome to the league of the gigantic coil, I am totally blown away by this package. Everything in this kit is high-end at a bargain price, the glass bowl is sturdy, every head I tried on it sits straight without a wobble. The enormous coil with all the balls packs so much heat I could drop my temps by 100 degrees. The design is so simple you just unscrew the top and it is easy to fill, no tools required. I cannot detect any metallic taste of any kind, this is coming from years of CH products. Taste is similar to B1 maybe slightly better, air flow more restricted but still very little effort needed to draw. Using with my Auber controller without issue, I believe I am a convert on day 1.

SquirrelMaster

Cloud Connoisseur can turn handles for you as well if you want a more custom piece.

I've seen some cheap coil handles on Aliexpress as well.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Hey guys! So I got a vehicle over this weekend so I can continue working on beloved dodge pickup, wife said the new pickup doesn’t mean we’re getting rid of my dodge it just means we have a safe reliable backup (the new vehicle being cherry especially compared to my dodge but she knows I love my old rust bucket) working on getting orders together right now so I can get labels tonight and tracking.
Update on the status of CCs future. We are cleaning up and polishing all products we currently have with future plans on more baller head, and a stand and we are taking a break from dry herb for a short while to focus on a concentrate system . Two recycler designs will be shown off next week, we made it to proto #8 to get both of these. One will preorder for same price as Vertex the other will preorder at $85.

onesixty2

Hey guys! So I got a vehicle over this weekend so I can continue working on beloved dodge pickup, wife said the new pickup doesn’t mean we’re getting rid of my dodge it just means we have a safe reliable backup (the new vehicle being cherry especially compared to my dodge but she knows I love my old rust bucket) working on getting orders together right now so I can get labels tonight and tracking.
Update on the status of CCs future. We are cleaning up and polishing all products we currently have with future plans on more baller head, and a stand and we are taking a break from dry herb for a short while to focus on a concentrate system . Two recycler designs will be shown off next week, we made it to proto #8 to get both of these. One will preorder for same price as Vertex the other will preorder at $85.
Heck yeah bro, count me in for both the next glass showings. Sounds like we might be getting a mini-me version, or a totally different design between the two?

pudgewack

Does anyone have any insight on how a coil with 5 wraps changes the user experience compared to a coil with only 4 wraps?

I have been happy with my Zirconia Zeal using a 4 wrap coil. Just received the SS Zeal kit and noticed the coil has 5 wraps. Curious how that impacts vapor production. Thinking I may put the 5 wrap coil on the Zirconia if there is a major difference as that is the head I will use more often.

cvs8floz

I went from 4 wraps with the B1 to 6 wraps with the Zeal, the difference is night and day. You end up going through more material too but it is just more heat, faster extraction, bigger clouds at a lower temperature. I never bothered spreading the wraps because the coil fits almost perfectly as is.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I just setup my zeal yesterday and the only issue I’m having is it drops 30 degrees when I put it on the shovelhead. Any one have a similar issue and how did you fix?
Mine drops (not quite that much) when I put it on the metal bowl to heat soak. But since I am heat soaking, it typically comes back up to temp by the time I am ready to load it (less than 5 minutes). This is with an Auber PID and coil, so YMMV.

onmahgrizzyy

Mine drops (not quite that much) when I put it on the metal bowl to heat soak. But since I am heat soaking, it typically comes back up to temp by the time I am ready to load it (less than 5 minutes). This is with an Auber PID and coil, so YMMV.
Interesting. I guess this is just a difference I’ll have to get used to with the b0. I also may need to tweak my coil. It’s spaced out from top to bottom but not sure if it’s as even as possible

Madtater

will the 18.8mm post and shovelhead bowl from CH work with the zeal and protoge?

Is that the one everyone is talking about?

Asking because the protoge is supposed to be 18mm.

onmahgrizzyy

I went from 4 wraps with the B1 to 6 wraps with the Zeal, the difference is night and day. You end up going through more material too but it is just more heat, faster extraction, bigger clouds at a lower temperature. I never bothered spreading the wraps because the coil fits almost perfectly as is.
Where did you get the coil? Wondering if it will fix my issue

onmahgrizzyy,

jkeyes98

I just setup my zeal yesterday and the only issue I’m having is it drops 30 degrees when I put it on the shovelhead. Any one have a similar issue and how did you fix?
My zeal also drops ~25-30 degrees when I put it on the shovelhead, I think this is because the shovelhead transfers heat much better than a glass bowl. I've gotten awesome results with letting my zeal sit on the shovel head till is does its 30 degree drop then removing it until it heats back up to temp for me that's 510-520 then packing the bowl and going at it. The conduction that the bowl adds after heatsoaking leaves a perfect roast all the way across and milks up very fast!

Edit: I also have a zeal kit from IDB and it has 6 Wraps so I don't think that will fix it.

Top Bottom